Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Hmm, I'll decline that. One thing Randle El has over TO is the ability to NOT rip teams apart. JJ would be crucified for signing Owens to any deal that doesn't allow them to cut ties with him as soon as he starts to become a pain in the ***.

In other words "Snyder overpays, but I wont admit it"

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
So you want to get into a logic fight, do you?

1) You said "Gibbs and Snyder" did not "want" TO.
2) Your article of evidence has a quote by Cerrato, a secondary source stating "Our head coach [Joe Gibbs] said it before, we think he's an outstanding player, but he just doesn't fit us."
3) Saying he "doesn't fit us" does not prove lack of want. I could want a Lamborghini, but say it "doesn't fit" my budget.
4) Nowhere in this article is there any evidence whatsoever concerning Snyder. Thus, you have failed to prove the second portion of your claim "and Synder."

Your rebuttal?

pathetic. humility is not your strong suit.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
riggo said:
exactly.

whateve argument fits at the moment, i guess.

we hate TO/we love TO. which way is the wind blowing at the moment?

Or whichever argument allows me to not admit that I was wrong and a Commander fan was right. :rolleyes: Typical.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
In other words "Snyder overpays, but I wont admit it"

How did you come to that conclusion? Snyder gets the players that Gibbs asks for. Gibbs doesn't want Owens, even if he came for free he wouldn't want him destroying team chemistry. So what does this have to do with Snyder overpaying? I know we overpaid for Randle El, and that still wasn't the reason I didn't take an obvious bad bet.

Continue to believe whatever makes you feel better.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
How did you come to that conclusion? Snyder gets the players that Gibbs asks for. Gibbs doesn't want Owens, even if he came for free he wouldn't want him destroying team chemistry. So what does this have to do with Snyder overpaying? I know we overpaid for Randle El, and that still wasn't the reason I didn't take an obvious bad bet.

Continue to believe whatever makes you feel better.

Bull****, Snyder requires authority more than even JJ does. If you think Gibbs, the mild mannered thing that he is, is running that show, you're fooling yourself. These signings have the stink of Danny Boy all over them.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
So you want to get into a logic fight, do you?

1) You said "Gibbs and Snyder" did not "want" TO.
2) Your article of evidence has a quote by Cerrato, a secondary source stating "Our head coach [Joe Gibbs] said it before, we think he's an outstanding player, but he just doesn't fit us."
3) Saying he "doesn't fit us" does not prove lack of want. I could want a Lamborghini, but say it "doesn't fit" my budget.
4) Nowhere in this article is there any evidence whatsoever concerning Snyder. Thus, you have failed to prove the second portion of your claim "and Synder."

Your rebuttal?

Oh come on, that is coachspeak. Saying "he doesn't fit us" is a nice way of saying "we don't want his troublesome ***". You have no argument, stop grasping at straws.

RedskinsFanInTX

Reaction score
It's gonna happen???
TOinDallas.jpg
CowboyTO.jpg

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Bull****, Snyder requires authority more than even JJ does. If you think Gibbs, the mild mannered thing that he is, is running that show, you're fooling yourself. These signings have the stink of Danny Boy all over them.

Please prove otherwise, where is the evidence for what you claim. Please show me where Snyder introduces players in press conferences instead of Joe Gibbs. Oh wait, that is JJ.

Gregg Williams even chooses which defensive players the Skins go after. So you can charge Williams with the credit for wanting Archuleta and Carter.

Don't misinterpret kindness for weakness, Gibbs doesn't back down to anyone. He's running the show, Snyder and Cerrato just go get the players he wants. Which is why when he was first brought back, quite a few Skins fans were worried about his GM abilities since he never worked in that capacity in his first stint as coach.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Claiming something and then backing it up apparently isn't yours.

cerrato, as VP of football operations, speaks for snyder since snyder has been keeping a low profile in recent years. good luck finding many quotes directly from him.

apparently you want us to believe that snyder- who has a rep for signing every player he ever wanted- wanted TO even after cerrato said he 'wasnt a good fit'- yet we never heard about it.

oh, but since snyder wasnt actually quoted himself as saying it- it was cerrato and gibbs- it must not be true.

nice spin, Mr. Clinton.

"it depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

brilliant.

the skins never wanted him. sorry to disappoint you.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Oh come on, that is coachspeak. Saying "he doesn't fit us" is a nice way of saying "we don't want his troublesome ***". You have no argument, stop grasping at straws.

Really? Do you have evidence of this "coachspeak" language that you talk about, and that in "coachspeak", "he doesn't fit us" is equivalent to "we don't want his troublesome ***"?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

gibbs wants a player, snyder says 'no, i dont think so, joe'

right.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Really? Do you have evidence of this "coachspeak" language that you talk about, and that in "coachspeak", "he doesn't fit us" is equivalent to "we don't want his troublesome ***"?

