Commanders vs. Cowboys just got HUGE

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
88 yards and a TD to Chester Taylor is inexcusable. I think the unit will be much better next week against you guys.

joking?? Chester Taylor is betty betty gut, and so is his line (left side). don't think that your run defense is so good that you can't give up 88 on over 20 carries thats just being greedy.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I think it is the American Bred German Shepard that has a tendency to get hip dysplacia (where the thigh bone doesn't fit well into the hip socket, which is usually too shallow for the "ball" of the thigh bone, and becomes progressively worse with age).

A lot of large breed dogs can develop this.

I had a German Shepard that had hip dysplacia and it was heart wrenching to watch as she aged. We finally had to put her down when her quality of life just became too poor.

They do a surgery where they cut the 'ball' off the end of the bone. Over a few months, the muscle strengthens to a degree where they get around quite well on it, sometimes even when both hips are done.

If you do decide to go with a German Shepard... I'd make sure to do your homework and go with a reputable breeder and try to get some sort of guarantee against HD.

This is good advice, though it'd be virtually impossible to get a guarentee for a genetic possibility. You can do your best to breed away from a fault, but it's still basically in the history of a breed, and can virtually pop up anywhere in the line. While I do offer a health guarentee, it's only good til the puppy gets all of it's initial shots. Anything beyond that basically comes down to the heart of the breeder.

With any pet, stay away from pet stores, as they overcharge for pets that come from mills, and backyard breeders. While this doesn't 100% eliminate possible health problems, it certainly enhances the chances.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I think it is the American Bred German Shepard that has a tendency to get hip dysplacia (where the thigh bone doesn't fit well into the hip socket, which is usually too shallow for the "ball" of the thigh bone, and becomes progressively worse with age).

I had a German Shepard that had hip dysplacia and it was heart wrenching to watch as she aged. We finally had to put her down when her quality of life just became too poor.

If you do decide to go with a German Shepard... I'd make sure to do your homework and go with a reputable breeder and try to get some sort of guarantee against HD.

Thank you very much Asthmafield ...you'll never know how much your information meant to me.:)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That's it ...change your handle to the "Blue-Ice Cowboy."

I just recently lost my 7 year old Yellow Lab Retriever; he was a great dog that always barked at opposing teams when the Eagles played (I may be exaggerating a bit there).

Anyway, I went to a dog show last week and have my eye on getting a German Sheppard. I understand that either the European Breed or the American Bred Sheppard has hip problems (uncertain which). Beautiful dog; good protector.
Sorry to hear about your lab dude. My saddest days have been when my dogs have died.

Check to see if the parents of your new puppy are OFA certified before you buy.

This is for the hip dysplasia (sp?) that you were concerned about.