Commanders Fan on the T.O Signing.

SkinsFan06

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
OHHH PLUUULEZZZE. First off,,just because some of our going to go out and hate our team because of one player,, doesn't make us sell outs. You can check that at the door. Some people think that his ON field talents out weigh the OFF fields problems and some think just the opposite. NO ONE IS A SELL OUT. Second, TO needs leadership, something that wasn't present in either SF after rice and young left and siefert or whatever his name was left,,and there is no leadership in philly,, andy ried can't control his eatting habit let alone anything else.. We have a HOF Coach with 2 SB wins and an owner that has 3 rings and is totally dedicated to winning more, that is what TO needs to TO the player and Not TO the child. Third,, you guys over at ES or whereever the skins fans go to do a circle jerk over Danni boi and Libbs, know that with TO, and the improved Line we have now,, that buying all those FA WR aren't going to help ya any. and forth,, **** and go away.
lol its gonna be funny when T.O. rips ur organization apart....no u ****!!!!!!!

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
You and Riggo are so ignorant...... You can't just throw up a Forbes article that "values" the Commanders higher than the Cowboys and say the Commanders make more money. You have to actually read it morons.

First of all... The Cowboys made more in merchandising (brand management) by $7 million in 2004. Meaning we sell more to the fans because we have more fans (America's Team remember?).

Secondly, part of the reason you draw in your revenue is through the licensing of your stadium. "Fed Ex" Field makes Snyder money. Having a field named Texas Stadium makes no one money, it's one of the few stadiums in the country that kept tradition over $$$.

Some more stadium info for ya... Fed Ex seats 15,000 more people, but makes around 2 1/2 times more than Texas Stadium.
Texas Stadium: capacity 65846 -- $31 M in gate receipts in 2004
Fed Ex: 80116-- $79 M in gate receipts in 2004
Using these number you can come up with average seat prices. OK their gate receipts, so technically this would be what the average person is going to spend TOTAL at a game:
Texas Stadium = $58.85
Fed Ex Field = $123.25

You guys are getting robbed at the gates. We're moving into a new stadium, and it remains to be seen what it will be called, or how much the tickets will cost. But the fact remains the main reason the Commanders are "valued" higher is because of your stadium. If you want to look at brand merchandising, which is the only thing that really correlates to your fan base, then the Cowboys make more. Once the Cowboys move into our new stadium, our gate receipts will go up and our team value. Also with the TO signing, our "brand management" will only go higher. Honestly how many Key, Drew, or Glenn jerseys do you think we sold?? And when we win our next Super Bowl in the next couple of years it will go even higher.;)

You also can't compare the Commanders to teams in other sports when it comes to value. Everyone knows that baseball stadiums and basketball arenas can't hold as many people as football stadiums... It's apples and oranges.

GREATEST RANT OF ALL TIME MY FRIEND!!!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Actually I think that Danny Boy wanted him and Coach Gibbs nixed the idea. I live in DC and I heard all the bruhaha about it about 2 months back. Danny is still young when it comes running a team and I think he still acts like kid in the candy store, but after signing his wet dream coach, Joe Gibbs he is more willing to listen to dissension then he was before with Norv, and Marty.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
riggo said:
well, i'll be the first to disagree. i hope those sellouts that welcome TO with open arms a few short years after he desecrated your star get exactly what you deserve. props to the boys fans that stuck by their guns and hate this move.

espn reiterated what was already posted here- TOs worst games have come against the skins.

he couldnt get along with mcanabb....and you think he'll be fine with bledsoe? right. its not like dallas can say they didnt see this coming- he only played for the freaking eagles the past 2 years.

bring him on. and watch your franchise collapse. freaking hypocrite sellouts. i will be watching and enjoying every last minute of it.

congrats! :D

Hold on and let me call you the Wambulance.... were all a little skeptical but you have to admit it does wonders for our receiving core

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I love it when skin fans talk trash it honestly cracks me up....How many super bowls do you boys have??? O ya and before last year how many games in a row did we spank ya'll??? or were you still in Elementary school then and you don't remember???

