Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here's the picture where Dez scored standing up. Now, you've admitted that you don't care what the evidence is, so you'll twist these photos to whatever you want them to be, KJJ

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-d...y-in-2014-merged.396223/page-106#post-7914067

and this, which you've already posted to directly. But photos and video don't deter you from what you've predetermined.

I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

Dez doesn’t have a defender near him in that picture and you can’t see if his feet ever left the ground to make the catch. That picture proves absolutely nothing. To make a comparison we need the video. Dez is leaning to the side in that picture, not falling forward. You need to do a lot better than that. lol

nathanlt

Reaction score
One more thing, KJJ. I've seen the Benny Barnes play, because I've heard about how agonizing that call was. It occurred to me, that Shields did pretty much the same thing to Dez that Barnes did to Lynn Swan. So if that standard for Barnes in the Steelers/ Cowboys game were applied to this Cowboys/Packers game, its Dallas ball at the 3 yard line.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope Percy posts that video because it’s not going to be remotely similar to the play in Green Bay.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One more thing, KJJ. I've seen the Benny Barnes play, because I've heard about how agonizing that call was. It occurred to me, that Shields did pretty much the same thing to Dez that Barnes did to Lynn Swan. So if that standard for Barnes in the Steelers/ Cowboys game were applied to this Cowboys/Packers game, its Dallas ball at the 3 yard line.

Dez and Sheilds were both playing the ball. There isn’t anything similar to that play and the Benny Barnes/Lynn Swann play....nothing!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
this might sound dumb...but till this day...i still dont think the ball touches the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
this might sound dumb...but till this day...i still dont think the ball touches the ground.

Yeah, that does sound dumb.

B1eUB3.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

What happened with Barnes and Swann was incidental contact which wasn’t around back then. That play resulted in a rule change. That wouldn’t be a PI today.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Dez and Sheilds were both playing the ball. There isn’t anything similar to that play and the Benny Barnes/Lynn Swann play....nothing!

Barnes and Swann were playing the ball. Barnes tripped Swann.

Shields and Dez were playing the ball. Shields tripped Dez.

In my view, neither play should have been called pass interference.

nathanlt

Reaction score
What happened with Barnes and Swann was incidental contact which wasn’t around back then. That play resulted in a rule change. That wouldn’t be a PI today.

Those rulebooks are nowhere to be found, I'm sure, so I'll take your word for it. That's where incidental contact came from, huh?

It's a real mystery to me why you are adamant that the Barnes pass interference is a horrific con job, and the Dez catch being taken away is not a horrific con job. Why?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Barnes and Swann were playing the ball. Barnes tripped Swann.

Shields and Dez were playing the ball. Shields tripped Dez.

In my view, neither play should have been called pass interference.

Dez made the catch and his momentum took him into Sheilds causing Sheilds to fall. You’re reading and seeing what you want in that play.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Dez made the catch and his momentum took him into Sheilds causing Sheilds to fall. You’re reading and seeing what you want in that play.

So, despite looking at the video, you don't see Shields tripping Dez after the second step, causing Dez to have an awkward third step?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those rulebooks are nowhere to be found, I'm sure, so I'll take your word for it. That's where incidental contact came from, huh?

It's a real mystery to me why you are adamant that the Barnes pass interference is a horrific con job, and the Dez catch being taken away is not a horrific con job. Why?

Take my word for it incidental contact wasn’t around for that SB. The NFL admitted no foul should have been called and the following season the incidental contact rule came into affect. The NFL confirmed the Dez overturn was correct under contract the rule.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So, despite looking at the video, you don't see Shields tripping Dez after the second step, causing Dez to have an awkward third step?

I see Dez falling into Sheilds and any so called trip wasn’t intentional as both players were trying to make a play on the ball. No one that I’ve seen is saying anything about Sheilds tripping Dez. Some of you are just reaching for anything and everything.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I see Dez falling into Sheilds and any so called trip wasn’t intentional as both players were trying to make a play on the ball. No one that I’ve seen is saying anything about Sheilds tripping Dez. Some of you are just reaching for anything and everything.

Dez was going to the ground one way or another, with or without contact. I could listen to some legalese about tap dancing 100 times while falling to muddy up the rule, but any attempt to claim he could regain balance on that play is where I would draw the line of being reasonable.

kskboys

Reaction score
It sounds really dummm. Sorry, dude, but are you thinking that all the video available showing the ball on the ground is all doctored?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sheilds foot came up at the very end after Dez caught the ball and both players were falling. There was no intentional trip by Sheilds or this would have come up in all the analysis of the play. It’s never been brought up here until now because some are looking for something new to argue about. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Some on this board think it was staged. No joke! Check the OT section. That gives you an idea what you’re dealing with here.

I'm going to stop asking people if they can get any dumber. They seem to be taking it as a challenge.