Comparing Kellen Moore to other NFC OCs

Dre11

Reaction score
I guess it was a coincidence that 2 of the greatest TD makers of all time were in a Norv Turner ran offense during their prime. 2 different types of backs at that.
He had 4 big time seasons with out Norv. Norv was there in 2001 LT rookie season, then replaced, until being hired as HC in 2007
A pro bowler in 2002,2004,2005,2006 without Norv

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He had 4 big time seasons with out Norv. Norv was there in 2001 LT rookie season, then replaced, until being hired as HC in 2007
Like I said a coincidence....by chance.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Even further. Norv is not a good OC. Not even sure why I even got into this coversation

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s funny when I see young people mention “ entire life” ..like its is a long time? Lol
I'm 65 LOL I'm in better shape than most people. My family is military. So I know what it is to train and be around it for a long time. Kellen Moore his father was a coach his family lives football. So yes

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So has just about every coach in football. That's not some differentiating trait for Kellen Moore.
I think you would be wrong. Just cuz you haven't done it doesn't mean you can't do it. That's the point .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's only one way to learn time management and that is to actually do it. And that's what head coaching is about putting a stuff together so you can concentrate on field time management.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have no idea what the results are going to be. I tend to look at the positive side. The intelligence that Kellen Moore possesses.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again without norv. I'd say he was good even without him
But better with him, just like Emmitt.

Coaches can't create talent, they exploit it. That he can take yours and beat his and vice versa really only applies to a small handful of coaches.

Every time I saw the interaction between Linehan and players on the sideline, the players did not look into it. Players understand the true meaning of coaching, putting the player into his best position to be successful and effective for his team. Did he do that in ATL with Chaz Green or allow that player to be singled out and humiliated? That didn't affect just Green but every player on that team that saw him sacrificed to the media and his career, for all practical purposes, over as a Cowboy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm 65 LOL I'm in better shape than most people. My family is military. So I know what it is to train and be around it for a long time. Kellen Moore his father was a coach his family lives football. So yes
I wasn’t referring to you. Your post just spurred my thought. I hear a lot of young people use that phrase. It just seems funny to me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Coaches can't create talent, they exploit it. That he can take yours and beat his and vice versa really only applies to a small handful of coaches.

Every time I saw the interaction between Linehan and players on the sideline, the players did not look into it. Players understand the true meaning of coaching, putting the player into his best position to be successful and effective for his team. Did he do that in ATL with Chaz Green or allow that player to be singled out and humiliated? That didn't affect just Green but every player on that team that saw him sacrificed to the media and his career, for all practical purposes, over as a Cowboy.
That situation and lack of adjustments was on the talent too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That situation and lack of adjustments was on the talent too.
They are not responsible for adjustments, the coaching staff is and they, obviously, didn't have a contingency plan for replacing an All Pro LT with a guy that hadn't played that in the NFL. Aikman called it after watching him for one play, "they've got to get him some help". That's only going to happen with direction from coaching. And they didn't do anything until the second half and the game was gone.

The incompetent preparation and lack of a contingency plan did the Falcons the favor of firing up the home crowd in a must win game. BTW, like the way I worked "must win" into a post in May? Damn, I'm good, I own "must win".

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They are not responsible for adjustments, the coaching staff is and they, obviously, didn't have a contingency plan for replacing an All Pro LT with a guy that hadn't played that in the NFL. Aikman called it after watching him for one play, "they've got to get him some help". That's only going to happen with direction from coaching. And they didn't do anything until the second half and the game was gone.

The incompetent preparation and lack of a contingency plan did the Falcons the favor of firing up the home crowd in a must win game. BTW, like the way I worked "must win" into a post in May? Damn, I'm good, I own "must win".
Your telling me Dak doesn’t have any responsibility if he knows the pressure is coming?

Daks indecisiveness was part of the problem after the fact and played into that bad situation.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol...Emmitt and the o-line combination was great, didnt take much for that group. LT was a stud and pretty much consistent play throughout his career.

Dre11

Reaction score

Chaz had just shown he could handle the position in previous games for T. Smith. The coaches while they could've benched him(for who) or given him more help sooner, they've said that, they also felt he would work out of it. Even when they did give help they still had trouble on that side.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chaz had just shown he could handle the position in previous games for T. Smith. The coaches while they could've benched him(for who) or given him more help sooner, they've said that, they also felt he would work out of it. Even when they did give help they still had trouble on that side.

That's the thing fans conveniently forget. Chaz had filled in for Tyron Smith a few times the year before and had played well, but fans choose to believe there was never any reason to think Chaz could be a solid backup.

Dre11

Reaction score
That's the thing fans conveniently forget. Chaz had filled in for Tyron Smith a few times the year before and had played well, but fans choose to believe there was never any reason to think Chaz could be a

Exactly,

Anything to place blame

Dre11

Reaction score
What folks forget is this isn't Moore by himself, he has Kitna, the TE coach(whose been a coordinator), Brown, and Garrett.