CFZ Comparing Brandin Cooks to OBJ

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We have a legit#1. Didn’t need to sign another one. What we have now are legit 1 ,2 and 3.
We need to be able to produce points if Lamb gets injured.

Last year would have been over the minute Lamb went down, same with Pollard.

Now we need to draft a back and id say maybe try to pull someone like Shampklin back from Indy.

I would have liked to have seen Ollison against San Fran. He just never got his shot here.

Davis also got shafted.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
One is a talented head case. The other is a non needle mover. Nobody cares. Both are inferior to DeAndre Hopkins.
Hopkins had that suspension for PEDs tho..like our old RT. The pressure for him to perform might be too high for him to resist.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We should bring Hilton back, imo. He never really got any momentum.
Productive per game, per target, and likely *very* productive per snaps and route run. He got maybe a 3rd of snaps.

Some of his problem is that he played in 2 of Dak's stinkiest games.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
The acquisition for WR Brandin Cooks is another good off-season move for the Cowboys. We got him for essentially 5th and 6th round picks, and Hou has apparently agreed to pay a chunk of Cooks’ salary next year. Cooks is a consistently solid receiver who came into the league the same time as Beckham. (I wanted to compare him with OBJ because of all the talk about getting Beckham this off-season)

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

AgeReceptionsYardsTDsYds per Rec.Yds per game

Odell Beckham, Jr.

Some quick comparisons outside of stats-
  • Cooks is a little younger than Beckham by less than a year. (He was younger entering the draft)
  • Cooks is about an inch shorter
  • Beckham was faster coming into the league.
  • Cooks is considered a dependable route runner with great hands.
  • Cooks has been more durable than Beckham.
This is a very good acquisition!
Funny that we’d get Cooks and Gilmore. I think Goff threw a pass to Cooks in the end zone that was picked off by Gilmore when the Rams lost to the Patriots in the SB.

A 5th, 6th, and $12MM is fine if he and Dak can get a little chemistry going. Should take some heat off of Lamb as well. No idea how fast Cooks still is, but he had loads of speed earlier in his career. Didn’t watch many Texans games, but the trade looks good on paper.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon @Risen Star ...WYA? You're gonna pout over this because it's not Hopkins?

We got Cooks for a 5th...
I wanted a bigger swing. Really going for it. Which is what Hopkins would represent. Or Wagner, for that matter.

Cooks is obviously worth the pick but I don't think he moves the needle. I've seen Prescott fail with better starting WRs than he'll have this year. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup > Lamb, Cooks, Gallup.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I Love the Cook trade. No drama like OBJ would of brought in. Good job,Jerry and company!!

quickccc

Reaction score
OJ is coming off ACL injury... Cooks is not.

If Heath is not a factor, Cooks is not on OBJ's level

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We need to be able to produce points if Lamb gets injured.

Last year would have been over the minute Lamb went down, same with Pollard.

Now we need to draft a back and id say maybe try to pull someone like Shampklin back from Indy.

I would have liked to have seen Ollison against San Fran. He just never got his shot here.

Davis also got shafted.
Check out Kendre Miller from TCU, yes I am biased but depending on where he goes in the draft very good RB to pair with Pollard.

silvernblu

Reaction score
The acquisition for WR Brandin Cooks is another good off-season move for the Cowboys. We got him for essentially 5th and 6th round picks, and Hou has apparently agreed to pay a chunk of Cooks’ salary next year. Cooks is a consistently solid receiver who came into the league the same time as Beckham. (I wanted to compare him with OBJ because of all the talk about getting Beckham this off-season)

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

Odell Beckham, Jr.

• Cooks is a little younger than Beckham by less than a year. (He was younger entering the draft)
Who has more one hand behind the back catches vs the Cowboys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

STAT COMPARISON
Brandin Cooks

Odell Beckham, Jr.

You’re leaving out the most important feature. Cooks is a team player. Obj is a self centered, prima Dona, head case that is always injured.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OBJ—videos featuring a blunt, cocaine, and a stripper - 1
Cooks—videos featuring a blunt, cocaine, and a stripper - 0

OBJ—weird video on a plane passed out - 1
Cooks—weird video on a plane passed out - 0

OBJ—odd pictures on a boat in boots - 1
Cooks—odd pictures on a boat in boots - 0

OBJ—odd interaction with a kicking net - several
Cooks—odd interaction with a kicking net - 0