Comics and Movies

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
ZHekwdR.jpg

...and both seen in ONE scene.

However, Mary and/or Darla replace Billy at the table in the exact same scene and cartoonish is omitted.
I think it was supposed to be how a kid envisions what a superhero would look like, big muscle bound with a flashy costume, things are exaggerated and that's what he transforms into. To a kid a superhero is bigger than life, so he transforms into how he sees a superhero versus what a "real" superhero looks like. That's just the feeling I get........ :huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was supposed to be how a kid envisions what a superhero would look like, big muscle bound with a flashy costume, things are exaggerated and that's what he transforms into. To a kid a superhero is bigger than life, so he transforms into how he sees a superhero versus what a "real" superhero looks like. That's just the feeling I get........ :huh:
It is a shared opinion, which I understand. However, I think that hypothetical could be modified from "kid" to "young man" since the young women did not seemingly envision "big muscle bound" in the very same movie. Perhaps females, even the youngest of them, have more practical daydreams according to the movie.

I appreciate y'all chatting about it. I'm past it now. I was not expecting much from Shazam! anyway. Waiting on The Rock's version in October now. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ms. Marvel Writer Explains Kamala Khan's Possible Role in Secret Wars
By Riley Deboer | CBR/MSN
July 28, 2022

AAYg27x.img

Ms. Marvel writer Fatimah Asghar thinks Kamala Khan (Iman Vellani) could play a significant role in Avengers: Secret Wars despite her being much "smaller scale" than other Marvel Cinematic Universe heroes.

In an interview with The Direct, Asghar compared Spider-Man's (Tom Holland) role in Avengers: Infinity War to what Ms. Marvel's part could be in the newly announced Secret Wars film. "Thinking about Infinity War, when you're seeing all of these people who maybe don't have that kind of overpowered power set, I think about even seeing Spider-Man. I felt like Peter Parker had so much of the emotional heart of [Infinity War]," she said. "And I think that is in part because what you're getting is a group of people—you're getting these villains, like Thanos, that require everyone, including the small folks to come through and be like, we can do this. And in those moments they are also being tested, and, pushed, and, pushed and, pushed to become bigger, right?"

Asghar also addressed how there may be more to Ms. Marvel's powers than what meets the eye. "I think that Kamala is a smaller scale person, and there's so much we have not seen," Asghar said. "And so I think that, really, as we watch Kamala, I'm so excited to see her evolution and what she's capable of in terms of factoring into these bigger worlds, into these kind of really huge pieces that are coming up. And I actually think that Kamala is an incredible superhero and [she has a lot that] she's going to continue to grow into and add to the MCU."

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Walking Dead' now has 6 spinoff shows. Here they all are.
By Kirsten Acuna | Insider
July 28, 2022

584e1c4fdd0895ef548b48ab

• "The Walking Dead" is ending in 2022 but has spawned many spinoff series.
  • "Fear the Walking Dead" recently ended its seventh season and is currently in production on its eighth.
  • "The Walking Dead: World Beyond" finished its two-season run last year.
  • An anthology series called "Tales of the Walking Dead" debuts in August.
  • An untitled Daryl series, starring Norman Reedus, will premiere next year.
  • Maggie and Negan are also getting their own show next year called "Isle of the Dead."
  • Michonne and Rick are returning to the "TWD" universe in a show on AMC+ next year.

Read more

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I watch some of these videos from time to time where they have an expert break down scenes from movies on how real or possible they are. I watched these two about the science in Marvel and DC movies, kinda goofy, but kinda fun.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggest Change About Namor’s Origin to Avoid Aquaman Comparison
By Muhammad Solihin | Wowkia
July 29, 2022

Biggest-Change-About-Namor-800x450.jpg

<snip>

Hasbro Pulse revealed the roster for the Namor the Sub-Mariner action figure from Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

This figure comes with a description that reveals a major change to Namor’s background from the comics for his MCU debut. On the big screen, he will be the ruler of a country called Talocan, an underwater civilization, not the usual Atlantean empire.

While it’s not based on anything special from Marvel Comics, its name is similar to a place from the Aztec legend called Tlālōcān, known as a cultural haven for those who died from drowning or being struck by lightning.

<snip>

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why 'Hellboy: Blood and Iron' Is the Hellboy Film You Need to See
By Collier Jennings | Collider
July 28, 2022

hellboy-blood-and-iron-feature.jpeg

While most of the comic book characters that have received film and TV adaptations hail from established publishers like Marvel and DC, some have managed to stand apart from the "Big Two" and gain their own foothold in pop culture. One of these characters is Hellboy, the self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator". The Mike Mignola creation has been the subject of quite a few movies. Of course there's the pair of Hellboy films, Hellboy and Hellboy II: The Golden Army, helmed by gothic auteur Guillermo del Toro. And there's the less than well recieved 2019 reboot which managed to squander the talents of Neil Marshall and David Harbour. Yet there's one Hellboy film that nearly every fan would love - Hellboy: Blood and Iron.

