Commanders acquire #2 pick *Merge*

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4445633 said:
As good as I think RGIII could be the Commanders got absolutely fleeced here, three first round picks and two second round picks? No player is worth that.

Washington won't have a first round pick against until 2015 :laugh2:

It's a huge roll of the dice.

If he reaches his potential and team finds success to match that potential then it'll be well worth if. Anything less than that and it could go down as one of the worst trades ever. It's a wait and see game.

Jenky

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4445629 said:
Supposedly Shanahan is a huge VJax fan. He's been his ideal pickup at WR for years, since he was in Denver.

Getting some resolution at QB should help the sell for VJax.

I think they'll be obligated to. I'm seeing that they did give up their 2nd round pick this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan82;4445643 said:

If he reaches his potential and team finds success to match that potential then it'll be well worth if. Anything less than that and it could go down as one of the worst trades ever. It's a wait and see game.

If it's a wait and see game, why are you putting your hair in dreads as we type?

reddyuta

Reaction score
RG3 is worth it imo.Commanders have pretty good defense and this will now make them contenders for the division.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Risen Star;4445603 said:
Cap room?

I haven't looked but I'm betting if they ranked the teams and their available cap space, the Cowboys would be in the bottom half of that list.

Jerry didn't have a chance to match anything. While he was busy high fiving Stephen, Nnamdi was agreeing to terms with the Eagles.

Sure we're middle of the pack but we have enough space to work with and possibly sign a high priced FA. Official cap has not been set yet for 2012 but reports are we will have around $13 mil.

Jenky

Reaction score
reddyuta;4445647 said:
RG3 is worth it imo.Commanders have pretty good defense and this will now make them contenders for the division.

Not yet. They need to protect him which is what I think their next move will reflect. Then probably a playmaker on offense.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
reddyuta;4445647 said:

Division should be pretty entertaining, not gonna lie.

stiletto

Reaction score
Typical Snyder move, at least he went for a Franchise QB this time. It will be feast or major famine for them for years to come....

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Risen Star;4445646 said:
If it's a wait and see game, why are you putting your hair in dreads as we type?

haha... I'm just saying as far as history goes.

As a fan I'm going to jump on the hype train and pray it doesn't go off the tracks.

I'm a Commanders fan, hope is all I have....

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Again, the Commanders NET loss is 3 picks, two firsts and a 2nd

Well worth it if he pans out.

If not, whats the worst that happens? 4 straight last place finishes?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RastaRocket;4445649 said:
Sure we're middle of the pack but we have enough space to work with and possibly sign a high priced FA. Official cap has not been set yet for 2012 but reports are we will have around $13 mil.

Yeah, but you asked when was the last time we've been in this position.

There's been a lot of years over the last ten that we have been in the very same position cap wise.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4445615 said:
This is the Jay Cutler trade

Remember, we NET LOSE 2 first round picks, NOT 3. There is the swap this year.

I am on cloud 9. Hope has returned to Washington

You're deluding yourself. RGIII could be John Elway combined with Peyton Manning with the legs of michael Vick and he still wasnt worth this much. The Commanders got dressed down. You can't build a team by going three years with one pick in the first two rounds TOTAL.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Have to say I like this trade for Washington. 2 1st Round picks is a small price to pay if he pans out.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4445657 said:

Going to have to agree with the Skins fan. How much worse can it get?

You guys got your work cut out now but what the hell.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4445643 said:

How can he match the potential without any help? Washington is completely void of offensive talent. RGIII can't complete passes to himself. You guys needed those picks.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
So Washington is STILL going to try and sign Peyton?! :laugh2:

RastaRocket

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4445662 said:
You're deluding yourself. RGIII could be John Elway combined with Peyton Manning with the legs of michael Vick and he still wasnt worth this much. The Commanders got dressed down. You can't build a team by going three years with one pick in the first two rounds TOTAL.

3 years... 3 picks within first two rounds.

1 first and 2 seconds.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4445668 said:
3 years... 3 picks within first two rounds.

1 first and 2 seconds.

They will trade them.........

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;4445657 said:

If RGIII isnt a first-ballot hall of famer it is the worst trade since the Herschal Walker deal. If he's the greatest ever, it's still a questionable deal. Washington essentially traded four future starters for one and are already void of offensive talent.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4445662 said:

Uh, we aren't

2012: First

2013: Second

2014: Second

Again, its the Jay Cutler trade (two first round picks+Orton, replace Orton with the 2nd this year)