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Logic......here is some logic for those who insist that TO will act up.

San Francisco: Prolem? QB. Drew Bledsoe is twice the QB that Jeff Garcia ever thought about being. No problem here.

Philly: Problem? He put up GREAT numbers and wanted to re-do his deal to justify the numbers he was putting up. He has a chance to earn HUGE money here. No problem here.

Hide and watch how this thing works for both sides. To will do his thing, get paid, and help us win a superbowl.

3 years 25 million > 7 years 49 million

TO will not gripe about money. He's getting paid and has a really good QB....we just need to keep bledsoe upright.

TO cause problems here? :laugh2:

I can't wait to see how the bandwagon gets overloaded after TO lights up the Eagles, Skins, and Giants.

Hide and watch.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Logic......here is some logic for those who insist that TO will act up.

San Francisco: Prolem? QB. Drew Bledsoe is twice the QB that Jeff Garcia ever thought about being. No problem here.

Philly: Problem? He put up GREAT numbers and wanted to re-do his deal to justify the numbers he was putting up. He has a chance to earn HUGE money here. No problem here.

Hide and watch how this thing works for both sides. To will do his thing, get paid, and help us win a superbowl.

3 years 25 million > 7 years 49 million

TO will not gripe about money. He's getting paid and has a really good QB....we just need to keep bledsoe upright.

TO cause problems here? :laugh2:

I can't wait to see how the bandwagon gets overloaded after TO lights up the Eagles, Skins, and Giants.

Hide and watch.

My thoughts EXACTLY

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You could say that, or you could do some research and find out the Commanders make more money than any sports franchise in the nation, much less, the NFL. JJ can't outspend Snyder, stop being a homer.
Where is this research? Dan snyder might have more money, but there is no way that is true, or else you would not attend your games at "fed ex field". The Yankees are a Juggernaut in terms of fan base, and the cowboys and Redsox to a lesser degree. I also read somewhere during the whole CBA deal that the Patriots have made the most money in the nfl these past few years.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
You and Riggo are so ignorant...... You can't just throw up a Forbes article that "values" the Commanders higher than the Cowboys and say the Commanders make more money. You have to actually read it morons.

First of all... The Cowboys made more in merchandising (brand management) by $7 million in 2004. Meaning we sell more to the fans because we have more fans (America's Team remember?).

Secondly, part of the reason you draw in your revenue is through the licensing of your stadium. "Fed Ex" Field makes Snyder money. Having a field named Texas Stadium makes no one money, it's one of the few stadiums in the country that kept tradition over $$$.

Some more stadium info for ya... Fed Ex seats 15,000 more people, but makes around 2 1/2 times more than Texas Stadium.
Texas Stadium: capacity 65846 -- $31 M in gate receipts in 2004
Fed Ex: 80116-- $79 M in gate receipts in 2004
Using these number you can come up with average seat prices. OK their gate receipts, so technically this would be what the average person is going to spend TOTAL at a game:
Texas Stadium = $58.85
Fed Ex Field = $123.25

You guys are getting robbed at the gates. We're moving into a new stadium, and it remains to be seen what it will be called, or how much the tickets will cost. But the fact remains the main reason the Commanders are "valued" higher is because of your stadium. If you want to look at brand merchandising, which is the only thing that really correlates to your fan base, then the Cowboys make more. Once the Cowboys move into our new stadium, our gate receipts will go up and our team value. Also with the TO signing, our "brand management" will only go higher. Honestly how many Key, Drew, or Glenn jerseys do you think we sold?? And when we win our next Super Bowl in the next couple of years it will go even higher.;)

You also can't compare the Commanders to teams in other sports when it comes to value. Everyone knows that baseball stadiums and basketball arenas can't hold as many people as football stadiums... It's apples and oranges.

Please try to remain on topic. The point of even bringing up the Skins make more money than any team in sports is who would be able to keep a player from another team. An ignorant boys fan said JJ could outspend Snyder, and this simply isn't true.