Blood and Iron is the second of two Hellboy Animated films, with the first film - titled Hellboy: Sword of Storms - released a year prior. Mignola had a major hand in the creative process: not only did he come up with the story for both films with Tad Stones, but he also served as a producer on both projects. And both Sword of Storms and Blood and Iron draw heavily from the Hellboy comics. Blood and Iron, in particular, draws elements from the "Wake the Devil" storyline where Hellboy battles the goddess of magic Hecate - as well as the revelation that he will become the harbinger of the Apocalypse.

del Toro was also a creative producer on the films, with both featuring the return of the principal cast from his films. Once again, Ron Perlman would lend his signature gravelly voice to Hellboy. And Doug Jones and Selma Blair would provide voices for the merman Abe Sapien and pyrokinetic Liz Sherman, respectively. Even John Hurt would return to voice Hellboy's adoptive father, Professor Trevor "Broom" Bruttenholm. Combined with an intro that replicated the opening of del Toro's first Hellboy movie, these films could easily fit alongside the live action ones - and were meant to, as they both serve as prequels to the first del Toro film.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ben Affleck To Reprise The Role Of Batman In Jason Momoa Starrer 'Aquaman 2'; Later Shares His Excitement
By Mashable News Staff | Mashable
July 29, 2022

Ben Affleck is all set to return as Bruce Wayne aka Batman in 'Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom'. While the upcoming movie reunites the 49-year-old actor with Jason Momoa once again, the latter confirmed the news on social media by sharing a couple of BTS photos and a video from the sets of the movie. Momoa captioned the post, "Bruce and Artur. Love you and miss you Ben. WB studios tour explored the backlot alright, busted on set. All great things coming Aquaman 2 ally my aloha."

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Expanse's Realism Makes It Unique Among Sci-Fi Shows
By Demaris Oxman | Game Rant
July 28, 2022

The-Expanse.jpg

A great deal of, if not most, science fiction media tends to fall on either end of a specific spectrum: optimism versus pessimism. Star Trek famously depicts a utopian future, one where humanity has united to explore the universe. Many franchises created in the modern day, meanwhile, lean towards the dystopian and the bleak, weaving cautionary tales about future technology and what it can do in the wrong hands. And in either case, the technological advances that take place in sci-fi universes tend to be ones that we today can only dream of. Traveling hundreds of lightyears in mere seconds; human cloning; suspended animation for hundreds of years — all of these are far beyond our grasp right now.

Of course, that's part of the fun of science fiction: to imagine a universe so different from our own. But it's equally intriguing to wonder: looking realistically at the trajectory we are on, where will humanity be a few centuries from now? What technologies could we feasibly develop in the next three hundred years, and how will they affect our society? That's the approach that The Expanse takes in its speculation on the future of humankind. Not only is it one of the most scientifically realistic shows on TV, but the characters and their actions throughout the story lend it a sense of believability that make it feel uniquely immersive.

Read more

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exclusive: The Marvels In Trouble After Poor Test Screening

This year’s San Diego Comic-Con teased a lot of exciting news for Marvel fans, including the first appearance of Tenoch Huerta’s
Namor in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, a new trailer for She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, and a whole slew of confirmed names and release dates. However, there were conspicuously no updates on the upcoming film The Marvels, which will unite Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers, Iman Vellani’s Kamala Khan, and Teyonah Parris’s Monica Rambeau. According to our trusted and proven sources, there may be a reason for that: Marvel Studios getting nervous after poor test screenings of The Marvels.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/the-marvels-poor-test-screening-exclusive.html
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/the-marvels-poor-test-screening-exclusive.html

My bad feeling about this film just became a worse feeling.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
July 28, 2022

The-Expanse.jpg

A great deal of, if not most, science fiction media tends to fall on either end of a specific spectrum: optimism versus pessimism. Star Trek famously depicts a utopian future, one where humanity has united to explore the universe. Many franchises created in the modern day, meanwhile, lean towards the dystopian and the bleak, weaving cautionary tales about future technology and what it can do in the wrong hands. And in either case, the technological advances that take place in sci-fi universes tend to be ones that we today can only dream of. Traveling hundreds of lightyears in mere seconds; human cloning; suspended animation for hundreds of years — all of these are far beyond our grasp right now.

Of course, that's part of the fun of science fiction: to imagine a universe so different from our own. But it's equally intriguing to wonder: looking realistically at the trajectory we are on, where will humanity be a few centuries from now? What technologies could we feasibly develop in the next three hundred years, and how will they affect our society? That's the approach that The Expanse takes in its speculation on the future of humankind. Not only is it one of the most scientifically realistic shows on TV, but the characters and their actions throughout the story lend it a sense of believability that make it feel uniquely immersive.

