Comics and Movies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Punisher is back? They put him on Disney+ too like Daredevil? I must have missed that news. Always liked Bernthal's roles. Been a fan of his since I heard his Howard Stern interview.

I’ll wait for an official announcement from Disney/Marvel before I believe this rumor.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Punisher is back? They put him on Disney+ too like Daredevil? I must have missed that news. Always liked Bernthal's roles. Been a fan of his since I heard his Howard Stern interview.
I was kinda surprised Disney was going to bring it back and curious how they are going to handle the violence. DD and Punisher were both big hits and well received, if Disney strays to far from those original series, they'll get roasted.

Bernthal was perfectly cast as Punisher and plays him as you would expect Frank Castle to be. Bernthal is also starring in a reboot of "American Gigolo", the series premieres next month(Not on Disney, for obvious reasons...... :muttley:), which does seem like an odd casting though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
James Gunn Says 'Peacemaker' Is Safe, Amid HBO Max Cancellations
By Jennifer Bisset | CNET
August 3, 2022

john-cena-2.jpg

James Gunn has provided a reassuring tweet for fans of his DC superhero series Peacemaker, after HBO Max canceled production of the upcoming Batgirl movie, based on another DC Comics character.

"Yes, guys, calm down," Gunn tweeted in response to a question about whether Peacemaker, season 2, is still happening.

Greenlit in 2021, Batgirl was set to star Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl, with Ms. Marvel filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah directing. Warner Bros. greenlit the flick as "part of a company-wide effort at Warner Bros. to create feature films specifically for HBO Max," according to Variety.

However, Variety confirmed on Tuesday Batgirl will not premiere theatrically or on HBO Max. Scoob!: Holiday Haunt, a follow-up to 2020 animated movie Scoob!, was also axed.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eternals 2 Gets A Green Signal With Chloé Zhao Wearing The Director’s Hat Once Again Despite Mixed Reception?
By Koimoi.com Team | Koimoi
August 4, 2022

eternal-2-seemingly-confirmed-with-chloe-zhaos-return-as-the-director-001.jpg

Eternals 2 might have received a green light with Chloé Zhao returning as the director. While DC battles with having a proper lineup with fixed release dates, the MCU on the other hand, keeps confirming new projects. The San Diego Comic-Con saw Marvel boss Kevin Feige confirming new films like Avengers 5 and 6.

Phase 5 and 6 have been confirmed too and a lineup of films under the Multiverse Saga has been discussed. Amongst all of this, one of the most anticipated sequels might be confirmed. Keep reading to know more!

When Chloé Zhao’s first MCU film was released last year, it saw a change in the vibe of a general Marvel film. A lot of moviegoers were not fans of the different styles in which the Angelina Jolie starrer was made, but many were. Since then, they have been waiting for an update on Eternals 2.

https://www.koimoi.com/hollywood-ne...ctors-hat-once-again-despite-mixed-reception/
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actor describes what the High Evolutionary, the villain of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
By Banner Leon | Spark Chronicles
August 4, 2022

Ator-descreve-como-sera-o-Alto-Evolucionario-o-vilao-de-Guardioes-da-Galaxia-Vol.-3-legadodamarvel.webp

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be the next film from Marvel’s intergalactic team, which is currently scheduled to hit Brazilian theaters on May 4 next year.

The film will premiere exactly six years after the release of the second film, an unusual wait for Marvel Studios films. Much of this delay comes from the fact that director James Gunn was fired from the film and then was only rehired after having already signed a commitment with Warner/DC.

But despite all the waiting, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 continued with some plans intact, such as presenting the Adam Warlockwho will be played by Will Poulter (Bagulho’s family).

But the main villain of the plot will be another: the powerful High Evolutionarywhich will be played here by actor Chukwudi Iwuji, who has previously worked with director James Gunn on the series Peacemaker.

https://sparkchronicles.com/actor-d...the-villain-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3/
Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Warner Bros. Discovery's HBO Max Strategy Shift Could be Good for DC Films
By Nicole Drum | comicbook.com
August 3, 2022

To say that it has been a wild week of entertainment news would be a little bit of an understatement, particularly when it comes to HBO Max and its parent company Warner Bros. Discovery. On Tuesday it was announced that the previously announced and nearly finished Batgirl movie that had been planned for release on HBO Max was being shelved and would. not be released on any platform or in any format, reportedly with the film being used as a tax "write down". Other announcements followed, with the Scoob! sequel also being shelved by the streamer. On Wednesday, additional news followed with several original movies quietly removed from the platform and an animated series being cancelled despite a new season being completely finished. The announcements — all part of a larger overall change in strategy for the streamer — come ahead of the Warner Bros. Discover earnings call on Thursday and the DC decision in particular set off a lot of speculation about the fate of other in-development projects, both in terms of feature and series offerings, as well as projects that are already slated for theatrical runs. Much of that speculation has centered around a sort of "doom and gloom" reaction to the seemingly abrupt shifts when it comes to DC's offerings, but there's another way to look at this situation. Warner Bros. Discovery's shift in strategy for HBO Max might actually be a major opportunity for DC Film to finally find its footing.

