Commanders are hiring Kliff Kingsbury as their new OC

Rayman70

Reaction score
His offenses in Arizona finished in the top 10 in total offense two straight years in 2020 and 2021- #6 and #9. He’s not a great HC as his teams did make the playoffs one year but lost in first game.

In college, his offenses were dominant. With or without Mahomes at Tech, his offenses were consistently top 5 in the nation. At Houston, Texas A&M, Tech and later with USC. Kingsbury is also a great developer of QBs. Mahomes swears by him. He also was Case Keenum’s coach at Hou and Jonny Manziel‘s OC when he won the Heisman, Trained Mahomes at Tech and Caleb Williams at USC. He’s very respected as a QB developer.
is the Goal still to win the chip? Close but no cigar is great in Horeshoe's. What will he do in a dumpster town like DC? lol...

jujoboys

Reaction score
Guessing they'll trade to 1 and grab Caleb.

They've got lots of draft capital. New ownership. New coach. Now is the time to bet it all.
Because having Kingsbury coach Caleb worked out so well for USC. Kingsbury has coached Caleb Williams, Patrick Mahomes, and Kyler Murray and hasn't won anything with any of them. I'm not sure what everyone sees in this guy. Seems like he is all hype to me.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Think so? You don’t think Caleb Williams has a chance to be really good by mid season? Did you see Stroud this year?
Stroud has a strong mental fortitude and incredible work ethic. I don’t know much about CW, but he doesn’t strike me as a guy who will be on the level of a guy like Stroud early on. Maybe later in a couple of years, but I don’t think the mental makeup is there to overcome major adversity. I’m not knocking the kid for mental heath at all, I’m just strictly talking about the mental toughness that Stroud displayed/needed.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This isn’t about Caleb. It’s about his ability to work with young QB’s and most likely helping them pick the right one. If I had my bet they take Jayden Daniels over Maye now.

I’m taking whichever young QB is built right mentally for the position. Which one has it between the ears like Stroud?

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m taking whichever young QB is built right mentally for the position. Which one has it between the ears like Stroud?
Well Stroud wasn’t a bright fellow from what I remember but maybe he’s just not good at test taking?…poor Carolina

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well Stroud wasn’t a bright fellow from what I remember but maybe he’s just not good at test taking?…poor Carolina

I’ve read he wasn’t the best at Test taking, but I’ve read he does display football smarts and play recognition. But he’s tough mentally and I think that is a big big attribute for a young man who experiences adversity in life. Look at all the great QBs they all were tough mentally from what I can remember. I need to be clear I’m not talking about mental health, I’m talking about how a guy handles pressure and adversity. We see what happens when a player can’t seem to handle adversity on the field.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve read he wasn’t the best at Test taking, but I’ve read he does display football smarts and play recognition. But he’s tough mentally and I think that is a big big attribute for a young man who experiences adversity in life. Look at all the great QBs they all were tough mentally from what I can remember. I need to be clear I’m not talking about mental health, I’m talking about how a guy handles pressure and adversity. We see what happens when a player can’t seem to handle adversity on the field.
Well our QB has a master’s in workforce leadership and has had so much trauma from his mom, brother, etc but he’s like deer in headlights in big games. Crazy how some are just wired different

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well our QB has a master’s in workforce leadership and has had so much trauma from his mom, brother, etc but he’s like deer in headlights in big games. Crazy how some are just wired different

Yes not to make it about that particular player, but he’s a poster child for adversity, but outside of football he’s handle all of life’s crap thrown at him, but that will and desire that you see Stroud play with? Thats the I will not fail you will not break me mental fortitude and desire. Unfortunately, don’t see that with the other guy. I haven’t followed much college football the last few years, so I don’t know much about the other QBs coming out, but I do live in Caleb’s Market and have many friends who went to USC and who are fans. How do the other QBs stack up in that department?

Aven8

Reaction score
Yes not to make it about that particular player, but he’s a poster child for adversity, but outside of football he’s handle all of life’s crap thrown at him, but that will and desire that you see Stroud play with? Thats the I will not fail you will not break me mental fortitude and desire. Unfortunately, don’t see that with the other guy. I haven’t followed much college football the last few years, so I don’t know much about the other QBs coming out, but I do live in Caleb’s Market and have many friends who went to USC and who are fans. How do the other QBs stack up in that department?
Some people are saying Caleb is the best prospect they’ve seen in the last 20 years, even over Andrew Luck. It always comes down to mental makeup however.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Some people are saying Caleb is the best prospect they’ve seen in the last 20 years, even over Andrew Luck. It always comes down to mental makeup however.
We’ve seen dozens of players have the physical tools but Andrew had mental fortitude, so we will see how this plays out, but I’m not sure I’m one of the people who thinks he has *it*. I haven’t watched any of the other players to compare. But them being #2 could save them how it saved Houston.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Because having Kingsbury coach Caleb worked out so well for USC. Kingsbury has coached Caleb Williams, Patrick Mahomes, and Kyler Murray and hasn't won anything with any of them. I'm not sure what everyone sees in this guy. Seems like he is all hype to me.
its like he has folks under his spell. Whatever he's doin, I wanna know his secret method.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Stroud has a strong mental fortitude and incredible work ethic. I don’t know much about CW, but he doesn’t strike me as a guy who will be on the level of a guy like Stroud early on. Maybe later in a couple of years, but I don’t think the mental makeup is there to overcome major adversity. I’m not knocking the kid for mental heath at all, I’m just strictly talking about the mental toughness that Stroud displayed/needed.
That’s fair and I don’t know nor have a clue on his mental side as well. I just think any possibility can happen relative to success.