Read more
Such a great series. I'm sad it's over.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
July 28, 2022

The-Expanse.jpg

Read more
Anybody else that also watched "Star Trek Brave New Worlds" wonder how Camina Drummer from "The Expanse" got into their universe? :huh:
the-expanse-cara-gee-drummer.png
ofaDDgXzx5ZrbYhk7GJLWD-1200-80.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JESSICA JONES ALUM KRYSTEN RITTER TO STAR IN AND EXECUTIVE PRODUCE ORPHAN BLACK: ECHOES
By Kimberly Potts and Whitney Friedlander | Rotten Tomatoes
July 29, 2022

Krysten-Ritter-700x380-1.jpg

he was Jesse Pinkman’s love in Breaking Bad, super-strong Marvel superhero Jessica Jones, and the B in Apt. 23, and now Krysten Ritter is making a return to AMC as the star and executive producer of the Orphan Black follow-up series Orphan Black: Echoes.

The new series, a follow-up to the 2013-17 BBC America sci-fi thriller that starred Tatiana Maslany and future Better Call Saul star Michael Mando, is set in the near future, and takes a deep dive into the exploration of the scientific manipulation of human existence.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/greatest-superhero-movies-of-all-time-1367814/
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/

Read Rolling Stones' 50 Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time list from June 29. Six writers contributed to the rankings. Only one writer is a film critic.

I started wondering, "How would the opinions of many paid critics compare with this small group of writers?" So I checked Rotten Tomatoes, who did a recent ranking of their own called The 84 Best Superhero Movies of all Time.

Below are how their rankings compare. A few notes:
  • Only three movies, Avengers: Endgame (2019), Wonder Woman (2017) & Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) received the exact same ranking from both
  • Seven movies did not make RT list: Infra-Man (1975), Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), The Old Guard (2020), Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022), Blade II (2002), Tank Girl (1995), Ghost Rider (2007)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (91% Tomatometer rating) and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (74% Tomatometer rating) were notable omissions from RT's list, which used the criteria "...every Fresh and Certified Fresh superhero movie with at least 20 reviews to assemble our guide to the best superhero movies ever, ranked by Tomatometer!"

9rxYRSw.jpg

fd9RR9C.jpg

LbnTUVx.jpg

4Zc9caz.jpg

fwyaYyv.jpg

FThZDvx.jpg

RMPfqMR.jpg

F1C4Y29.jpg

n3UybuH.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/greatest-superhero-movies-of-all-time-1367814/
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/

Read Rolling Stones' 50 Greatest Superhero Movies of All Time list from June 29. Six writers contributed to the rankings. Only one writer is a film critic.

I started wondering, "How would the opinions of many paid critics compare with this small group of writers?" So I checked Rotten Tomatoes, who did a recent ranking of their own called The 84 Best Superhero Movies of all Time.

Below are how their rankings compare. A few notes:
  • Only three movies, Avengers: Endgame (2019), Wonder Woman (2017) & Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) received the exact same ranking from both
  • Seven movies did not make RS list: Infra-Man (1975), Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), The Old Guard (2020), Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022), Blade II (2002), Tank Girl (1995), Ghost Rider (2007)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (91% Tomatometer rating) and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (74% Tomatometer rating) were notable omissions from RT's list, which used the criteria "...every Fresh and Certified Fresh superhero movie with at least 20 reviews to assemble our guide to the best superhero movies ever, ranked by Tomatometer!"

9rxYRSw.jpg

fd9RR9C.jpg

LbnTUVx.jpg

4Zc9caz.jpg

fwyaYyv.jpg

FThZDvx.jpg

RMPfqMR.jpg

F1C4Y29.jpg

n3UybuH.jpg
This is why I don't go by critics' reviews. If a movie looks good, I see it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Batman Star Michael Keaton Admits He's Never Finished a DC or Marvel Movie: 'Have Other **** to Do'
By Stephanie Wenger | People
August 1, 2022

Michael Keaton may have played a superhero but that doesn't mean he is watching Marvel and DC movies in his free time.

The actor — who will reprise the role of Bruce Wayne in the upcoming film The Flash alongside Ben Affleck — revealed he has not finished watching a single superhero to date in an interview with Variety.

"I know people don't believe this, that I've never seen an entire version of any of those movies — any Marvel movie, any other," he said. "And I don't say that I don't watch that because I'm highbrow — trust me! It's not that."

Keaton, 70, added, "It's just that there's very little things I watch. I start watching something, and think it is great and I watch three episodes, but I have other **** to do!"

Read more