Comics and Movies

quickccc

Reaction score
boooooooooo! BOOOOOOOOO! Elodie Yung was perfect as Jinx in GI Joe: Retribution and Elektra in Daredevil. We are on opposite sides of a Two-Face coin on that opinion. :)

How was Elodie Yung in the Cleaning Woman series ? i saw trailers but never got around to see it.
i thought it;d be like that Nitka - Point of No Return like role and atmosphere ?

No doubt I immediately got so very spoiled by Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman,.. and Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones ...
Ditto for Scarlet Johannson's Black Widow ... they have such a hypnotizing wow gorgeous look that's mesmerizing.
and then add wow looks to their respective character roles, that makes them stand out that much more. ! :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How was Elodie Yung in the Cleaning Woman series ? i saw trailers but never got around to see it.
i thought it;d be like that Nitka - Point of No Return like role and atmosphere ?

No doubt I immediately got so very spoiled by Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman,.. and Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones ...
Ditto for Scarlet Johannson's Black Widow ... they have such a hypnotizing wow gorgeous look that's mesmerizing.
and then add wow looks to their respective character roles, that makes them stand out that much more. ! :D
I watched about 3 episodes of The Cleaning Lady and got bored. She was good, but the show sucked, IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be perfectly honest, I have not seen The Cleaning Lady yet. I see the commercials but have never sat down to watch it.
Well, I am not going to argue any of this but I am not changing my mind about Elodie Yung either. :D

quickccc

Reaction score

ELODIE YUNG
b9f2dbde1403a8f4f1d9d252a6e9563f.jpg

98d5e06ff4d58cf1180b04d878c8a714.jpg

JENNIFER GARDNER
db466a836e02a9ea104c89875661e695.jpg

6a1cbaf2a67a84dbbd0d4a1853888430.jpg

c99f7c1a31bd9607b63d7dc4e9e28a7e.jpg

GAL GADOT
336966a8908e2df03a1abb2154f612bd.jpg

530d09f9ebd4066a2395390d916379b1.jpg

SCARLET JOHANSSON
1aab335d8dc9b5d11616720eb5d39090.jpg

a1bc44346d98281661a6fa51984695cb.jpg

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just remember to consider the ‘Walletverse’ and what it would cost to bring $25 million - plus actors back.
Re-Cast. You don't need the actor back just a suitable one to play the character. How many Batmans, Supermans, Spidermans have there been? Dr. Banner got re-cast, even Hulk got re-cast as "Professor Hulk" :facepalm: Rhodes got re-cast, numerous X-men....Darrin from "Bewitched" :rolleyes: Re-casts happen.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Re-Cast. You don't need the actor back just a suitable one to play the character. How many Batmans, Supermans, Spidermans have there been? Dr. Banner got re-cast, even Hulk got re-cast as "Professor Hulk" :facepalm: Rhodes got re-cast, numerous X-men....Darrin from "Bewitched" :rolleyes: Re-casts happen.
They didn't all get recast at the same time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Then what’s the point of bringing her back? Just use the ‘replacement’ in her sister. Anything else just confuses things.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To Match Up To Marvel, Warner Bros Announces A 10-Year Plan For DC Cinematic Universe
By Tanishk Juneja | India Times
August 7, 2022

WhatsApp-Image-2022-08-07-at-115635-AM_62ef5e2787519.jpeg

Since Disney had great success with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Warner Bros. has been attempting to launch a DC Cinematic Universe for more than a decade. In response to audience questions on DC Films, David Zaslav said that Warner Bros. Discovery has a 10-year plan for the DC Universe's heroes and villains.

As reported by Collider, Zaslav said, "Our ambition is to bring Warners back and to produce great high-quality films, and as we look at the opportunities that we have broadly, DC is one of the tops of the list for us."

He further stated, "You look at Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman — these are brands that are known everywhere in the world. The ability to drive those worldwide with great stories is a big opportunity for us. We have done a reset. We've restructured the business. We're going to focus."

A team with a 10-year strategy specifically focusing on DC, he said, will be formed. It closely resembles the organisation that Alan Horn, Bob Iger, and Kevin Feige very successfully put together with Disney.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great DC TV Shows That Stand On Their Own
By Richard Fink | MovieWeb
August 6, 2022

Doom-Patrol.jpg

There's been much discussion about the future of the DCEU, particularly in regard to the company's plan to copy Marvel and likely make a far more interconnected universe. This appears to be Warner Bros. Discovery listening to what fans and audiences want, particularly in the wake of San Diego Comic-Con where many were left disappointed by DC's Hall H panel which only featured Black Adam and Shazam! Fury of the Gods, as opposed to the Marvel Studios Panel where multiple projects for Phase 5 and 6 were announced. The common sentiment is that DC is lacking.

