Twitter: Comp picks announced

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm thinking they can even trade down into the teens or later and load up on even more picks. If a quarterback slides to Dallas' spot some team could get antsy and give them a lot to move up. If all goes right the Cowboys could own the first four rounds.
I totally agree. Now that Dak is signed there is no need for that 10 unless Sewell falls. Trade down. They should have 6 picks in the first 100.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, those comp picks will be put to good use. Let's see if our FO breaks their routine to take anything better than tier 3 vet FAs. ;)

eastsideboy

Reaction score
too bad you know about as much about football as you do everything else- NOTHING!
You forget it's his job to turn every thread into a DAK thread if this thread was about to rotation of the sun they would turn it into a dak thread

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm thinking they can even trade down into the teens or later and load up on even more picks. If a quarterback slides to Dallas' spot some team could get antsy and give them a lot to move up. If all goes right the Cowboys could own the first four rounds.

I'm on Team Trade Back big time. I could see trading back out of the first entirely. We need multiple bodes at every position group but DE.

Maybe things change some. Cut Jaylon, sign a free agent or two. If ET goes anywhere, we would seem like a top possibility.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hopefully, those comp picks will be put to good use. Let's see if our FO breaks their routine to take anything better than tier 3 vet FAs. ;)

Given cap shrinkage, spending in FA makes much more sense than usual if you can raise the cap, and we're already restructuring multiple players. Probably a hint.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm moving up for the best players of need, based on FA. I'm sure I'll be lectured on BPA not player of need, but I'm taking at least a DT, FS, LB, OT and CB, minimum. To get several potential starters will be wonderful.
I agree if it plays out that way but it seems like when teams get cute and trade....it ends up bad....Cowboys have done a good job in later rounds...not so much luck in the first round doing it though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This yr should be trade back in round 1 unless theres a game changer at 10 and trade up in every other round to land your guy.
With all the quarterbacks coming off the board and linemen...we should have our choice of the best defensive player in the draft.

Brax

Reaction score
BUt but but we cant fix the defense because we paid Dak. wah wah wah
They have a great draft record, How many Taco's, Tristen's and Jaylon's get drafted this year? Another one who drafts the 85 bears defense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't mind that strategy at all. this year's draft will be wild and there is a lot of good players to be found in middle rounds, given it was a shortened NCAA season and many players opted out, so didn't get evaluated properly. the only way I would want to stay at 10, if there is a franchise, potential HOFer, elite player available.......if that happens to be pitts, then I would still consider trading down, because the value of that 10th pick goes up really high

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere brother, I've been here since 1969 and god willing I'll be here for another championship long after you leave when Dak is gone.
I was here for Aikman, then lived thru the Carter, Leaf, Bledsoe years. I aint going anywhere. What will you do if and when Dak wins a championship for us? Give everyone credit but him? Probably.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dude serious? How many years do we put ourselves through this? We are not a good drafting team!!! We stopped winning super bowls when Jerry stopped getting the great big time FA’s
Ummm. Im pretty sure the cowboys have been one of the best drafting teams (offense) since Wade Phillips was fired. I dont know the number but we have drafted quite a few pro bowlers and all pros.