Commanders Goin Crazy

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Come on back over after the trade and one of us can say, "I was wrong".

Deal.

Question for you. Why do you think a 4th rounder, for instance, is too high of a price to pay for Ramsey?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Deal.

Question for you. Why do you think a 4th rounder, for instance, is too high of a price to pay for Ramsey?

Because he is a garbage player with happy feet who can't take a hit

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
So much for the civil conversation. I see you haven't changed much HH.

His game stinks profusely, he seems to be doing the Texas two-step in the pocket, and physical contact isnt exactly his thing

You can dress it up any way you want, it doesnt change the facts

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
His game stinks profusely, he seems to be doing the Texas two-step in the pocket, and physical contact isnt exactly his thing

You can dress it up any way you want, it doesnt change the facts

Well he is better than your two or three so how would you so eloquently describe them?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Well he is better than your two or three so how would you so eloquently describe them?

Drew Henson = bust, garbage, worthless

Tony Romo has far better mechnics and throwing ability than Ramsey.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

That's an awful long limb to go out on considering he hasn't faced live bullets yet. How comfortable are you going to feel with him leading you team this year if something happens to Drew?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
That's an awful long limb to go out on considering he hasn't faced live bullets yet. How comfortable are you going to feel with him leading you team this year if something happens to Drew?

Much moreso than if Ramsey was leading them

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Much moreso than if Ramsey was leading them

Fair enough.

I won't be surprised though if some team offers more than a five. It certainly wouldn't fall in the 'omg...are they freakin crazy?' category.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Drew Henson = bust, garbage, worthless

Your sig pic is no longer meaningful. This analysis never was.

:wink2:

Skins26

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
......who can't take a hit
lmao!!!!
Wow, I patiently wait for any evidence that lead you to this conclusion.

That's one of two things Ramsey is PRAISED for. His strong arm, and his ability to take a hit. Did you miss the who Spurrier era?

Yeeeah....you wanna go ahead and show me any evidence of this too, that'd be grrreat. Thanks.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score

the NFL is lining up to trade for romo.

stick to what you know.

*sorry. i missed the part when HH said ramsey cant take a hit.

beautiful.

google. use it.

:D

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
visionary said:
it's like when you drive by a bad car wreck, you dont want to look but cant help the morbid fascination. that is exactly how much life the deadskins have.

:laugh1:

thats funny alright.

that car wreck beat your teams *** last year.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
riggo said:
thats funny alright.

that car wreck beat your teams *** last year.

GIBBS..."the greatest moment in sports my coaching history" beating Dallas on Monday night..LOL TRULY SAD :bang2::banghead::laugh2::laugh2::laugh1::eek:

Joe Gibbs II

Benched
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
GIBBS..."the greatest moment in sports my coaching history" beating Dallas on Monday night..LOL TRULY SAD :bang2::banghead::laugh2::laugh2::laugh1::eek:

If you look at the circumstances and his reaction, you shouldnt be surprised. 1st of all, it was on MNF. 2nd of all, it was when the triplets were hailed at halftime. 3rd of all, we shouldn't have won the game, but we and you kept the skins in there.

4th of all, we completed a 3rd and 25 on Brunell's aging legs.
5th of all, a 4th and 3 to a wide open JAMES THRASH
6th of all, 4th and 15 to SANTANA in almost a half assed play.
7th, ST lays out crayton and a big defensive stop.
8th, well you know the rest.

We were not supposed to win that game, but with 5 minutes left we said "Hey, lets go for it" and we did and won.

That game thrusted the season and gave the offense confidence. Before that game we looked like the crappy O skins from 04.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
riggo said:
the NFL is lining up to trade for romo.

stick to what you know.

*sorry. i missed the part when HH said ramsey cant take a hit.

beautiful.

google. use it.

:D

The Jets last year offered a 3rd for Romo, unless I'm mistaken. Now, apparently they're offering a 5th for Ramsey.

Does that mean Romo has more value than Ramsey? Not neccessarily because of the time difference... one being in season and the other off season. Still, there's a big difference between a 3rd and a 5th.

Monte... I don't think Ramsey will get more than a 5th on the open market because:

1 There are quite a few QB options out there right now

2 No team has thus far offered anything more than a 5th. Usually when the negotiations are going on, the team wanting the player will go ahead and make the acquisition when the only difference is from a 5th to a 4th. The Jets however are sticking to their 5th round offer... indicating that that's probably all they're willing to part with for Ramsey.

3 Ramsey's value is pretty low. Not many think very highly of Brunell and he kept Ramsey, who should be in his prime, on the bench all of last year. When Ramsey has gotten the chance to play, his suckage was apparent.

4. The trading teams fans always think the player is worth more than he really is on the open market.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
3 Ramsey's value is pretty low. Not many think very highly of Brunell and the kept Ramsey, who should be in his prime, on the bench all of last year. When Ramsey has gotten the chance to play, his suckage was apparent.

4. The trading teams fans always think the player is worth more than he really is on the open market.

**-

Many would tell you that Patrick didn't get a fair chance last year.

In the first half of the first game against Chicago he took a very nasty, dangerous, clothesline hit and was shaken up. He was playing well at the time and was driving into the redzone when knocked out of the game. He was ready to go at the beginning on the 2nd half but was never put back into the game, for the rest of the season.

Commander fans were in an uproar at the time, not happy with the decision for he most part. Most were still remembering Brunell's very disappointing performance the previous season and didn't hold out much hope for improvement. The tide gradually turned as Brunell's performance did improve, especially after the first Dallas game.

But still to this day the majority of Skins fans will tell you that Ramsey did not get a fair shake.

The only real action that PR did get was when Brunell was knocked out of the Giant game. He played with a sense of poise that he had not consistently shown before and performed well. His stats for last year were:

G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Qb Rate

4 1 25 15 60.0 279 11.16 72 1 1 95.3

Compare that to Romo's regular season totals for comparison. (I'm just joking :) )

I do agree that most teams fans overestimate the trade value of their players. I don't considermyself one of them. I am certainly not one of those expecting a 1, 2, or 3. I'm just saying that a 4th would not be rediculous to expect.

I also think that the majority of fans overestimate the ability of their young back-up quarterbacks before they actually play a real down in the league. Many consider good performances against 2nd team defenders as a true indication of how they will perform when the starting defenders begin executing real schemes instead of basic vanilla sets.

But then.....I could be wrong. ;)