Commanders are hiring Kliff Kingsbury as their new OC

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
Well you can count on us loosing 2 games a year for a while now.

DQ knowing the team inside and out. Getting Caleb Williams. Cowboys are going to be last in the division mark my words. you will have to have someone like Bill Belichick or Vrabel come in and do something different than previous teams.
Let’s pump the brakes a little bit. Good grief

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now Comm Fav To Win The NFC East...LOL..BUTTTTTT Jerry Where Are You???????????????? :hammer: :facepalm::banghead:
Seriously if you really feel that way you are seriously delusional... The entire NFC East hired retreads most of them came from us it's barely if you think Jerry and the Cowboys have been behind over the years hiring the right people then how are you on the other side of your face sit here and say their favorites. they are NOT. As usual our fan base is overreactive literally somehow Kellen Moore Fangio Dan Quinn Cliff Kingsbury and Joe Witt somehow moved the needle for you even though we had most of those guys on our team at one time.. LMAO

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not so sure he is.
You know the same thing was said about Kellen Moore this dude was supposed to be boy genius the Next up and coming and now he's on his 3rd team.. Most offensive coordinators given the opportunity can draw crazy plays play Sandlot football and just go crazy in certain games, but the best ones are able to draw up game plans against the best defensive coordinators and so far none of those dudes have been able to do that....

I mean who knows maybe they'll surprise us all but I I feel it's very odd that this place is giving kudos to all the retrans hired by the other NFC East teams and yet if we did it Jerry would be called comfortable staying in your comfort zone old NFL guard nonsense... But when they bring in all these weird odd signings by coaches and players they get like patted on the back???:oops::rolleyes:o_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
the Commodes are still a bad organization. The stain won't be removed for years. They might win 6 games. To be fair, we might struggle early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You know the same thing was said about Kellen Moore this dude was supposed to be boy genius the Next up and coming and now he's on his 3rd team.. Most offensive coordinators given the opportunity can draw crazy plays play Sandlot football and just go crazy in certain games, but the best ones are able to draw up game plans against the best defensive coordinators and so far none of those dudes have been able to do that....

I mean who knows maybe they'll surprise us all but I I feel it's very odd that this place is giving kudos to all the retrans hired by the other NFC East teams and yet if we did it Jerry would be called comfortable staying in your comfort zone old NFL guard nonsense... But when they bring in all these weird odd signings by coaches and players they get like patted on the back???:oops::rolleyes:o_O
exactly. Its a strange double standard.

blueblood70

Reaction score
exactly. Its a strange double standard.
It is strange that these other fanbases seem utterly excited about these retreads... I mean think about it 75% of the coaching Staffs that are turned over in the NFL are retreads this coaching carousel has been going on forever... There are very little new faces that come up in the NFL and just immediately become a hit I mean that's 25% of the hires might be someone who was not on anybody's radar really off of a staff that was very good but they were say the quarterbacks coach is now the offensive coordinator for somebody that is not done very often in the NFL and yet Jerry's the one who seemingly gets all the heat from hiring from the retread coaching carousel....

blueblood70

Reaction score
the Commodes are still a bad organization. The stain won't be removed for years. They might win 6 games. To be fair, we might struggle early.
In some ways I don't know if I wanna stand hard on that that would be the easy way to look at it but I see the way somehow Houston got it together in one off season... I mean they would have to get lucky like they did because they end up picking the quarterback that the people above them didn't it turned out to be the better choice and we don't know if it's going to carry over to this year the Texans could take a giant step back but right now it's rare but even the Texans turned it around in one off season.... They went from seemingly a cellar dweller on nobody's radar and then boom they did pretty well this year...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kliff Kingsbury has never done anything in the NFL. I don't understand the media love affair with him.
His offenses in Arizona finished in the top 10 in total offense two straight years in 2020 and 2021- #6 and #9. He’s not a great HC as his teams did make the playoffs one year but lost in first game.

