Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IDK, I guess when a movie requires one to suspend disbelief to such a degree that the MCU movies do, I don't really worry so much about things like knowing exactly how she found them. I figure they'll explain it somewhere down the road, if enough people want an explanation.
Yeah. The explanation will probably come out whenever the X-Men MCU movie finally gets released.

I couldn't resist @Roadtrip635 :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
IDK, I guess when a movie requires one to suspend disbelief to such a degree that the MCU movies do, I don't really worry so much about things like knowing exactly how she found them. I figure they'll explain it somewhere down the road, if enough people want an explanation.
That's question #10 on this particular list.....:muttley:

10 Avengers: Endgame Plot Holes Everyone Just Ignores

Endgame was certainly an amazing cinematic adventure, but there are some glaring issues that are simply swept under the rug.
While the issues are somewhat relevant (and crucial in some cases) to the believability of the story, fans just accept them for what they are so that they can enjoy the movie as a whole.
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-plot-holes-everyone-ignores/

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I can wrap my mind around your opinion much better than the author's.
No one can claim I am the patient type. Lag time between productions feel as if it eats at my soul.

However, there is a danger to doing things "too quickly." The MCU is receiving its fair share of criticism per each film or series release. I am certain the studios would defend themselves by saying the time devoted to each production delivers the best product to market. Now consider the criticism they would attract my ramping up the assembly line.

Plus, there are practical matters to think of also. Studios want maximum return on films while understanding competing films will eat at their profits. The last thing they would want is two or more of their films, that are similar in nature, joining the competitive frenzy.

TV shows are about attracting and retaining subscribers. Streamers like Netflix gathers anything they can get their hands on and throws it at the market in glubs. On the other hand, Disney is proactively matching and marketing specific products according to highly defined hubs. Pixar. Star Wars. National Geographic. Marvel. And inflating its own library with newer serial content.

I agree stuff is slowly made available for everyone and it frustrates me too. It is their marketing plan though and they have not made it secret either. Knowing and accepting it takes the edge off my frustrations.
Knowing that doesn't mean I have to or will accept it! :mad:

That's something we should have learned from Goldilocks as a kid, it's doesn't have to be "too quickly" or too slow, how about aiming for just right?
It is just downright puzzling why such a high profile title and set of characters such as X-Men would have to go to the back of the que, especially behind the likes of Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk or other 3rd tier characters that are part of their "plan". Plans change all the time and you don't let such a profitable franchise sit collecting dust for 6 years. :mad:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's question #10 on this particular list.....:muttley:

10 Avengers: Endgame Plot Holes Everyone Just Ignores

Endgame was certainly an amazing cinematic adventure, but there are some glaring issues that are simply swept under the rug.
While the issues are somewhat relevant (and crucial in some cases) to the believability of the story, fans just accept them for what they are so that they can enjoy the movie as a whole.
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-plot-holes-everyone-ignores/
One would assume there would be a certain flight path to get home, and Tony and Nebula would be at least somewhere near that fight path.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knowing that doesn't mean I have to or will accept it! :mad:

That's something we should have learned from Goldilocks as a kid, it's doesn't have to be "too quickly" or too slow, how about aiming for just right?
It is just downright puzzling why such a high profile title and set of characters such as X-Men would have to go to the back of the que, especially behind the likes of Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk or other 3rd tier characters that are part of their "plan". Plans change all the time and you don't let such a profitable franchise sit collecting dust for 6 years. :mad:
A couple of things. Disney did not acquire FOX until March 2019. Disney/Marvel has done what you dislike so much since their merger, namely plan all this stuff out years in advance.

2019 is important to kinda understanding their basic operating formula. In August 2019, Kevin Feige announced Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. Let's take Ms. Marvel as an example. Casting call did not go out until early 2020, likely around February when Iman Vellani sent the studio an self-audition tape. Filming did not start for the series until November. The finished product did not hit Disney+ until last month.

That is 22 months from an official announcement to watching it on television. Of course, a certain worldwide event (that will not be talked about in this forum) extended the process for certain. No argument. What I want to emphasize is that Feige & Company likely had the series on the drawing board WELL-before the official announcement. I would gues-stimate 12 months prior at minimum. And note, the character was already a Disney property already.

Let's fast forward to Feige's official upcoming phases announcement in December 2020. He hits us with in-production announcement concerning an FOX property acquired 19 months before: Fantastic Four. I have zero proof but that indicates to me they already had an actionable plan ready to activate after getting the FOX deal finalized. And that their number one launch priority was the FF and never the mutants.

My opinion? X-Men are on-schedule. They wanted a buffer between the past FOX movies and what they envision. No buffer was needed for the FF because the 2015 release was largely forgettable and a dud. The main issue is that we, the audience, have no clue what the schedule is.

