Commanders vs. Cowboys just got HUGE

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
My response wasnt to change the subject

I certainly wasn't taling about Bledsoe. I was talking about Randle-El's poor performance in his first game for the Commanders. You replied to me and brought up Bledsoe. So you did change the subject.

I asked if he pay was justified with his performance.

Considering that he's the 21st-highest paid quarterback and is even lower than that in guaranteed money, the answer is yes. He has been worth what we've paid him, and probably more.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
I think you're missing the point bro -- you didn't throw to Jamaica Rector or hand off the ball to him because he ISN'T the triple-threat that Randle-El is. And remember; it was only one game. Let's see what he does in the next few weeks before we start saying any "scrub" could have done what he did.

You said Randle-El showed why the Commanders paid him gobs of money -- you were talking about Monday night, when you lost at home to the Vikings and Randle-El did next to nothing despite numerous opportunities.

What he does in the next few weeks has nothing to do with the fact that any scrub could have done what he did Monday night.

By the way -- do you think any "scrub" could have thrown a touchdown in the superbowl???

I didn't say that. I said any scrub could average 3.5 yards on two returns, 6.8 yards on five catches and 7.0 yards on four punts fielded.

Take a guess how long it has been since any wide receiver for the Cowboys has ever had five catches in a game and averaged as little as 6.8 yards per catch -- which is what Randle-El did Monday night.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
That's not what this thread was about, and you know it. I'm sorry that you're too big of a homer to see what it was initially about, but maybe if you re-read the originaly post, you'll see it wasn't about Randle-El; it was about the Cowboys vs. the Commanders this weekend.

I didn't say that's the only thing the thread was about -- but you DID 1) come onto a Cowboys board, 2) start a thread and 3) claim that Randle-El showed Monday night why he got a huge contract.

Yes, it's a preposterous notion to anyone with common sense, but you did exactly that.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
masomenos85 said:
Comparing ARE to Skyler Green or Jamaica Rector is ridiculous.

Read the thread. Nobody compared Randle-El to Green or Rector. The comparison is in his weak performance Monday night that at least one Commanders fan claims showed why he was worth a huge contract. Green, Rector and any other scrub could do the same thing if you gave him that many chances.

For $4.5 million per season, if you throw the guy five passes, wouldn't you expect more than 6.8 yards per catch? Do you realize how low that is?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I truly think it's a toss-up...I'd be leaning towards the Skins because I think they have better coaches calling the offense and defense, but I truly think the home team will win this battle of the losers.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
jrockster said:
Randle-El -- showed why the Skins gave him so much money.

:laugh2:

Wait a minute, lemme make sure I read that right........

jrockster said:
Randle-El -- showed........................... why............... the Skins........................ gave him............... so much money.

Yesiree, thats what he said alright.:laugh1:

Quit it.........:lmao2: .................yer killing me here..........:lmao: ................

OMG..............I think.....:lmao: ..I'm gonna...........:lmao2: p my pants....

jrockster77

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Read the thread. Nobody compared Randle-El to Green or Rector. The comparison is in his weak performance Monday night that at least one Commanders fan claims showed why he was worth a huge contract. Green, Rector and any other scrub could do the same thing if you gave him that many chances.

For $4.5 million per season, if you throw the guy five passes, wouldn't you expect more than 6.8 yards per catch? Do you realize how low that is?

But you said any scrub could do what Randle-El did. Since Rector and Green both did less than Randle-El, don't they count as "any scrub?" And they didn't do what Randle-El did, so therefore you are incorrect.

You can continue to try and prove your biased argument correct, but you're not going to win...I suggest you quit. ;)

jrockster77

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
:laugh2:

Wait a minute, lemme make sure I read that right........

Yesiree, thats what he said alright.:laugh1:

Quit it.........:lmao2: .................yer killing me here..........:lmao: ................

OMG..............I think.....:lmao: ..I'm gonna...........:lmao2: p my pants....

Well thanks for the insightful response to the thread, jackrussel. You lived up to the intelligence implied by your screenname, and set an example for the rest of the board.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
If he DOUBLED his production......he still wouldn't have "showed why the Skins gave him so much money."

There are times when you have to look at what you said, and just think ok, maybe there coud have been a better time to have said someting like that.

jrockster77

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
If he DOUBLED his production......he still wouldn't have "showed why the Skins gave him so much money."

There are times when you have to look at what you said, and just think ok, maybe there coud have been a better time to have said someting like that.

If I thought it was possible, I would think your dog was actually typing for you. Because that's how stupid you sound.

Read the entire thread before you respond, smart guy.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
No offense jrockster77, but I saw the game too. The I-495 Beltway was jammed packed with Skins' fans, flags on their trucKs, hollering out windows, backed up traffic until you got past exits 17A and 16. But I loved the energy the Skins fans have ...reminds me of the Eagles at home games.

