Commanders acquire #2 pick *Merge*

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan82;4445580 said:
Very true, could be coincidence it was worded almost the exact same way.

Either way, I'm not going to argue with the guy, if he has his sources, more power to him. I'm glad he was kinda right. :)

I'm an ESPN Insider, so you might want to perk up when you see I've posted.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we definitely need to upgrade the passrush. The only team we beat last year in the NFC east last year was the Commanders (with really bad QB). With the Commanders/shanny run game(cut blocking) and RG3 running like vick. We need to get faster on D. Or we will be lucky to win any games in the NFC east. But the skins gave up way too much for griffin. they better hope he doesn't bust or man. Look out.

Pabst

Reaction score
I like RG3. But no player is worth 3 1s and a 2.

newlander

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4445586 said:
Crazy how much they gave up. I hope for the Commanders sake he's the next mcnabb because other wise they are going to be very very bad

.......why on earth would you hope he's "the next McNabb'? Wrong board bro: extremeskins awaits

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jblaze2004;4445590 said:
we definitely need to upgrade the passrush. The only team we beat last year in the NFC east last year was the Commanders (with really bad QB). With the Commanders/shanny run game(cut blocking) and RG3 running like vick. We need to get faster on D. Or we will be lucky to win any games in the NFC east. But the skins gave up way too much for griffin. they better hope he doesn't bust or man. Look out.

I think this is the first FA/Draft results freak out post.

Ah, spring is here.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Risen Star;4445561 said:
That's why the deal got done now. St. Louis couldn't say no to three 1s and a 2.

But, I still say that if you get a true franchise QB for the next 10 years out of the deal, it's a good move. You can always get creative to obtain more draft picks. In this league, if you don't have a QB you can not compete on a regular basis.
By giving up that much, he will just have a supporting cast of second tier JAGS

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Risen Star;4445584 said:
Two things.

1) What position are we in now that we haven't been in other years?

2) If "backed off" means Asomugha choosing the Eagles, I agree.

Cap room. Plethora of young top level free agents in their prime that fill holes we have. We have a platter of goodies in front of us.

By backed off I mean not going up another $20 mil to match the Eagles.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
According to Schefter : "Before Commanders-Rams deal, Browns tried to make last-minute push to make trade for second overall pick. By then, too late."

Obviously this isn't a draft day trade, so I'm not sure why waiting a day to hear them out would have hurt.

I guess they saw what Danny boy offered up and tripped over themselves to agree, can't blame them. He probably had Bruce Allen tied up in a closest while he was making this deal.

Califan007

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4445582 said:
That is really nuts what they've given up. This kid better be the real deal or the Commanders are goin to be in the dumps for years
We've already been in the dumps for years lol...that's hardly a reason for not taking a chance at this point. At least we're swinging for the fences the right way this time...if RG3 turns into a home run, we've just plugged a grand canyon sized hole for the next decade or more.

newlander

Reaction score
jblaze2004;4445590 said:

.......but......this kid is gonna blow UP IMO.......hope to hell I'm wrong but there is ONE aspect I'd be worried about if I was a skins fan: injury. He isn't big and has had concussion issues already: just sayin'.

Jenky

Reaction score
Rams made out with the picks, but not only that. They'll get their boy Blackmon at #6 anyhow.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RastaRocket;4445597 said:
Cap room. Plethora of young top level free agents in their prime that fill holes we have. We have a platter of goodies and if we want one can be ours.

By backed off I mean not going up another $20 mil to match the Eagles.

Cap room?

I haven't looked but I'm betting if they ranked the teams and their available cap space, the Cowboys would be in the bottom half of that list.

Jerry didn't have a chance to match anything. While he was busy high fiving Stephen, Nnamdi was agreeing to terms with the Eagles.

newlander

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4445598 said:
According to Schefter : "Before Commanders-Rams deal, Browns tried to make last-minute push to make trade for second overall pick. By then, too late."

Obviously this isn't a draft day trade, so I'm not sure why waiting a day to hear them out would have hurt.

I guess they saw what Danny boy offered up and tripped over themselves to agree, can't blame them. He probably had Bruce Allen tied up in a closest while he was making this deal.

......that's a helluva post if true. I can see it going that way too: allen is good at what he does but as I said NUMEROUS times the past month: snyder wanted him and would give up his whole draft ala ricky williams and the saints did with Ditka years ago to get this kid: Lil' Dan is like the honey badger: he doesn't give a RIP.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Jenky;4445602 said:
Rams made out with the picks, but not only that. They'll get their boy Blackmon at #6 anyhow.

I think he Browns might take him. That or the Texas A&M qb.

Jenky

Reaction score
I can also see the Skins going all in for Carl Nicks now.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
Bring all the talent to the NFC East, that's the way I like it.

If the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL then it doesn't matter what the Commanders or anyone else does. The job of Garrett, Jerry, and Stephen is to build the best team in the NFL. If they do their job then all this is just background noise.

greg08

Reaction score
its not that bad for the skins really. the skins and rams traded first round picks. so basically the skins traded two #! draft pics and a #2 draft pick. we were dumb enough to trade two #1's for joey galloway. FTL

RS12

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
And for those who think the Commanders are crazy ... I'm told there were multiple teams outside of Washington bidding in that range for RG3.

Prossman

Reaction score
The skins with the cap money also have 19 freeagents Appx. to sign. 3 number ones and a 2 wow. it would be funny if the guy is a bust. Probably wont but still it would be awesome.