CFZ Comments regarding the Buffalo Beat Down!

catiii

Reaction score
Come on now, Dak had some really bad throws and the 1 INT. He's not entirely free of any blame.

I will agree with the 'under pressure' part, though. There were many times it looked like the o'line just stood up and let the defense run right past them. They were god awful. Overall, though, the entire team sucked butt, including Dak.
Dak had all the time in the world on the post early in the game and overthrew by a country mile.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We walked into a football game and there is no excuse not to be ready for it.
thats besides the point. We agree universally on that. The point is, why wouldnt the team be fully aware and be better prepared? I saw a lack of effort and focus. We were gonna lose, but I wanted to see more grit and fight. I saw a team that quit.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we did get out coached. Quinn went with speed and sacrificed size. a 205lb saftey is not going to be able to win too many battles against a 320lb guard. Quinn never adjusted. never dared them to throw. he played the same defense all game.
and there are no excuses for poor tackling at this point of the season. too many way too many missed tackles
True but Quinn has been putting a solid unit on the field for 2 seasons now, especially with the hot garbage he inherited.

I'm sure his plan was to limit big plays and force long drives believing our O was going to score at least 20+
Missing the big guy in the middle hurt.
Not to mention missing a great CB and a kid who'd be kicking bunns at LB by now.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
True but Quinn has been putting a solid unit on the field for 2 seasons now, especially with the hot garbage he inherited.

I'm sure his plan was to limit big plays and force long drives believing our O was going to score at least 20+
Missing the big guy in the middle hurt.
Not to mention missing a great CB and a kid who'd be kicking bunns at LB by now.
Quinn needed to sell out to stop the run.
The players are to blame to. They did not play their responsibilities.

We couldn’t even stop the Bills from running out the clock when everyone in the stadium knew they were running! Weak!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Point me to a team that hasn't played badly at some point this season, or hasn't lost a game this season, or has no issues within their coaching or 53 man roster this season. You can't because there isn't one. Not every defeat is a history lesson, it's just a defeat. Sometimes, a team plays really well and has a great gameplan and no injuries but still loses, its not definitive.
Are you a 1st year fan of the Cowboys?
This team has a history of late season collapses.
Hoping for the best, but NOT confident!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does this happen?
We basically dominated the Eagles last week, and the Eagles played Buffalo a couple weeks before and beat them! Physically you would think we would match up well vs Buffalo. The Eagles have arguably the best O line in football and our D line and backers played them well, but the Bills dominated the LOS on O and ran all over us. Why? Watching the replay, some of it had to do with our guys not playing their responsibility. As Belicheat once said, “do your job”. Our guys were not doing their individual job.

The QB sneak was telling: Allen gained at least 2 yards each time he tried it, while Dak dropped back to pass on 4th and 1 foot and got sacked! What is so dam complicated about the Tush Push. The key? Get off the ball quickly!!, then the O lineman get their head inches from the ground and drive their legs with their butts up. Don’t allow penetration. There is a slight slow down then the line starts moving bodies. We have 2 big powerful quards also.The push from behind helps too. Dak is just as big as Hurts and Allen. He should be really good at it.

Our O line blocked well for the run early in the game, but they seemed confused by the Bills stunts and Blitz’s when pass blocking. They seemed overmatched at times. They played Philly’s D line much better. Why? The Bills constantly had 6-7 guys at the LOS. The confused our guys more so than physically dominating them.

Dak was confused most of the night. They mixed coverages from snap to snap. Dak was getting our guys drilled constantly. CD was getting punished!

They had 3 long drives that continued because of Personnel Fouls! Lawrence and Smith made idiotic plays!!

Why do we EVER try to block a punt. The risk reward is NOT worth it. It is WAY harder to block a punt, than it is to run into the punter. Also, we have an excellent return man who is forced to call fair catches ALL the time because we can’t block the gunners with 1 guy! We need 2 guys on each gunner. Give Turpin a little room and he will make something happen.

It was inexcusable McCarthy did not throw the red flag on the fumble. Can’t a defensive player call timeout?

The defensive player who decked Dak the second time was laughing about it going back to the sideline.

Not specifically talking about this game but, NFL officiating is terrible. EVERYTHING should be reviewable!

Minor: If we struggle so bad when another team gets the lead, how come we didn’t take the ball first. Also, we knew the rain was coming we should have took the ball first.

This was a typical late season reality check. I am worried about Miami. They have a very smart coaching staff that can exploit the weaknesses we just demonstrated vs Buffalo.

We will need to run the ball to keep or D as fresh as possible.
Teams lose games, get over it.....many factors that average fans have no clue.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What is the point of writing all of this if you are going to just flat out lie about this lmao.
Didn’t he get sacked on 4th and 1? Maybe it was 3rd and 1?
My point was: Why not run the ball on 3rd or 4th and a foot. The blue print is out there how to do it. We have the Beef.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Didn’t he get sacked on 4th and 1? Maybe it was 3rd and 1?
My point was: Why not run the ball on 3rd or 4th and a foot. The blue print is out there how to do it. We have the Beef.
It was 3rd and 1 and they called a shot play when they knew they'd go for it on 4th and 1.

That's what every smart team does.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
39th year. What happened in any previous season has zero impact on this season.
What has happened this year, on the road, does give us some incite of what to expect against a good team on the road, UNLESS we make some major adjustments. Including stop making idiotic penalties!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Teams lose games, get over it.....many factors that average fans have no clue.
Can you explain it to me coach?

Teams that want to win Superbowls do not lose 3 games the way we have. Of course I hope we can turn it around( beat a good team on the road in the playoffs ), but I am not confident.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
There is 1 constant that has been in play for the last 8 seasons.
One player who under his leadership our team come playoff time cannot score enough points to take us further down the glory road.
The 2 SF games and regular season games vs teams with winning records/defenses continue to prove and verify the above.
Nothing changes till this bad apple is thrown in the garbage and ya he will like it as he loves garbage stats.
Now Jerry give this player a 60 million $ deal so our 28 years can become 35.
Why stop at 8 years when you can go back nearly 30, and see the same results?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It was 3rd and 1 and they called a shot play when they knew they'd go for it on 4th and 1.

That's what every smart team does.
My problem is to often we get cute on 3rd and especially 4th and 1.
Get really good at the QB sneak and pound the ball. Philly is not the only team that has mastered the QB sneak. Brady and Steve Young’s teams were also extremely good at it. They almost never got stopped.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Everyone was bad, including Dak, especially Dak. He was inaccurate, he was indecisive, and he took bad sacks. You don’t end up with less than 85 yards of offense through three quarters without terrible QB play.

Good news is he has the opportunity to put it behind him quickly.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you explain it to me coach?

Teams that want to win Superbowls do not lose 3 games the way we have. Of course I hope we can turn it around( beat a good team on the road in the playoffs ), but I am not confident.
I can tell you this, there are many factors that go into a game. We don't have the defensive personnel to stop a running game...we don't have a big back to get the tough yards and we have a spoiled group of players that are not disciplined.