In college, his offenses were dominant. With or without Mahomes at Tech, his offenses were consistently top 5 in the nation. At Houston, Texas A&M, Tech and later with USC. Kingsbury is also a great developer of QBs. Mahomes swears by him. He also was Case Keenum’s coach at Hou and Jonny Manziel‘s OC when he won the Heisman, Trained Mahomes at Tech and Caleb Williams at USC. He’s very respected as a QB developer.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
His offenses in Arizona finished in the top 10 in total offense two straight years in 2020 and 2021- #6 and #9. He’s not a great HC as his teams did make the playoffs one year but lost in first game.

In college, his offenses were dominant. With or without Mahomes at Tech, his offenses were consistently top 5 in the nation. At Houston, Texas A&M, Tech and later with USC. Kingsbury is also a great developer of QBs. Mahomes swears by him. He also was Case Keenum’s coach at Hou and Jonny Manziel‘s OC when he won the Heisman, Trained Mahomes at Tech and Caleb Williams at USC. He’s very respected as a QB developer.
There is a reason Noone wanted him last year. He is so respected yet every team turned him down. Didn't mahomes swear by Beiniemy too? It's almost like any OC that has Mahomes or Brady is good and they swear by them interesting.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Not a great hire IMO.

The Air Raid offense he uses is predicated on just running a very small playback, but running it over and over, so repetition over complexity.

It getsbur offense better quicker, but isn't great for growing a new QB....

If ur taking Drake Maye #2 overall, which they are, then I woulda gone a different direction.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Look it's nice that you can post this information but that doesn't mean squat to me bragging about being in the top 10 or what you did in college is like saying Nick Saban, meyers, Chip Kelly and all the mother dudes that have made a stop in the NFL only to have their butts kicked and then go back and be successful in the coaching ranks....

Kellen Moores offense is here where what top three just about every single year he was here get it get us to a Super Bowl because against the top defenses he was getting shut down... It's like bragging about the top 10 finishes our defense have had lately and being in the top three in some statistical categories it doesn't matter if they can't coach strategically in games in the heat of battle against better teams...

So I think when people comment that's what they mean what exactly has he done no more than Kellen Moore has done and everybody wanted him ran out of here and somehow the entire NFC East is hiring retreads a lot of them that came from Dallas who again never seem to be able to get over the hump and now the double standard comes where people are actually defending these guys....

btgboys41

Reaction score
You mean Drake Maye?
Possibly him. But Kingsbury did coach Williams last year and they are one slot from the top pick. I don’t think it’s a stretch to think they will get a good QB and could compete in this division.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Seriously if you really feel that way you are seriously delusional... The entire NFC East hired retreads most of them came from us it's barely if you think Jerry and the Cowboys have been behind over the years hiring the right people then how are you on the other side of your face sit here and say their favorites. they are NOT. As usual our fan base is overreactive literally somehow Kellen Moore Fangio Dan Quinn Cliff Kingsbury and Joe Witt somehow moved the needle for you even though we had most of those guys on our team at one time.. LMAO
Dude Its a Joke...Seriously,You Fall For That? Seriously? LOL..The Joke Is On Jerry

Now Comm Fav To Win The NFC East...LOL..BUTTTTTT Jerry Where Are You????????????????

Wildcat711

Reaction score

Remember when Garrett was supposed to be the next "boy genius".

Jerry had to sign him quickly.. before anyone else snapped him up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remember when Garrett was supposed to be the next "boy genius".

Jerry had to sign him quickly.. before anyone else snapped him up.
Yes, we remember but my point is that the league does this all the time they don't want any of these veteran retreads and they successful older coaches that come to their team but really this is just the way the coaching carousel works and there's very little new blood introduced that often.. Yes you can get lucky there are some teams that had some young guys that came along but I'm just saying what's been going on here and around the NFC East and around the NFL 75% of the hires are retreads they're just moving around from team to team they're fired from one place hired in another... It's business as usual for me this is what I see around the NFL and yet everyone thinks it's that Jerry issue when he is looking at Rivera or Zimmer or even wink martindale this is pretty much what the NFL is... There are other teams that went outside the box and got guys like Joe judge or reached into the coaching ranks and brought in Saban, Chip Kelly and Meyers and that didn't work out either.

we have our quarterback, our head coach , and whoever we choose that defensive coordinator can get it done this year. all i care about no need to look down he road. Its year to year league

hopefully we catch a little luck and a lightning in a bottle and it works.... sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.