Twitter: Competition Committee says Dez caught it **merged**

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We discussed this in the other thread and the rule was not changed the following year. Your statement in bold actually agrees with this.

What are you talking about? They edited the language of the rule in 2015 after the Dez catch to remove "football move" and change it to "clearly a runner."

Here's a link to that: https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/7/24/9029799/nfl-dez-bryant-catch-rule-re-write-confusing

If you are unwilling to even acknowledge this, then I'm done with you because you are in complete denial of reality.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Of course they're not saying it was the wrong call, which is what I said waaaaaay back on Page 2 but emotion is rolling now, lol:

"The competition committee is currently reviewing the rule. If they are indeed leaning towards revising the rule to take away the going to the ground requirements, then those controversial catches would be catches under any revised rule that would take away the going to the ground requirement. The reporter here is obviously playing on the uninformed outrage from fans who think all those plays should have been catches but were not under the rules at the time."

You’re still at it?

Let it go. You were wrong on an Internet forum. It’s not the end of the world.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Please dude, we’ve all seen it and if you’re being unbiased you know what it was. Hitch could have been called for more plenty more on that play, he commited about 3 different forms of PI.

Point being, it was 3 years ago and if it was the other way around I guarantee there would still be 100 page threads on it, like the Dez call, of people whining and crying about it. Don’t forget to throw in the obligatory conspiracy theory along with it. I wonder if Lions fans are this bad?

No ........ right when the ball was snapped Pettigrew had Hitchins by the facemask ....... if YOU were unbiased you would understand why the refs basically made it a no call ......

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The article clearly says it SHOULD have been a catch. And that they need to clear it all up so it IS a catch. Not that is WAS a catch. I'm not sure why so many ignore this.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's like when the old lady in the electric wheel chair is dead and keeps running into the wall over and over before finally going off the proverbial rails and banging through the doors into the room full of fire lol.

That is what this feels like lol
Complete with the tongue hanging out all crazy, lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Quote from Mara in 2015:

"I think it was probably the right call technically, according to the language that was in the rule book, but I really think we need to look at that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...g-dez-bryant-catch-reversal-article-1.2078178

Gee, look. Mara was saying it should have been a catch then but probably technically correct according to the language in the rules.

Lay off the emotion wafers, people.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The article clearly says it SHOULD have been a catch. And that they need to clear it all up so it IS a catch. Not that is WAS a catch. I'm not sure why so many ignore this.

The funny part is the people who aren't comprehending what is actually being said are the ones who think the others are stupid. Always seems to work that way for whatever reason. I don't mind a difference of opinion, but at least comprehend the point you are disagreeing with.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Emotion. Once it gets rolling, you cannot stop it, you can only hope to contain it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's like when the old lady in the electric wheel chair is dead and keeps running into the wall over and over before finally going off the proverbial rails and banging through the doors into the room full of fire lol.

That is what this feels like lol

How about 3 old ladies in wheelchairs?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The funny part is the people who aren't comprehending what is actually being said are the ones who think the others are stupid. Always seems to work that way for whatever reason. I don't mind a difference of opinion, but at least comprehend the point you are disagreeing with.

This is what I find hilarious. And there's even a member of staff in on the attempted bully train. That's rich.

aria

Reaction score

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What are you talking about? They edited the language of the rule in 2015 after the Dez catch to remove "football move" and change it to "clearly a runner."

Here's a link to that: https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/7/24/9029799/nfl-dez-bryant-catch-rule-re-write-confusing

If you are unwilling to even acknowledge this, then I'm done with you because you are in complete denial of reality.

No one doubts they changed the "wording" of the rule but the essence of the rule did not change. This is copied and pasted from my post in the other thread. Go through all of these please and let me know whether you think the rule was altered in any way other than just re-wording.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...hange-catch-rule-after-dez-bryant-controversy
"To put it bluntly, the rule itself has not changed."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rule-and-it-might-actually-be-more-confusing/
"The interesting part here is that Dez Bryant's no-catch, the thing that sparked the rule change, would still be a no-catch under the new rule."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...anges-and-points-of-emphasis-to-watch-in-2015
"Let's be clear. The rule that disallowed an apparent catch by Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant in the NFC divisional playoffs, and another by Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson in 2009, remains unchanged in substance. The NFL did modify its wording, however, in hopes of making the rule make more sense to players, fans and media members in cases where a player is falling while in the process of making a catch."​

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is what I find hilarious. And there's even a member of staff in on the attempted bully train. That's rich.

People handle disagreements worse on this board than the DC.com board. I didn't think that was possible.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People handle disagreements worse on this board than the DC.com board. I didn't think that was possible.
I was thinking the same thing. In another thread I asked some questions in regard to another's opinion and the response was like I got their daughter pregnant.

Reaction score
And note the title of that article:
"Committee says Bryant '14 playoff play should be a catch in the future"

"The NFL competition committee appears to have unanimous agreement that controversial catch rulings involving Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson should have been ruled complete, according to Giants owner John Mara"

Should HAVE been ruled complete. As in they were catches at the time. Not going forward, not from here out. Should have been ruled complete, period.

reddyuta

Reaction score
giphy.gif