Commitment to the Run

fivetwos

Reaction score
I just told just last year the bucs never abandoned the run....even when they needed to score in the last minutes.
Nfl hasnt changed as much as you are trying so hard to believe. We couldnt stop the run last year and got our....behinds....handed to us.

the run gane is still important.
All fine, and I'm not here to argue. It's just tough to reference Emmitt Smith as an example of what's going on today in general.

One game may be different, but generally speaking, I've seen many teams abandon the run lately, even when it was working. They can't seem to help themselves....and the rules tantalize that.

Philly was one of the best running teams in the league last year, and we were meh at best in defending it......yet they barely bothered with it at all in the game in Sep. One small example.

tm1119

Reaction score
I just told just last year the bucs never abandoned the run....even when they needed to score in the last minutes.
Nfl hasnt changed as much as you are trying so hard to believe. We couldnt stop the run last year and got our....behinds....handed to us.

the run gane is still important.

The Bucs are the antithesis of your argument. They had the lowest run % of any team in the nfl last year. Brady won games by throwing the ball 65% of the time. And the rams weren’t too far behind at 59% passing rate.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing players and coaches from this team say that we're going to and we need to run the ball more etc etc. Ok SHUT UP and make it happen!!

Just because the running game doesn't get you 20 yards each play, doesn't mean it's time to abandon it! It's time to focus heavy on the running game and be committed to it. Stop with all the talking and wishing, please give me your thoughts!!!
I would like a better run game.
I think we need to improve the OL to make it happen.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All fine, and I'm not here to argue. It's just tough to reference Emmitt Smith as an example of what's going on today in general.

One game may be different, but generally speaking, I've seen many teams abandon the run lately, even when it was working. They can't seem to help themselves....and the rules tantalize that.

Philly was one of the best running teams in the league last year, and we were meh at best in defending it......yet they barely bothered with it at all in the game in Sep. One small example.
I didnt just mention emmitt. Go back and watch bucs cowboys game. Why would brady handoff to fournette so late in a soon to be game eon drive if he didnt respect yhe importance of it.
You say he can just pass his way down on modern nfl.....yet he didnt.

And maybe the bucs didnt lead the league in runs....but it was used and respected....even with a goat qb.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Nobody has that ability. If they did the Titans would have 2 rings by now.
titans do this and can't get past the post season either... we need a balance and that also means Dak putting up 4-6 carries for about 30 or so yards - that is enough to get us a W

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing players and coaches from this team say that we're going to and we need to run the ball more etc etc. Ok SHUT UP and make it happen!!

Just because the running game doesn't get you 20 yards each play, doesn't mean it's time to abandon it! It's time to focus heavy on the running game and be committed to it. Stop with all the talking and wishing, please give me your thoughts!!!

zeke couldn’t even get us 3 yards against SF.

we also don’t abandon the run

Nav22

Reaction score
Anemic Zeke had 6 carries for 12 yards in the 1st half of the playoff game vs SF, finishing with 12-31.

Anemic Zeke had fewer than 4.0 YPC in 8 of his last 10 games.

You want a better run game? Give the ball to a better runner.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Run blocking doesn’t improve without lots of repetition.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're not the Titans, we're not the Ravens. No run heavy team is winning the SB. All we need is to be able to run well enough for balance.
We don't have any balance at all.

We have people that think our #2 is BETTER than the guy who won 2 rushing titles his first three years. And the reason it wasn;t three is because GODells' feud with Jerry.

If people think our #2 is BETTER than THAT...then why shouldn't we have a FEARED fearsome running game?

Because our coaches no longer know how to have a feared run game let alone a balanced one.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anemic Zeke had 6 carries for 12 yards in the 1st half of the playoff game vs SF, finishing with 12-31.

Another hater. He thinks Pollard is a "better runner" because tony doesn;t have to block defensive lineman and linebackers all game long and gets to run the ball in the flats away from our stupid oline.

I wish Dallas Cowboys didn;t have idiots for fans.

I like Tony Pollard. We have a GREAT tandem running backs. They do different things and excel at different things. This isn't a competition, This is a TEAM. It's time we act like it.

Havic

Reaction score
How about just committing to running the ball well? Zeke up the middle for 2 yards gets old.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about just committing to running the ball well? Zeke up the middle for 2 yards gets old.
That is moore's run game. Run it up the middle on a couple delay handoffs where our center gets pushed into our QB.

Then act like our run game sucks and go to NCAA Mountain West Passing game. And we got fans that blame Zeke for it.

Havic

Reaction score
That is moore's run game. Run it up the middle on a couple delay handoffs where our center gets pushed into our QB.

Then act like our run game sucks and got to NCAA Mountain West Passing game. And we got fans that blame Zeke for it.

Zeke had no business playing after the injury. Should have been Pollard's show until Zeke recovered, but for whatever reason we kept using Zeke. I am not sure how much of this Moore, seems more like a Jerry move to me.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We were committed to running the ball problem was we were more committed to making an injured guy try and do it rather than letting the healthy guy do it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Zeke had a PCL injury.

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke had a PCL injury.
And yet he was healthy enough to get 18 carries the week before the playoffs in a meaningless game... just so he could hit 1,000 yards for the season.

So he either sucks, or he’s a selfish me-first guy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And yet he was healthy enough to get 18 carries the week before the playoffs in a meaningless game... just so he could hit 1,000 yards for the season.

So he either sucks, or he’s a selfish me-first guy.
He’s a warrior and the team loves him.