Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by ksg811, Feb 27, 2018.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,221 Messages
    3,667 Likes Received
    And like that Romo misses his Super Bowl, I knew he was a SB QB!

2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,111 Messages
    12,037 Likes Received
    Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda. Thanks NFL. Most “real” fans, and I mean real fans, knew it was a catch outside “the world is flat” morons.

3. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

13,184 Messages
    13,587 Likes Received
    We all knew they would eventually do this.

4. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,111 Messages
    12,037 Likes Received
    It’s a damn conspiracy, shame.

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,923 Messages
    30,220 Likes Received
    Hell, I thought 5 minutes on a review was bad.

6. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

3,101 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Do you think the Ertz catch and the Dez play were identical too?

7. MarcusRock

3,101 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    True. That's why I say if there's a rule change, make it something that can be easily determined that still accounts for as many possible situations as they can. Changing it because it's "too hard to understand" is not a good reason, IMO. But a business has to cater to its average consumer so dumb it down, y'all, dumb it down!

8. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

8,166 Messages
    10,869 Likes Received
    Way to go back on what I posted. They are talking about the rule WHEN Dez caught it. You are wrong and its amazing to me you keep trying to prove your point when the competition committee is now telling you that all of your crap and explanations were wrong. And I think they both weren't catches. Regardless of him crossing the plane. Otherwise Megatrons catch should have been one as well. Same as Jesse James. I don't care about the rule at all to be honest. I care about how inconsistently it is called. Let me guess you think the Clement catch was a touchdown too right?

Robbieac likes this.
  9. Americas Team1960

Americas Team1960 Member

20 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Mr_C, CowboyStar88 and Boyzmamacita like this.
  10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

15,020 Messages
    12,747 Likes Received
    Duh

RGV_C_Los, Mr_C and Direwolf63 like this.
  11. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

21,606 Messages
    13,745 Likes Received
    Not sure where you got that from what I said. I'm saying the league blew the call in at least two aspects — overturning the ruling on the field without sufficient evidence and Dez reaching for the goal line, constituting a football move — and Blandino rubbed salt in the wound by defending that poor officiating instead of just admitting the mistake that the competition committee is acknowledging now.

12. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

38,887 Messages
    11,050 Likes Received
    But all the Anti-Romo and Anti-Dez trolls said he dropped it ......... heck a troll posted just today that he dropped it.

13. MarcusRock

3,101 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Great. Then show me a quote from someone among the "they" versus this reporter reporting on what "they" allegedly said.

Direct quote from the committee?

Wait, what?

The Clement catch could have been ruled a catch, because by rule:

Note: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

14. MarcusRock

3,101 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Wow, y'all. Can you actually read that article, not just the freakin' headline, and show me anywhere in that sensationalized piece where the NFL "admitted" they got those calls wrong? Then go back to what I explained in my post and tell me if it isn't happening exactly like I said. Can people not deduce fact from slant? The media counts on this and it's why they'll never be out of business. Ever.

15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

72,705 Messages
    26,669 Likes Received
    Please stop the name calling and personal attacks.

I understand that many have spent time and an invested interest in your arguments over a period of time on this topic but please remain civil with dealing with others of an opposing view on this topic.

If you find that you cannot do so, please walk away from this thread and or topic before you get yourself in trouble.

16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

7,996 Messages
    11,914 Likes Received
    This is what I am wondering it too. We're taking a tweet from a person and drawing conclusions. I read the tweet thinking they reviewed the plays again, determined they want to those types of plays to be catches instead of incomplete passes (so they SHOULD BE catches) and now have to modify to rules to ensure they are catches in the future. I don't read the tweet thinking the call was wrong at the time. Of course, I could be wrong but will hold out until further clarification comes along.

17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

72,705 Messages
    26,669 Likes Received

Per the article...

The NFL competition committee appears to have unanimous agreement that controversial catch rulings involving Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson should have been ruled complete, according to Giants owner John Mara. So the committee is working on changing the rule to relax the "going to the ground" requirement.

Mr_C, CowboyStar88, DFWJC and 6 others like this.
  18. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,387 Messages
    8,601 Likes Received
    So I was right it was a catch

Mr_C, Boyzmamacita and Bleedblue1111 like this.
  19. MarcusRock

3,101 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Right. So where's the direct quote from Mara? All I hear are "summaries." Note the word "appears" in that sentence. Not definitive from where I sit.

If you "appear" to kill someone by witness account and there's no evidence or a "yeah, I killed him" admission from you, should you be convicted and sentenced?

20. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

11,708 Messages
    4,647 Likes Received
    I will just happy if they go back to common sense of people watching football, not some made up formula for what a catch is!

Bleedblue1111 likes this.