Even so, I extremely doubt there was any pre-planning session held that included strong advocates for fast-forwarding any X-Men projects. And I say that thinking there are zero proponents of standalone productions in the MCU as there are in the DCEU. I honestly do think they want everything to "fit" together without any stragglers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
A couple of things. Disney did not acquire FOX until March 2019. Disney/Marvel has done what you dislike so much since their merger, namely plan all this stuff out years in advance.

2019 is important to kinda understanding their basic operating formula. In August 2019, Kevin Feige announced Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. Let's take Ms. Marvel as an example. Casting call did not go out until early 2020, likely around February when Iman Vellani sent the studio an self-audition tape. Filming did not start for the series until November. The finished product did not hit Disney+ until last month.

That is 22 months from an official announcement to watching it on television. Of course, a certain worldwide event (that will not be talked about in this forum) extended the process for certain. No argument. What I want to emphasize is that Feige & Company likely had the series on the drawing board WELL-before the official announcement. I would gues-stimate 12 months prior at minimum. And note, the character was already a Disney property already.

Let's fast forward to Feige's official upcoming phases announcement in December 2020. He hits us with in-production announcement concerning an FOX property acquired 19 months before: Fantastic Four. I have zero proof but that indicates to me they already had an actionable plan ready to activate after getting the FOX deal finalized. And that their number one launch priority was the FF and never the mutants.

My opinion? X-Men are on-schedule. They wanted a buffer between the past FOX movies and what they envision. No buffer was needed for the FF because the 2015 release was largely forgettable and a dud. The main issue is that we, the audience, have no clue what the schedule is.

Even so, I extremely doubt there was any pre-planning session held that included strong advocates for fast-forwarding any X-Men projects. And I say that thinking there are zero proponents of standalone productions in the MCU as there are in the DCEU. I honestly do think they want everything to "fit" together without any stragglers.

Explaining the snail's pace doesn't make it any better and certainly doesn't excuse them from placing FF and X-Men at the back of the que. I want to see this sacred stone tablet where these future phases are carved into and cannot be adjusted! :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as there are no further‘outside circumstances’, I expect them to hit their targets.

What’s your opinion of the announced lineup?
TBH, I'm not familiar with some of it...maybe even most of it, but the Ms. Marvel series has me nervous about the future of the MCU. I haven't actually watched the show, and the trailers I've seen are the reason why. I assume The Marvels will incorporate that character, and hopefully that project will be much less Mickey Mouse Club than the current show appears to be.

As long as they don't go all "Disney musical" with anything, I have hope for the future, but I feel like we've seen the best of the MCU.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The two avengers movies in the same year imply an unresolved ending to the Kang Dynasty, a la Infinity War.

This is the Multiverse Saga, implying that Secret Wars will be the multiversal finale. In the comics, the Secret Wars was a massive battle between every single super hero and every single super villain. If we take that concept and add the multiverse angle:

Hugh Jackman
Ryan Reynolds
Wesley Snipes
Michael Fassbender
Tobey Maguire
Alternate Universe Chris Evans
Alternate Universe Robert Downey
Tom Hardy
Jon Bernthal

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Goosebumps
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps.
Goosebumps..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hugh Jackman
Ryan Reynolds
Wesley Snipes
Michael Fassbender
Tobey Maguire
Alternate Universe Chris Evans
Alternate Universe Robert Downey
Tom Hardy
Jon Bernthal
Doubtful.
Definitely.
Unlikely.
Maybe.
Very likely.
Maybe.
Possibly.
Very likely.
Very doubtful.

EDIT: Missed Snipes.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TBH, I'm not familiar with some of it...maybe even most of it, but the Ms. Marvel series has me nervous about the future of the MCU. I haven't actually watched the show, and the trailers I've seen are the reason why. I assume The Marvels will incorporate that character, and hopefully that project will be much less Mickey Mouse Club than the current show appears to be.

As long as they don't go all "Disney musical" with anything, I have hope for the future, but I feel like we've seen the best of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel will survive and thrive despite any and all negative television reviews. No need to assume about her being incorporated into the movie. That announcement was made during Disney Investor Day in December 2020:

And that was before the movie's official name was finalized. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ms. Marvel will survive and thrive despite any and all negative television reviews. No need to assume about her being incorporated into the movie. That announcement was made during Disney Investor Day in December 2020:

And that was before the movie's official name was finalized. :thumbup:

The video is unavailable, because it's "private". What you tryin' to send me, man???:muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The video is unavailable, because it's "private". What you tryin' to send me, man???:muttley:
Crap! I really dislike YouTube sometimes. It threw up a copyright claim when I published it, so I thought making it private would serve as a workaround if it got blocked. I changed it to public. Try it again.