You're an idiot for even trying to read farther into without the necessary knowledge that words like "value" and "stadium licensing" still mean the Commanders make a ton of money. Just because they don't make money in the way that you prefer, which I'm sure is no concidence to what would make your argument better, doesn't mean it isn't valid in this argument.

It's a joke that you keep harping on "value" when truthfully, the licensing with FedEX isn't just value, FedEX is paying the Skins money to have their name on that stadium. Just because Snyder is a better businessman doesn't mean the deals he makes aren't valid. To try and discredit stadium licensing because YOUR TEAM sells more in brand merchandising is ridiculous. Moron, you can't pick and choose which aspects of the facts to use or not.

Here is something that shows more "value" :lmao: , but is more recent: http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html .

The only thing higher the Cowboys have over the Commanders is operating income (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html), OI does not include such things as investments from other companies (i.e. FedEX). Revenues is what shows who makes more, and that is what the point of the whole discussion on this thread, not who sells more merchandise. :lmao2:

Furthermore, you're not winning a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe as quarterback. Please...:rolleyes: Let me know if you want me to pummel you in debate again, I found it refreshing. :)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
Where is this research? Dan snyder might have more money, but there is no way that is true, or else you would not attend your games at "fed ex field". The Yankees are a Juggernaut in terms of fan base, and the cowboys and Redsox to a lesser degree. I also read somewhere during the whole CBA deal that the Patriots have made the most money in the nfl these past few years.

Not only are you horribly misinformed, but you're extremely stupid for not clicking on any of the links provided in this thread. Use your brain, for once.

I'm not replying to you until you catch up in this discussion. You do YOUR research and then come back to me when you know what you're talking about, not what you think "you read somewhere."

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think T.O. "killed the Eagles." Even if he really did, it was for one year.

But, I've said this from the start, the Eagles are as much to blame for the T.O. situation and their 6-10 season as well as getting some bad luck as well.

They had injuries (when Mike McMahon is starting, that's not a good thing) and they had a coach that refused to run the ball until December. Not only was Reid's style flawed to begin with, but when your star QB is hurt and you keep throwing the ball, that's just outright stupidity.

I've said from the start I could understand why T.O. wanted a better contract and that Andy Reid handled that entire situation about as bad as you could handle it, I just didn't agree with the way T.O. wound up handling the situation.

For me, T.O. will be like Keyshawn is. When he plays well, I'll cheer for the team. And it will probably take him at least about a year and a half of good behavior and good play before I change my mind on T.O.

If he proves me wrong and plays great and isn't a problem, I'll be the first to admit at any given time I was wrong about him.

That being said, calling me a sellout because I still root for my team despite whom they sign is a bit unfair.

Rich.........

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Please try to remain on topic. The point of even bringing up the Skins make more money than any team in sports is who would be able to keep a player from another team. An ignorant boys fan said JJ could outspend Snyder, and this simply isn't true.

You're an idiot for even trying to read farther into without the necessary knowledge that words like "value" and "stadium licensing" still mean the Commanders make a ton of money. Just because they don't make money in the way that you prefer, which I'm sure is no concidence to what would make your argument better, doesn't mean it isn't valid in this argument.

It's a joke that you keep harping on "value" when truthfully, the licensing with FedEX isn't just value, FedEX is paying the Skins money to have their name on that stadium. Just because Snyder is a better businessman doesn't mean the deals he makes aren't valid. To try and discredit stadium licensing because YOUR TEAM sells more in brand merchandising is ridiculous. Moron, you can't pick and choose which aspects of the facts to use or not.

Here is something that shows more "value" :lmao: , but is more recent: http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html .

The only thing higher the Cowboys have over the Commanders is operating income (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html), OI does not include such things as investments from other companies (i.e. FedEX). Revenues is what shows who makes more, and that is what the point of the whole discussion on this thread, not who sells more merchandise. :lmao2:

Furthermore, you're not winning a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe as quarterback. Please...:rolleyes: Let me know if you want me to pummel you in debate again, I found it refreshing. :)

First of all, like I said, "making more money" does not equal "value." Just because some articles say your franchise is valued higher doesn't mean you make more money. All I did for my "research" was read the article you put up, which you should have done.