I truly was not impressed with either team, too many wide open players, Portis seemed to move the ball 3-5 yard average, and Brunell was not the leader that he needs to be (that may be harsh, because he is a quality QB).

Randle El has always been one of my favorite players ...doesn't matter what Team he's on, he's exciting and will get the crowd worked up. I think Gibbs should have used him more in the WR spot and not on Special Teams ...I just don't want to see him hurt - I'll bet you don't either!

Philly's easy early schedule will keep them in front, but either the Skins or Dallas will catch them soon enough

Frankly, I disagree with you here. You're predicting a "catchup" situation that may not come to fruition. While the jury is still out on Dallas (meaning that I'll have to see them play more ...but they did look better than the Skins), The Skins will have to delve back into their bag of tricks for something more than what they showed us yesterday ...that is if they want to "catchup."

I wanted to say something else about your comments toward the Eagles "easy schedule" ...but you've actually inspired me to do a separated thread on the subject. You'll have an opportunity to comment about that more later.

Overall assessment ...excitingly boring. Loose defenses from both teams, and the offense reflected the benefits. Your team is now 0-5 (including the preseason). That's how I see it jrockster77 (respect to SaT).

Don't talk about catching up until you start winning at least one game!

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
But you said any scrub could do what Randle-El did. Since Rector and Green both did less than Randle-El, don't they count as "any scrub?" And they didn't do what Randle-El did, so therefore you are incorrect.

You can continue to try and prove your biased argument correct, but you're not going to win...I suggest you quit. ;)

He wasn't comparing what Randle-El did to what Green or Rector did, he was comparing what Randle-El did to what Green or Rector could have done if given the same number of punt returns, balls thrown at, and carries. He's simply stating that hypothetically speaking, if Rector or Green were given the same opportunities, they would have matched production. You can't compare what they did to Randle-El because they weren't given the same opportunities.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can keep synchronized like they were on that first drive against Jacksonville this season could be a thing of beauty.

I saw passes thrown short and intermediate peppered with a run or two to keep them honest. They executed that drive the way pro players should and I hope that is the scheme Parcells continues. They were showing the lethality of the two tight end offense when it is run with talent.

Jacksonville flat out had no idea if we were going to run or pass in any situation...neither did the rest of us...I love that.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This thread has potential...

jrockster, don't mean to pile on as you and SkinsandTerps seems to be pretty level-headed Skins fans, but you're missing Adam's point.

The point is that for the average production the Skins got from Randle-El last night, they could've saved a ton of cash by getting a completely average player (in this case, Skyler Green or Rector) and would have gotten the same production.

Carry on...

Frozen700

Reaction score
who on ur offense is gonna get by newman??

this should be a good game tho

Hoov

Reaction score
the vikings looked good, though their offense commited a lot of penalties. But Brad johnson was able to pick apart the skins secondary. but the cowboys dont have an o line like the vikes do so dont expect bledsoe to have that kind of protection.

when the skins had the ball, there were some big holes for portis to run through, and those screens to moss could be trouble for the cowboy dfense. noticed that brunell wasnt throwing deep much at all, on almost all 3rd and longs he threw shorter than the first down and the vikes defense was able to make the tackle to prevent first downs.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jrockster77 said:
I think you're missing the point bro -- you didn't throw to Jamaica Rector or hand off the ball to him because he ISN'T the triple-threat that Randle-El is. And remember; it was only one game. Let's see what he does in the next few weeks before we start saying any "scrub" could have done what he did.

By the way -- do you think any "scrub" could have thrown a touchdown in the superbowl???

Who knows. Larry Brown won the Superbowl MVP...not any scrub CB gets multiple INTs in the superbowl.

Then he went to the Raiders and did jack.

Face it, just be honest with yourself.

You guys overpaid for ARE and you should know it.

And anyone that actually has the gull to post that he is starting to earn the money he was paid after that game last night needs to go get an EEG at a hospital.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
What did Skyler Green do for you guys against Jacksonville?? Oh yeah, I found it: 0 receptions for 0 yards, 0 carries for 0 yards, 0 returns for 0 yards.

Really wish some of you could take off the blue and silver glasses for a minute in some threads...

Whoa, you didn't just compare Skyler Green. A 4th rounds pick that was drafted solely for return purposes whom didn't even make the team to someone the Commanders paid out the nose for and really couldn't cut even if they wanted too because they dumped so much money into him?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jrockster77 said:
Well thanks for the insightful response to the thread, jackrussel. You lived up to the intelligence implied by your screenname, and set an example for the rest of the board.

He was not the one who said he can see why the skins paid for ARE.

Honestly you have nobody but yourself to blame.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
the only problem i had with ARE was him not getting that extra yard for a first down with 17 seconds left. one more play, and 10 more yards, and even hall could have made the kick.

as far as next week- if rogers and company cant stop the vikes, owens and glenn SHOULD have a field day. the only solution is to find a way to pressure bledsoe and force bad throws. no pressure= no win next week for the skins.