CFZ Comments regarding the Buffalo Beat Down!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How does this happen?
We basically dominated the Eagles last week, and the Eagles played Buffalo a couple weeks before and beat them! Physically you would think we would match up well vs Buffalo. The Eagles have arguably the best O line in football and our D line and backers played them well, but the Bills dominated the LOS on O and ran all over us. Why? Watching the replay, some of it had to do with our guys not playing their responsibility. As Belicheat once said, “do your job”. Our guys were not doing their individual job.

The QB sneak was telling: Allen gained at least 2 yards each time he tried it, while Dak dropped back to pass on 4th and 1 foot and got sacked! What is so dam complicated about the Tush Push. The key? Get off the ball quickly!!, then the O lineman get their head inches from the ground and drive their legs with their butts up. Don’t allow penetration. There is a slight slow down then the line starts moving bodies. We have 2 big powerful quards also.The push from behind helps too. Dak is just as big as Hurts and Allen. He should be really good at it.

Our O line blocked well for the run early in the game, but they seemed confused by the Bills stunts and Blitz’s when pass blocking. They seemed overmatched at times. They played Philly’s D line much better. Why? The Bills constantly had 6-7 guys at the LOS. The confused our guys more so than physically dominating them.

Dak was confused most of the night. They mixed coverages from snap to snap. Dak was getting our guys drilled constantly. CD was getting punished!

They had 3 long drives that continued because of Personnel Fouls! Lawrence and Smith made idiotic plays!!

Why do we EVER try to block a punt. The risk reward is NOT worth it. It is WAY harder to block a punt, than it is to run into the punter. Also, we have an excellent return man who is forced to call fair catches ALL the time because we can’t block the gunners with 1 guy! We need 2 guys on each gunner. Give Turpin a little room and he will make something happen.

It was inexcusable McCarthy did not throw the red flag on the fumble. Can’t a defensive player call timeout?

The defensive player who decked Dak the second time was laughing about it going back to the sideline.

Not specifically talking about this game but, NFL officiating is terrible. EVERYTHING should be reviewable!

Minor: If we struggle so bad when another team gets the lead, how come we didn’t take the ball first. Also, we knew the rain was coming we should have took the ball first.

This was a typical late season reality check. I am worried about Miami. They have a very smart coaching staff that can exploit the weaknesses we just demonstrated vs Buffalo.

We will need to run the ball to keep or D as fresh as possible.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How does this happen?
We basically dominated the Eagles last week, and the Eagles played Buffalo a couple weeks before and beat them! Physically you would think we would match up well vs Buffalo. The Eagles have arguably the best O line in football and our D line and backers played them well, but the Bills dominated the LOS on O and ran all over us. Why? Watching the replay, some of it had to do with our guys not playing their responsibility. As Belicheat once said, “do your job”. Our guys were not doing their individual job.

The QB sneak was telling: Allen gained at least 2 yards each time he tried it, while Dak dropped back to pass on 4th and 1 foot and got sacked! What is so dam complicated about the Tush Push. The key? Get off the ball quickly!!, then the O lineman get their head inches from the ground and drive their legs with their butts up. Don’t allow penetration. There is a slight slow down then the line starts moving bodies. We have 2 big powerful quards also.The push from behind helps too. Dak is just as big as Hurts and Allen. He should be really good at it.

Our O line blocked well for the run early in the game, but they seemed confused by the Bills stunts and Blitz’s when pass blocking. They seemed overmatched at times. They played Philly’s D line much better. Why? The Bills constantly had 6-7 guys at the LOS. The confused our guys more so than physically dominating them.

Dak was confused most of the night. They mixed coverages from snap to snap. Dak was getting our guys drilled constantly. CD was getting punished!

They had 3 long drives that continued because of Personnel Fouls! Lawrence and Smith made idiotic plays!!

Why do we EVER try to block a punt. The risk reward is NOT worth it. It is WAY harder to block a punt, than it is to run into the punter. Also, we have an excellent return man who is forced to call fair catches ALL the time because we can’t block the gunners with 1 guy! We need 2 guys on each gunner. Give Turpin a little room and he will make something happen.

It was inexcusable McCarthy did not throw the red flag on the fumble. Can’t a defensive player call timeout?

The defensive player who decked Dak the second time was laughing about it going back to the sideline.

Not specifically talking about this game but, NFL officiating is terrible. EVERYTHING should be reviewable!

Minor: If we struggle so bad when another team gets the lead, how come we didn’t take the ball first. Also, we knew the rain was coming we should have took the ball first.

This was a typical late season reality check. I am worried about Miami. They have a very smart coaching staff that can exploit the weaknesses we just demonstrated vs Buffalo.