And I didn't say you don't make more money either. I said that the main reason you do is because of stadium licensing and gate receipts, which will likely change when we get into our new stadium.

That second link you put up doesn't cut it either. You actually have to click on the teams and go look at the breakdowns. There you will find what I'm talking about... Brand management. That's where you'll find exactly where the Cowboys make more money than the Commanders. It's got a lot more numbers than the little chart you cite, but it's probably too complicated for you.

The argument about who can outspend the other is pointless because of a little thing called the salary cap. Plus your revenues are shared with other teams, so it makes little difference when you're talking about signing Free Agents.

Finally, making a claim that DS is a "better businessman" than JJ is absolutely ridiculous. Have you done business with either of the two men?? That is a subjective standard anyway. Let me dumb it down for you... subjective = it's just your opinion.

PS. You can't say you "won the debate." That's subjective too. I have more to say, just out of time... To Be Continued

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Okay, I'll bet you that JJ spent less on TO (Arguably the best WR in football) than Snyder spent on Randle El (Arguably not even a WR).

Haven't we been over this HeavyHitta? TO makes twice as much as Randle El.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Haven't we been over this HeavyHitta? TO makes twice as much as Randle El.

Um, isn't Randle El guaranteed something like $11.5 million. TO's only guaranteed max $10 million, and it may be less than that.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
That second link you put up doesn't cut it either. You actually have to click on the teams and go look at the breakdowns. There you will find what I'm talking about... Brand management. That's where you'll find exactly where the Cowboys make more money than the Commanders. It's got a lot more numbers than the little chart you cite, but it's probably too complicated for you.

The argument about who can outspend the other is pointless because of a little thing called the salary cap. Plus your revenues are shared with other teams, so it makes little difference when you're talking about signing Free Agents.

Finally, making a claim that DS is a "better businessman" than JJ is absolutely ridiculous. Have you done business with either of the two men?? That is a subjective standard anyway. Let me dumb it down for you... subjective = it's just your opinion.

PS. You can't say you "won the debate." That's subjective too. I have more to say, just out of time... To Be Continued

Yes, there is revenue sharing in the NFL. Yet the higher market teams aren't sharing ALL of their revenues. Furthermore, your team is sharing your revenues as well, so if we have higher revenues before the sharing we're going to have higher ones after the lesser market teams get their cut.

You said Brand management is what proves the Cowboys make more money than the Commanders, and that is all there should be. How can you count out the money made from the stadiums? Where do you think that money goes? That is the local revenues that so many of the higher market teams were so worried about losing during CBA negotiations. It doesn't all go back into the operating cost of maintaining these stadiums, and they are used for other means. You are intentionally skewing the statistics to favor your argument. If you omit such things as gate receipts, which are a written acknowledgement that a specified amount of money has been recieved, then you are ignoring obvious facts. You aren't smart enough to twist this argument to your favor and get away with it.

We've already gone over the salary cap point, and one of your fellow cowboy fans backed down after he realized that all things equal, Snyder could outspend JJ. Please go back and read the whole thread before repeating the same tired, rehashed garbage that your fellow board members have spewed.

MONT17

Reaction score
To get 5 million...thats it now!!! if he plays the entire 06 he he gets 10!!!

videre

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Um, isn't Randel El guaranteed something like $11.5 million? TO's only guaranteed max $10 million, and it may be less than that.

That information was reported incorrectly... he gets 5 million in guaranteed money, and the rest is in other things that they got mixed up in there.

Umm... another 'Skins fan reporting. I agree with the original poster... I hope TO doesn't implode the Cowboys. What fun is that? The way things are now, the Washington/Dallas games are going to be fabulous this year. It's been too long since our games were the dogfights they are supposed to be, and now things are getting interesting.

I don't know about all of you all, but I can't wait. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Not only are you horribly misinformed, but you're extremely stupid for not clicking on any of the links provided in this thread. Use your brain, for once.
Read down, practice what you preach.