Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Here is something that shows more "value" :lmao: , but is more recent: http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html .

The only thing higher the Cowboys have over the Commanders is operating income (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html), OI does not include such things as investments from other companies (i.e. FedEX). Revenues is what shows who makes more, and that is what the point of the whole discussion on this thread, not who sells more merchandise. :lmao2:

Furthermore, you're not winning a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe as quarterback. Please...:rolleyes: Let me know if you want me to pummel you in debate again, I found it refreshing. :)

on looking at your second link i couldn't help noticing all those top teams (according to franchise value) with "new" state-of-the-art stadiums. and the 'Boys venue is nearing a ripe age of 40. so whadda ya think is gonna happen to their value when they move into their new digs? yep... Commanders in our rear-view mirror. so just keep our top-spot warm for us for just a bit longer. thanks.

and bledsoe is at least as likely to win a Superbowl as mark brunnell. brunnell's legs were alot of his game. with heavy emphasis on "were".

bledsoe's always had a better arm than brunnell.

khurt

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Not only are you horribly misinformed, but you're extremely stupid for not clicking on any of the links provided in this thread. Use your brain, for once.
Let's bottom line this...
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on the net worth of your franchise.
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on who spends the most money in free agency.
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on the number of arrogant posts you can make in a rival team's forum.
Sorry, try again.

Gamebreaker said:
Revenues is what shows who makes more, and that is what the point of the whole discussion on this thread, not who sells more merchandise.
Maybe we can all debate which stadium has better urinals next. That's certainly just as important to winning games. :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tothewhipbill said:
on looking at your second link i couldn't help noticing all those top teams (according to franchise value) with "new" state-of-the-art stadiums. and the 'Boys venue is nearing a ripe age of 40. so whadda ya think is gonna happen to their value when they move into their new digs? yep... Commanders in our rear-view mirror. so just keep our top-spot warm for us for just a bit longer. thanks.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Yes, there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Yet the higher market teams aren't sharing ALL of their revenues. Furthermore, your team is sharing your revenues as well, so if we have higher revenues before the sharing we're going to have higher ones after the lesser market teams get their cut.

You said Brand management is what proves the Cowboys make more money than the Commanders, and that is all there should be. How can you count out the money made from the stadiums? Where do you think that money goes? That is the local revenues that so many of the higher market teams were so worried about losing during CBA negotiations. It doesn't all go back into the operating cost of maintaining these stadiums, and they are used for other means. You are intentionally skewing the statistics to favor your argument. If you omit such things as gate receipts, which are a written acknowledgement that a specified amount of money has been recieved, then you are ignoring obvious facts. You aren't smart enough to twist this argument to your favor and get away with it.

We've already gone over the salary cap point, and one of your fellow cowboy fans backed down after he realized that all things equal, Snyder could outspend JJ. Please go back and read the whole thread before repeating the same tired, rehashed garbage that your fellow board members have spewed.

You just can't admit that I'm so smart I've already won the argument. Look at the rest of the thread. Your original statement now has so many holes in it that it's pointless. You've had to qualify yourself over and over. That was my only goal... to get you to realize that your blanket statement was just ludicrous. But it's like talking to a brick wall. You need to spend more time honing your arguing skills, turn off the blinders and listen (or read as the case may be). You're probably wasting too much time on message borads all day... seriously how can you have the time to be so enthralled on a message board of a team that you're not even a fan of?? And don't even begin to pretend you know how smart I am, because I promise you don't have the slightest clue.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
khurt said:
Let's bottom line this...
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on the net worth of your franchise.
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on who spends the most money in free agency.
  • The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on the number of arrogant posts you can make in a rival team's forum.
:

The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on how many threads HH31 makes about ES.

The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on how many times Dallas beat Washington.

The Superbowl trophy is not awarded based on how much anyone thinks a certain team won't make it.

