Commanders acquire #2 pick *Merge*

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
This is the Jay Cutler trade

Remember, we NET LOSE 2 first round picks, NOT 3. There is the swap this year.

I am on cloud 9. Hope has returned to Washington

newlander

Reaction score
Jenky;4445608 said:
I can also see the Skins going all in for Carl Nicks now.

.....especially because RG3 did get banged around and nicked in college: I'd expect to see Nicks in DC the first HOUR of free agency.

btw: HOW THE HELL ARE THE FORESKINS 42 MIL UNDER THE CAP? HOW?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:bang2:

Nation

Reaction score
greg08;4445612 said:
its not that bad for the skins really. the skins and rams traded first round picks. so basically the skins traded two #! draft pics and a #2 draft pick. we were dumb enough to trade two #1's for joey galloway. FTL

It's 3 one's. They sacrificed two 1's and a 2 to move up 4 spots.

Jenky

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4445607 said:
I think he Browns might take him. That or the Texas A&M qb.

Very true. I forgot about that. Since they just lost out on RGIII:laugh2:

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Dear God...

Schefter : "Trade will not change Commanders plans in pursuing Peyton Manning. Intend to talk with and try to sign him, even if considered a longshot."

Yeah...ok...

Jenky

Reaction score
newlander;4445616 said:
.....especially because RG3 did get banged around and nicked in college: I'd expect to see Nicks in DC the first HOUR of free agency.

btw: HOW THE HELL ARE THE FORESKINS 42 MIL UNDER THE CAP? HOW?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:bang2:

I can see a real push by them in FA. Wouldn't surprise me if they went after Nicks and a profile WR... maybe Vincent Jackson?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
greg08;4445612 said:
its not that bad for the skins really. the skins and rams traded first round picks. so basically the skins traded two #! draft pics and a #2 draft pick. we were dumb enough to trade two #1's for joey galloway. FTL

If he doesn't pan out, it's a devastating move. Not only the loss of four prime picks but the time you will have put in developing him.

It's got a ceiling a mile high and a basement to the Earth's core. It's why I thought the Commanders would be the most likely team to take this gamble.

Bluestang

Reaction score
SDogo;4445583 said:
Only if you buy RG3 is the next big thing, I dont.

what is your scouting report on him? I see the intangibles but I think he has the smarts to get the mental part of it down in a few years.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Ok, seen enough Rerdtird talk on a Cowboys board for one day.

Time to move this to the NFL Zone.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Trade will not change Commanders plans in pursuing Peyton Manning. Intend to talk with and try to sign him, even if considered a longshot.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If you're St. Louis how could you not take the deal?

You move a few slots down this year, and then in each of the next two years you've potentially got an extra first rounder in the Top 15 picks of the draft.

It's pretty crazy. Just the ammo they/Fisher need to rebuild that team.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Jenky;4445622 said:
I can see a real push by them in FA. Wouldn't surprise me if they went after Nicks and a profile WR... maybe Vincent Jackson?

Supposedly Shanahan is a huge VJax fan. He's been his ideal pickup at WR for years, since he was in Denver.

Getting some resolution at QB should help the sell for VJax.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDogo;4445625 said:
Ok, seen enough Rerdtird talk on a Cowboys board for one day.

Time to move this to the NFL Zone.
I tried it...but a new thread kept popping up here. We'll let it marinate here for a couple hours when it's not as hot and ship it off.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
As good as I think RGIII could be the Commanders got absolutely fleeced here, three first round picks and two second round picks? No player is worth that.

Washington won't have a first round pick against until 2015 :laugh2:

SDogo

Reaction score
Bluestang;4445624 said:
what is your scouting report on him? I see the intangibles but I think he has the smarts to get the mental part of it down in a few years.

I think he has all the tools but he rep is coming from his mobility. The NFL has scene it and Michael Vick did not invent it. Last I checked Pocket Passers were still winning SB's and scat backs with arms were watching the playoff's.

This will always be a prototypical pocket passer league.

While players like RG3 and Vick are like shiny sports cars and they are all fun to look at and watch them go fast it's the Mannings and Brady's who still own the road.

Luck will have his first SB before RG3 has his first playoff win.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The30YardSlant;4445633 said:
As good as I think RGIII could be the Commanders got absolutely fleeced here, three first round picks and two second round picks? No player is worth that.

Washington won't have a first round pick against until 2015 :laugh2:
Wait, now it's two 2nd round picks?

Califan007

Reaction score
newlander;4445616 said:

We got rid of Vinny lol :)...

SDogo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4445630 said:
I tried it...but a new thread kept popping up here. We'll let it marinate here for a couple hours when it's not as hot and ship it off.

Proof again the skids are like a wart........