When it comes to superhero entertainment the unvarnished truth is that DC Film certainly is not Marvel Studios. That's not necessarily a comment on which one is "better" as both DC and Marvel have fantastic characters and stories and, indeed, both have put out projects of high and low quality. But of the two, Marvel is a much more well-oiled machine that found its footing some time ago and has been steadily working along a path and a plan that consistently delivers. DC on the other hand is, to put it bluntly, a mess. The DCEU hasn't exactly panned out quite the way that was originally hoped for or planned for, particularly with the issues surrounding Justice League. With Zack Snyder's plan for an interconnected universe no longer the plan, while the setting remains, the direction has seemingly lost focus. On top of that, there are a whole batch of other films — such as Joker and The Batman — that are under the DC Films banner, but are entirely separate from the DCEU, some of them featuring characters that do appear in the DCEU which can get a little confusing. All of this without considering the various scandals and before you even start getting into the various announced and in development projects that may or may not be part of larger storytelling plans – if there is a plan – and the relatively recent reveals about a sort of DC "multiverse" that sees the return of Michael Keaton's Batman.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/why-w...ax-strategy-shift-could-be-good-for-dc-films/Read more

quickccc

Reaction score
I was kinda surprised Disney was going to bring it back and curious how they are going to handle the violence. DD and Punisher were both big hits and well received, if Disney strays to far from those original series, they'll get roasted.

Bernthal was perfectly cast as Punisher and plays him as you would expect Frank Castle to be. Bernthal is also starring in a reboot of "American Gigolo", the series premieres next month(Not on Disney, for obvious reasons...... :muttley:), which does seem like an odd casting though.

And Punisher was well set up in the Daredevil series,.. that helped immensely with the eventual spinoff for Bernthal's Punisher series, imo

quickccc

Reaction score
Why Warner Bros. Discovery's HBO Max Strategy Shift Could be Good for DC Films
By Nicole Drum | comicbook.com
August 3, 2022

To say that it has been a wild week of entertainment news would be a little bit of an understatement, particularly when it comes to HBO Max and its parent company Warner Bros. Discovery. On Tuesday it was announced that the previously announced and nearly finished Batgirl movie that had been planned for release on HBO Max was being shelved and would. not be released on any platform or in any format, reportedly with the film being used as a tax "write down". Other announcements followed, with the Scoob! sequel also being shelved by the streamer. On Wednesday, additional news followed with several original movies quietly removed from the platform and an animated series being cancelled despite a new season being completely finished. The announcements — all part of a larger overall change in strategy for the streamer — come ahead of the Warner Bros. Discover earnings call on Thursday and the DC decision in particular set off a lot of speculation about the fate of other in-development projects, both in terms of feature and series offerings, as well as projects that are already slated for theatrical runs. Much of that speculation has centered around a sort of "doom and gloom" reaction to the seemingly abrupt shifts when it comes to DC's offerings, but there's another way to look at this situation. Warner Bros. Discovery's shift in strategy for HBO Max might actually be a major opportunity for DC Film to finally find its footing.

When it comes to superhero entertainment the unvarnished truth is that DC Film certainly is not Marvel Studios. That's not necessarily a comment on which one is "better" as both DC and Marvel have fantastic characters and stories and, indeed, both have put out projects of high and low quality. But of the two, Marvel is a much more well-oiled machine that found its footing some time ago and has been steadily working along a path and a plan that consistently delivers. DC on the other hand is, to put it bluntly, a mess. The DCEU hasn't exactly panned out quite the way that was originally hoped for or planned for, particularly with the issues surrounding Justice League. With Zack Snyder's plan for an interconnected universe no longer the plan, while the setting remains, the direction has seemingly lost focus. On top of that, there are a whole batch of other films — such as Joker and The Batman — that are under the DC Films banner, but are entirely separate from the DCEU, some of them featuring characters that do appear in the DCEU which can get a little confusing. All of this without considering the various scandals and before you even start getting into the various announced and in development projects that may or may not be part of larger storytelling plans – if there is a plan – and the relatively recent reveals about a sort of DC "multiverse" that sees the return of Michael Keaton's Batman.

Read more

Warner Bros is wanting the future of DC Comics to be very similar in the path that Marvel is successfully having under Kevin Feige's and Disney's direction.
Thus cancellations, remakes - reboots, and no green lights on once possible projects.