Dak "looked bad" because our receivers struggled to get open all game long, plus our Oline was horrible in pass protection all game long. Dak was under pressure all game long. There were few pass plays where Dak was not under pressure. Substitute Amy other QB of liking with Dak during the Bills game, they would have "looked bad" and struggled as well for the very same reasons I just stated.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This was Buffalo's Super Bowl.
Dallas played uninspired.
3 TDs that were the result of penalties. Wrap your head around that.
12 Completely missed tackles.
Bills ran the edges all day long.
Very little WR separation.
Some bad throws.
WRs were playing Defense.
Buffalo's secondary was deadly.
Bills D-line feasted, it was embarrassing.
Communication on the road is trash.
We need Safeties playing the safety position.
We need Linebackers to play the linebacker position.
Low IQ penalties absolutely destroyed any ounce of hope to keep the game close.
Parsons hasn't gotten a holding call go his way since he was in the 8th grade.
Our running game is mediocre at best.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak "looked bad" because our receivers struggled to get open all game long, plus our Oline was horrible in pass protection all game long. Dak was under pressure all game long. There were few pass plays where Dak was not under pressure. Substitute Amy other QB of liking with Dak during the Bills game, they would have "looked bad" and struggled as well for the very same reasons I just stated.
Come on now, Dak had some really bad throws and the 1 INT. He's not entirely free of any blame.

I will agree with the 'under pressure' part, though. There were many times it looked like the o'line just stood up and let the defense run right past them. They were god awful. Overall, though, the entire team sucked butt, including Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does this happen?

There is 1 constant that has been in play for the last 8 seasons.
One player who under his leadership our team come playoff time cannot score enough points to take us further down the glory road.
The 2 SF games and regular season games vs teams with winning records/defenses continue to prove and verify the above.
Nothing changes till this bad apple is thrown in the garbage and ya he will like it as he loves garbage stats.
Now Jerry give this player a 60 million $ deal so our 28 years can become 35.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah....the good old "everyone but dak" routine.

Flamma

Reaction score
How does this happen?
Even teams that eventually go on to win the SB, they can have games like that during the regular season. The situations just happens to present itself. Everything seems to go wrong, the home team and crowd are pumped up. It snowballs.

Not everybody is Jimmy Johnson. But even those Cowboys had their hiccups during the regular season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Come on now, Dak had some really bad throws and the 1 INT. He's not entirely free of any blame.

I will agree with the 'under pressure' part, though. There were many times it looked like the o'line just stood up and let the defense run right past them. They were god awful. Overall, though, the entire team sucked butt, including Dak.
Dak overthrew Cooks deep early in the game. Yes, that was on Dak likely do to his adrenaline being too high so early in the game. He has done that in several games before settling down. As for his 4 bad throws, (which 3 could have been intercepted) they were forced because our receivers were not getting open all game long. Dak had to try to make something happen. Even the announcers kept saying how our receivers were struggling to get open all game long. Then add the fact how Dak was constantly under pressure since our Oline struggled badly to pass protect, well, that's why I say...how can anyone blame Dak for a bad performance when he wasn't getting any help from his teammates all game long? Now, if his Oline was giving Dak good protection and his receivers were getting open while Dak was simply not plating well, then absolutely blame Dak for such a bad performance, but that is not what happened against the Bills.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
How does this happen?

I agree with this, except that I cut McCarthy some slack on the red flag. The Bills ran the next play really quickly, and I don't think McCarthy had gotten any word from above that the play should be challenged, and I'm sure McCarthy didn't see the replay. He would have only seen the play in real time from the sidelines. From his POV, throwing the flag would have risked losing a timeout on a play that he did not know was called wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ah....the good old "everyone but dak" routine.
Refute my last statement. Show tape of it being Dak's fault for a bad performance. I dare you.

I expect you won't show anything as you never do because you've got no proof to back up your constant rants and blame game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Refute my last statement. Show tape of it being Dak's fault for a bad performance. I dare you.

I expect you won't show anything as you never do because you've got no proof to back up your constant rants and blame game.
I never said it was all daks fault for teams bad performance. Why are you demanding i prove something i never said?

Because your dak derangement syndrom leaves you insane, thats why.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
One thing that

Why is it that no one brings up the fact that Dallas is the most penalized team in the nfl. They have been for the last 3 years. Might that have a little something to do with it?They had chances to get back in the game then comes the freaking penalties at rhe worst times.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Forget it? Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

This is not an outlier its a pattern.
Point me to a team that hasn't played badly at some point this season, or hasn't lost a game this season, or has no issues within their coaching or 53 man roster this season. You can't because there isn't one. Not every defeat is a history lesson, it's just a defeat. Sometimes, a team plays really well and has a great gameplan and no injuries but still loses, its not definitive.