Dude, whatever. You're wrong. You know it. I know it. Hell, everyone reading this thread knows it. Give it up. The Skins never wanted Owens, why do you continue to harp on something you can't prove?

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting to see the proof that the Commanders don't make the most money in sports....I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Too bad some of you just can't admit when you're wrong and stop looking so foolish.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
riggo said:
cerrato, as VP of football operations, speaks for snyder since snyder has been keeping a low profile in recent years. good luck finding many quotes directly from him.

It's not my fault that you chose to make a claim that couldn't be backed up because of a lack of evidence. Maybe you should have thought it through before bringing it up.

apparently you want us to believe that snyder- who has a rep for signing every player he ever wanted- wanted TO even after cerrato said he 'wasnt a good fit'- yet we never heard about it.oh, but since snyder wasnt actually quoted himself as saying it- it was cerrato and gibbs- it must not be true.

I don't "want" you to believe anything of what you're remotely suggesting. In fact, I don't really care about your wants, nor do I know who the other person, or set of persons is, in your usage of the pronoun "us". You are still failing to grasp a simple point. YOU MADE THE CLAIM. I asked you to back it up with evidence. You provided what you thought was evidence, and I punched holes in it.

nice spin, Mr. Clinton.

"it depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

brilliant.

No spin here. Just simple, clear logic. If you can't deal with it, take a course in logic 101.

the skins never wanted him. sorry to disappoint you.

That may be true, but you've failed to prove it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Dude, whatever. You're wrong. You know it. I know it. Hell, everyone reading this thread knows it. Give it up. The Skins never wanted Owens, why do you continue to harp on something you can't prove?

Both of you fellow Commanders' fans have trouble grasping a simple concept. Let me make it clear to you once more. I'm NOT REQUIRED to prove anything because I never made a claim. But your fellow fan did.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
It's not my fault that you chose to make a claim that couldn't be backed up because of a lack of evidence. Maybe you should have thought it through before bringing it up.

my claim is that snyder and gibbs dont want owens. as if i hadnt shown you proof of that already through cerratos quote,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/03/AR2006020302680.html

"Three days after the Washington Commanders' front office announced it had no interest in pursuing the troubled but talented wide receiver Terrell Owens, the Indianapolis Colts made clear Friday that Reggie Wayne, another high-profile, big-play wideout, won't be available to the Commanders in their search to complement Santana Moss."

is the post a better 'inside source' than i? there was so little interest in TO by the skins that you can only find one story about it.

how are you going to spin 'front office' and 'no interest'?

nice sig, by the way. God loves a spinster.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting to see the proof that the Commanders don't make the most money in sports....I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Too bad some of you just can't admit when you're wrong and stop looking so foolish.

You and Riggo are so ignorant...... You can't just throw up a Forbes article that "values" the Commanders higher than the Cowboys and say the Commanders make more money. You have to actually read it morons.

First of all... The Cowboys made more in merchandising (brand management) by $7 million in 2004. Meaning we sell more to the fans because we have more fans (America's Team remember?).

Secondly, part of the reason you draw in your revenue is through the licensing of your stadium. "Fed Ex" Field makes Snyder money. Having a field named Texas Stadium makes no one money, it's one of the few stadiums in the country that kept tradition over $$$.

Some more stadium info for ya... Fed Ex seats 15,000 more people, but makes around 2 1/2 times more than Texas Stadium.
Texas Stadium: capacity 65846 -- $31 M in gate receipts in 2004
Fed Ex: 80116-- $79 M in gate receipts in 2004
Using these number you can come up with average seat prices. OK their gate receipts, so technically this would be what the average person is going to spend TOTAL at a game:
Texas Stadium = $58.85
Fed Ex Field = $123.25

You guys are getting robbed at the gates. We're moving into a new stadium, and it remains to be seen what it will be called, or how much the tickets will cost. But the fact remains the main reason the Commanders are "valued" higher is because of your stadium. If you want to look at brand merchandising, which is the only thing that really correlates to your fan base, then the Cowboys make more. Once the Cowboys move into our new stadium, our gate receipts will go up and our team value. Also with the TO signing, our "brand management" will only go higher. Honestly how many Key, Drew, or Glenn jerseys do you think we sold?? And when we win our next Super Bowl in the next couple of years it will go even higher.;)

You also can't compare the Commanders to teams in other sports when it comes to value. Everyone knows that baseball stadiums and basketball arenas can't hold as many people as football stadiums... It's apples and oranges.