It's based off of the number of licks it take to get to the center of a tootie pop......The world will never know......:)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Way 'nuff said:
Another Skins fan, here.

it's a shame he's pretty much screwed both of the teams he's played for. One player shouldn't wield this influence.

to blame TO for screwing San Fran and Philly is a little naive, bad cap management, cheap owner, and poor drafting was the 9er's Achilles heels, and with the Eagles, them not willing to pony up to keep their quality veterans (Corey Simon), and not finding suitable replacements for them was their death knell, not to mention a slew of injuries last year, and passing too much catching up to them...

and speaking of troubled WRs, I know it's a stretch, but seems your boy Brandon Lloyd has a little TO in him, word is out that he rubbed his veteran 9er teammates the wrong way

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Way 'nuff said:
He was the missing piece to put the Eagles over the top. They couldn't get to the superbowl before him and he was a large part for that team getting there and almost winning.

actually, the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without TO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Mojorisen said:
If Parcells couldn't handle Me-shawn, how in the world will he manage Me-O? :lmao2: this was desperate move by the boys. I can't wait for the lockeroom wars to begin. Good luck with that P.O.S.

note to self: signing 2 #2 WRs doesn't make a #1 WR

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
You just can't admit that I'm so smart I've already won the argument. Look at the rest of the thread. Your original statement now has so many holes in it that it's pointless. You've had to qualify yourself over and over. That was my only goal... to get you to realize that your blanket statement was just ludicrous. But it's like talking to a brick wall. You need to spend more time honing your arguing skills, turn off the blinders and listen (or read as the case may be). You're probably wasting too much time on message borads all day... seriously how can you have the time to be so enthralled on a message board of a team that you're not even a fan of?? And don't even begin to pretend you know how smart I am, because I promise you don't have the slightest clue.

So basically, you have nothing to say to counter my last posts. Instead, you reply with crap that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. This is the point where you admit you were wrong and kindly ****. :laugh2: But of course, you have too much pride to do that and now realize you jumped into a debate that you couldn't handle. Next time, know what the hell you're talking about before you opening your fat mouth. :D

MONT17

Reaction score
Bledsoe has been to 2 SUPER BOWLs and have won 2 AFC championship games... what has BRUNELL won?

we will take our has been and u can take your NEVA WAS QB and ****!!!

MONT17

Reaction score
Skins fans have a right to be upset... they have a right to talk trash.... they have been under the thumb for sooo long.... Skins fans remind me of the GIMP in Pulp Fiction!

As soon as they get some lovin the COWBOYS steal it away with the MeO deal! they know this is the begining of a nightmare of COWBOYS COVERAGE that will rival the MID 90s.... and it makes them sick!!! and for some them this is their second and third go around with the MASS MEDIA and they cant help but to reek of fear when they say that T.O will destroy the COWBOYS! its almost a programmed response.... if they asked themselves, what man, can destroy a team that has won like 30 games in 6 seasons!!!

they use words like IMPLODE...

If this team IMPLODES from last years 9-7 record... it will be the QUICKEST fall of all time, u never here a 9-7 team imploding until SKIN fans woke up today... and thats where the automatic reponse comes in because T.O cant destroy something thats not great... So basically they have come to the fore gone conclusion that the 06 season, which had such great promise for them last week, will be the GREAT season before T.O and the COWBOYS IMPLODE into the NFL history books while BRUNELL actually wins a championship game sometime after the 07 season!!!

and thats what hurts the most!!! their words REEk of fear and they dont even know it!!!

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
So basically, you have nothing to say to counter my last posts. Instead, you reply with crap that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. This is the point where you admit you were wrong and kindly ****. :laugh2: But of course, you have too much pride to do that and now realize you jumped into a debate that you couldn't handle. Next time, know what the hell you're talking about before you opening your fat mouth. :D

I can't begin to try and tell you how childish you both sound. It seems obvious you can not agree that will be okay. :)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
And modest too...;)