However, contrary to popular belief, the DC brand is arguably stronger now than it has ever been before with the various characters from the DC Universe being more well known to the general public than at any point in time. While DC's film slate has certainly come up short next to Marvel's, DC has been dominating television screens since the dawn of the 21st century. Starting with Smallville in 2001 to 2011, that gave way to Arrow which kickstarted the Arrowverse, an extremely popular interconnected universe of DC properties making characters like The Flash, Supergirl, and Black Lightning more well known.

Fox gave audiences a drastically different take on the Batman mythos with Gotham and also a wild reimagining of the Vertigo comic Lucifer. Between HBO Max, the CW, Netflix, and more, there are multiple different versions of classic DC heroes for audiences to enjoy from live-action to animation, with some skewing older and others aimed at a younger audience. DC might not be as interconnected as Marvel, but they've found a way to make something for everyone.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Bros.’ DC Comics Problem is Warner Bros. Itself
By Justin Carter | Gizmodo
August 7, 2022

f3a01af64bc0fdc826b8544c3ed9f41a.jpg

The word “plan” in relation to the film industry, particularly as it pertains to IP blockbusters, is a dirty word at this point. Executives have used it so often that it’s not only lost all meaning, it can actively kill any excitement you may have for an upcoming film, because it’s basically advertising that something in that movie will take up way too much time in order to set up a franchise that only exists in the mind’s eye of someone who’d like to keep their job for the next few years.

Yet here’s Warner Bros using the word “plan” again, once again related to adapting DC Comics to film. During its investor call earlier in the week, WB Discovery CEO David Zaslav said that the company’s built a team that’ll set up a 10-year plan for DC. The aim is to finally give DC its own Kevin Feige, or rather, its own Kevin Feige who the company will actually put faith in for longer than two-and-a-half movies. This is partially why Batgirl got canned, according to Zaslav: it didn’t fit with the plan, and since WB is now concerned with protecting the DC brand, that involves a reset that hinges entirely on an upcoming movie whose lead actor has become such a PR nightmare, the sensible thing would be for WB to just drop the thing on HBO Max and call it a mulligan.

There’ve been enough would-be cinematic universes that have publicly failed that you’d think studios would quit trying to chase Marvel’s success of currently diminishing returns. It’s especially damning for Warner Bros., of all companies, to try this shtick again: even if you don’t want to talk about Zack Snyder’s divisive tenure with DC, the company is clearly not suited to the long-term game. They weren’t back in 2011 when Ryan Reynolds wore that Green Lantern suit, and they weren’t in 2017 when they decided to bring in Joss Whedon and try to right the ship and only served to highlight how out of their depth they were with their superheroes. At this point, Warner Bros. has pissed away so much goodwill that they couldn’t pass an insultingly easy drug test.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zazie Beetz Explains Why It Makes Perfect Sense for Joker 2 to Be a Musical
By Jeremy Dick | MovieWeb
August 6, 2022

byESMx9C7EeW2U8M2T0v2K7PuS5Jgd.jpg

Some fans were rather surprised when it was announced that Joker 2 would be a musical. As someone who knows director Todd Phillips personally as a star of the first film, Beetz has a different perspective, as she wasn't shocked by any of it. Beetz goes on to explain why it is that going the musical route is perfect for the Joker sequel which really makes perfect sense as far as she's concerned.

I actually think it makes wonderful sense. I wasn’t really surprised by that. Todd [Phillips] has always had a creative approach to the character. I love musicals, and I think of them as the characters are feeling and experiencing so much that they can only sing and dance about it, whether in sorrow or in joy. And I can actually see that within myself as well, because singing and dancing is quite a cathartic experience for me. I was going through a really, really difficult time at one point in my life, and I just started dancing and crying by myself. And that was an expression that matched where I was at that moment. And so I can see Arthur, who is feeling and experiencing so much, dancing and singing about it. He’s the Joker, so I think it makes sense to me.

Fans will see how it turns out when the film is released exactly five years after the first Joker premiered. It is set to hit theaters on Oct. 4, 2024.

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why She-Hulk’s origin story changed for the Disney Plus show, explained
By Matt Tuck | We Got This Covered
August 7, 2022

Marvel-Comics-She-Hulk.jpg

<snip>

The original story

She-Hulk debuted in the appropriately titled Savage She-Hulk #1 in 1980. Created by Stan Lee and John Buscema, Marvel wanted a female Hulk to capitalize on the superhero fandom being built on television thanks to the popularity of The Incredible Hulk, The Six Million Dollar Man, and The Bionic Woman. In essence, She-Hulk was a combination of the Hulk and the Bionic Woman, but with her own unique style.