Hope it works.. Hope it's vastly new and improved ideas and projects. Instead of same ole ..same ole ..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Bros is wanting the future of DC Comics to be very similar in the path that Marvel is successfully having under Kevin Feige's and Disney's direction.
Thus cancellations, remakes - reboots, and no green lights on once possible projects.

Hope it works.. Hope it's vastly new and improved ideas and projects. Instead of same ole ..same ole ..
There is definitely a new sheriff in town. The new management of Warner Bros Discovery is very proactive in its decision making thus far. My only wish is for them to layout what their short-term plans are for the DCEU for everyone to see after they cut bait with everything they do not like about the old management's vision of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It looks to me like priority one all around is cutting costs.

Priority two is discontinuing funding for questionable/bad products.

I didn’t understand the prior regime’s decisions to bankroll projects like Batgirl and Wonder Twins based on what can at best be described as middling box office success of the DCEU overall.

And apparently the new owners felt the same.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is definitely a new sheriff in town. The new management of Warner Bros Discovery is very proactive in its decision making thus far. My only wish is for them to layout what their short-term plans are for the DCEU for everyone to see after they cut bait with everything they do not like about the old management's vision of it.

I think that when they know, you’ll know. Today is about stopping the bleeding.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And Punisher was well set up in the Daredevil series,.. that helped immensely with the eventual spinoff for Bernthal's Punisher series, imo
That's something Netflix did very well, it felt very organic the way they introduced new characters and set them up for their own stories. I think that's the plan D+ has, DD gets some time in She-Hulk and Echo before he gets his own series and guessing that Castle gets integrated in DD before his show. D+ better keep the history of the Netflix shows. I would love to see Bullseye and Elektra come back at some point too. :D

I hope they decide to bring back Luke Cage too, Mike Colter was perfectly cast for that role.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I was hoping they would expand and do more series, that was one area I think I liked more than D+ Marvel. Titans, Doom Patrol, Pennyworth, Peacemaker, and the RIP Watchmen and Swamp Thing rivals what series D+ put out. D+ basically puts out a one shot series to set up movies, but I like having multiple seasons that they can explore the characters. I hope those 4 series were spared the cost cutting knife, at least, and still hold on to a glimmer of hope that Watchmen (that was such a great show) and Swamp Thing find their way back.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's something Netflix did very well, it felt very organic the way they introduced new characters and set them up for their own stories. I think that's the plan D+ has, DD gets some time in She-Hulk and Echo before he gets his own series and guessing that Castle gets integrated in DD before his show. D+ better keep the history of the Netflix shows. I would love to see Bullseye and Elektra come back at some point too. :D

I hope they decide to bring back Luke Cage too, Mike Colter was perfectly cast for that role.

No wish list for Iron Fist, eh ?.... :muttley:

I do which Disney would re-do the Iron Fist saga differently (better) than Netflix, while still involving the Hand.

And i would like to have a different looking, more wow looking Elektra while maintaining the Greek ethnicity look, instead of the Jennifer Gardner look.- closer to the Marvel Comics look.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was hoping they would expand and do more series, that was one area I think I liked more than D+ Marvel. Titans, Doom Patrol, Pennyworth, Peacemaker, and the RIP Watchmen and Swamp Thing rivals what series D+ put out.

D+ basically puts out a one shot series to set up movies,
but I like having multiple seasons that they can explore the characters. I hope those 4 series were spared the cost cutting knife, at least, and still hold on to a glimmer of hope that Watchmen (that was such a great show) and Swamp Thing find their way back.

So long as someone please tell me that they won't roll into Avengers: Kang Dynasty with that snoring, ultra boring Kang (ala Jonathan Majors) that Disney for whatever reason
tried to sell in the finale end of Loki season 1. ... Gaaaaawd !! ........:eek:
:thumbdown:

quickccc

Reaction score

Frankly i would not mind that Elektra eventually has her own series ...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No wish list for Iron Fist, eh ?.... :muttley:

I do which Disney would re-do the Iron Fist saga differently (better) than Netflix, while still involving the Hand.

And i would like to have a different looking, more wow looking Elektra while maintaining the Greek ethnicity look, instead of the Jennifer Gardner look.- closer to the Marvel Comics look.
Iron Fist was OK, the stories were good, for me, the actor and character were not quite right. I liked the casting of Elektra, thought she did a good job and infinitely better than that horrible Garner casting and I generally like Jennifer Garner. I might be open to a re-casting of Elektra, but it would have to be just right.

Outside of Iron Fist, I hope all the actors of the Netflix shows, even minor ones get re-cast into the same roles. That's another thing Netflix did exceptionally well outside of Danny Rand.