Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I find it “numerous” the only person getting emotional here is you.
I'm done. My reply to you was deleted. I guess pointless typing mistake attacks are fine, but replies are not.

Guess it's time to leave this fun behind.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Prepare for he did not regain balance, gather, or lunge because that is the only way to end Item 1, regardless of what Blandino himself said about the Thomas catch.
Seat belt securely fastened. Tray table in original upright and locked position.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You notice how when they can't misrepresent the rules, can't insult us freely, can't twist what we write, and can't add factual support for their claims, that they storm off with an I'm taking my ball and going home post?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cite a rule saying so.

Video explanations have been posted numerous times and you don’t understand any of them. You claimed Dez wasn’t even going to the ground. That’s an example of how lost you are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm done. My reply to you was deleted. I guess pointless typing mistake attacks are fine, but replies are not.

Can’t blame you it’s pointless going any further. Nothing but a waste of time and this thread will eventually get turned sideways like they all do.

nathanlt

Reaction score
So, it's your contention that Sheilds was running and jumping identical to how Dez was - steps the same, jumping at exactly the same point in time, and at the same trajectory, and same velocity and same path, and same height and at the same angle and with the same body lean and turn in the air as Dez, and therefore their bodies would have to have landed exactly the same way, and that the only explanation for them not is that Dez was in full control?

Have you ever played a sport?

There is a reason Dez was able to get the ball with 2 hands and all Sheilds could do was reach back and swipe at it with one hand. Dez made an adjustment before and during the jump that Sheilds did not. The timing of their jumps were different. Their paths to the ball were different. Their steps were different. Sheilds was running ahead of Dez, thus why he reached back to swipe at the ball while Dez was reaching forward to get the ball. And look at the landing - Dez landed on his left foot and Sheilds landed on his right, which also affected how they each fell. Bottom line is Sheilds movements were not identical to Dez's, therefore it's ridiculous to suggest they should have fallen in exactly the same way.

Hell, their landings were dramatically different anyway. Any slight difference in running jumping, reaching for the ball, body positioning etc can account for that difference.

It's hilarious how you describe football moves all over the place, but deny that they took place at the same time.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Video explanations have been posted numerous times and you don’t understand any of them. You claimed Dez wasn’t even going to the ground. That’s an example of how lost you are.
What part of he was not going to the ground until...did you miss?

Outright lying about what I posted...and just an FYI, video explanations are not rule citations.
You are also the last one of the Blandino Boys still saying going to the ground trumps everything and nothing can stop it. Everyone else has admitted that they were incorrect about that.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

My reply to your reply was deleted. So you don’t have to go all martyr on me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What part of he was not going to the ground until...did you miss?

Outright lying about what I posted...and just an FYI, video explanations are not rule citations.
You are also the last one of the Blandino Boys still saying going to the ground trumps everything and nothing can stop it. Everyone else has admitted that they were incorrect about that.

You said Dez wasn’t going to the ground that Sheilds caused him to go down which still counts as going to the ground. Dez’s momentum was taking him to the ground and you continue to deny it along with everything else.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You said Dez wasn’t going to the ground that Sheilds caused him to go down which still counts as going to the ground. Dez’s momentum was taking him to the ground and you continue to deny it along with everything else.
You know this how? At the time of contact he had his right foot on the ground his upper body was still upright, and his left foot was nearly on the ground. Remove Shields taking his right leg out, and you have no way of knowing if he'd be able to keep his feet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You know this how? At the time of contact he had his right foot on the ground his upper body was still upright, and his left foot was nearly on the ground. Remove Shields taking his right leg out, and you have no way of knowing if he'd be able to keep his feet.

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would have never been able to keep his footing battling Sheilds for that ball. All his concentration was on winning that battle and his momentum/body lean was clearly taking him to the ground. Rarely do you ever see a receiver maintain their footing and stay upright in that situation. They’re falling and can’t maintain their balance/footing. You’re grabbing for every straw you can to keep this going.

blindzebra

Reaction score
There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would have never been able to keep his footing battling Sheilds for that ball. All his concentration was on winning that battle and his momentum/body lean was clearly taking him to the ground. Rarely do you ever see a receiver maintain their footing and stay upright in that situation. They’re falling and can’t maintain their balance/footing. You’re grabbing for every straw you can to keep this going.
Percy had a play where he had even more body lean and he walked in for a TD, I am sure he will post it @percyhoward

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Percy had a play where he had even more body lean and he walked in for a TD, I am sure he will post it @percyhoward

He can post whatever video he wants but I can assure you Dez wasn’t falling to the ground like he was on this play. I don’t even need to see the video to know I’ll be right.

blindzebra

Reaction score
He can post whatever video he wants but I can assure you Dez wasn’t falling to the ground like he was on this play. I don’t even need to see the video to know I’ll be right.
I did not need this post to know you'd say that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I did not need this post to know you'd say that.

I’ve seen plenty of receivers stay on their feet and continue to run despite their body lean but not when they’re falling to the ground after battling a defender in the air. No receiver regardless how gifted can defy gravity. Body lean can be overcome but not when someone is stumbling/falling to the ground. Once gravity and momentum take over you’re going down. Dez knew he was falling which caused him to lunge and reach for the endzone.

Last edited:

nathanlt

Reaction score
Last edited:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Here is the back angle
DezGif.gif
You can clearly see Dez is almost upright when Shields kicks out his right leg and that what sent him falling.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Here is the back angle
DezGif.gif
You can clearly see Dez is almost upright when Shields kicks out his right leg and that what sent him falling.

Yep, he was tripped AFTER his second step, and still got a third step in there.