The other reason for her existence was out of fear that someone else might capitalize on a female Hulk, so Lee decided to put She-Hulk on the page before anyone else beat him to the idea. It wasn’t the first time he had done this, either. Just in case another publisher wanted to copyright the name “Spider-Woman,” Lee and the Marvel Bullpen rushed their version of the character to print so they alone could claim the rights.

In the comic itself, Jennifer Walters’ mother was murdered by the mobster, Nicholas Trask. Jennifer grew up to become a lawyer, but the past found her. While she was working as an attorney in Los Angeles, Trask caught wind that Jennifer had evidence that would incriminate him. He sent hitmen to kill her, and they nearly succeeded. As she lay dying in a hospital bed, her cousin, Bruce Banner, gave his blood for a life-saving transfusion. Bruce unexpectedly passed along his gamma-powered DNA to Jennifer, who found herself infused with the same powers as the Hulk.

<snip>

Read more

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
They didn't all get recast at the same time.
It's only re-casting one person.

Then what’s the point of bringing her back? Just use the ‘replacement’ in her sister. Anything else just confuses things.
The point is Black Widow is a significant part of Daredevil's history and it would be nice to see that dynamic brought to the screen.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Warner Bros.’ DC Comics Problem is Warner Bros. Itself
By Justin Carter | Gizmodo
August 7, 2022

f3a01af64bc0fdc826b8544c3ed9f41a.jpg

The word “plan” in relation to the film industry, particularly as it pertains to IP blockbusters, is a dirty word at this point. Executives have used it so often that it’s not only lost all meaning, it can actively kill any excitement you may have for an upcoming film, because it’s basically advertising that something in that movie will take up way too much time in order to set up a franchise that only exists in the mind’s eye of someone who’d like to keep their job for the next few years.

Yet here’s Warner Bros using the word “plan” again, once again related to adapting DC Comics to film. During its investor call earlier in the week, WB Discovery CEO David Zaslav said that the company’s built a team that’ll set up a 10-year plan for DC. The aim is to finally give DC its own Kevin Feige, or rather, its own Kevin Feige who the company will actually put faith in for longer than two-and-a-half movies. This is partially why Batgirl got canned, according to Zaslav: it didn’t fit with the plan, and since WB is now concerned with protecting the DC brand, that involves a reset that hinges entirely on an upcoming movie whose lead actor has become such a PR nightmare, the sensible thing would be for WB to just drop the thing on HBO Max and call it a mulligan.

There’ve been enough would-be cinematic universes that have publicly failed that you’d think studios would quit trying to chase Marvel’s success of currently diminishing returns. It’s especially damning for Warner Bros., of all companies, to try this shtick again: even if you don’t want to talk about Zack Snyder’s divisive tenure with DC, the company is clearly not suited to the long-term game. They weren’t back in 2011 when Ryan Reynolds wore that Green Lantern suit, and they weren’t in 2017 when they decided to bring in Joss Whedon and try to right the ship and only served to highlight how out of their depth they were with their superheroes. At this point, Warner Bros. has pissed away so much goodwill that they couldn’t pass an insultingly easy drug test.

Read more

d07955de-181c-4a27-b448-3f641bd016cc_text.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Like I've said before the whole reason I'm looking forward to this is Tatiana Maslany. The one thing I'm not crazy about is how they continue the cheapening of The Hulk, he's just become comic relief. It just seems he gets weaker, he's got bad eyesight needs glasses now, all the things it took years to learn, his cousin picks up instantly and is better than him at it. His personality is becoming more like Ben Grimm or Hank McCoy. Need more smashy Hulk and less jokester Hulk.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like I've said before the whole reason I'm looking forward to this is Tatiana Maslany. The one thing I'm not crazy about is how they continue the cheapening of The Hulk, he's just become comic relief. It just seems he gets weaker, he's got bad eyesight needs glasses now, all the things it took years to learn, his cousin picks up instantly and is better than him at it. His personality is becoming more like Ben Grimm or Hank McCoy. Need more smashy Hulk and less jokester Hulk.
I disagree. While I've always like Hulk, I like Professor Hulk as much, if not more. I'm not sure if he actually needs the glasses, or if he just wears them to look the part, but if he does have poor eyesight, that seems like a mistake on their part, since his body heals almost instantly. I haven't seen any evidence that he gets weaker, or that she's better at him at anything other than controlling her morphing, which is probably due to having far less exposure to Gamma Rays.