Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Non-enforcement is a nice thing. Building permits are supposedly a nightmare around here if you're trying to add on to your house or even make minor changes. Very expensive and you're even supposed to get one if you do something as simple as add new windows. Then they nitpick the job to death to the point that I know contractors who have quit minor jobs out of frustration. Most of the work around here is unpermitted as a result.
I got permits when I put in a new boiler and when I sided my house and put in new doors and windows, but I never got any of it inspected.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I got permits when I put in a new boiler and when I sided my house and put in new doors and windows, but I never got any of it inspected.
The house we bought last year is older than the last one so I'm about to have to look into the permit thing. We badly need a new roof and some siding repairs. I'm not a handy guy so I'm trying to find a reliable contractor, which is not easy up here with so many working on "mountain time". I have had some bad experiences in the past. I don't know what genes got passed on to me because both my brothers can do anything with their hands. I've just never been any good at it. I will say I got a little more in the brains and work ethic part. :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The house we bought last year is older than the last one so I'm about to have to look into the permit thing. We badly need a new roof and some siding repairs. I'm not a handy guy so I'm trying to find a reliable contractor, which is not easy up here with so many working on "mountain time". I have had some bad experiences in the past. I don't know what genes got passed on to me because both my brothers can do anything with their hands. I've just never been any good at it. I will say I got a little more in the brains and work ethic part. :grin:
If you hire a contractor, he should probably get the permit, but I don't know for sure.

nobody

Reaction score
People around here treat the pine trees like they're holy or something. When I bought the new house, I immediately had two of them cut down because they were so close to the house. Damn pine needles are like sandpaper on the roof and such a pain to clean up. Most of my neighbors are part-timers who only come up on some weekends and holidays. A couple of weeks after I cut the trees down, a guy approaches me in my front yard and says, "Hey, I'm your neighbor across the street. How could you cut down those trees?. It ruined my view of the tree line". He's never spoken to me since and just glares at me now when I see him. I guess technically I was supposed to get a permit to cut them down so at least he didn't report me.

That drives me insane. If it's your property, what business is it of others to say what trees you are or are not permitted to remove? If the trees were an endangered species, sure, but just pine trees? Screw that.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
That drives me insane. If it's your property, what business is it of others to say what trees you are or are not permitted to remove? If the trees were an endangered species, sure, but just pine trees? Screw that.
I feel like you don't really own anything anymore. Between property taxes and regulations, someone is always telling you what you can and can't do. I'm still pro-America but damn. This is not an indictment on either political party by the way, so please don't bench me mods.

nobody

Reaction score
I feel like you don't really own anything anymore. Between property taxes and regulations, someone is always telling you what you can and can't do. I'm still pro-America but damn. This is not an indictment on either political party by the way, so please don't bench me mods.

Technically we don't own land or cars. A deed for a car or land isn't true ownership. It's more like a permanent family lease from the government that the government can take away for a multitude of reasons.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Technically we don't own land or cars. A deed for a car or land isn't true ownership. It's more like a permanent family lease from the government that the government can take away for a multitude of reasons.
I wish this weren't true but you are right. OK, I'm taking another shot after that. Deathmonkey knows what he's talking about.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

OtMzpSQ.gif
InHyW7k.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just bought a couple of new welcome mats. I don't know what "coir" is, maybe horse hair(?), but whatever it is, by the time I drove from Target to home, it looks like the world's ugliest terrier blew up in my back seat...and I didn't even have my windows down.

Because I was curious what they're made of, I read the tag and all they have is "coir", along with "Outdoor use only" and "Keep away from water"........Huh???

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Just bought a couple of new welcome mats. I don't know what "coir" is, maybe horse hair(?), but whatever it is, by the time I drove from Target to home, it looks like the world's ugliest terrier blew up in my back seat...and I didn't even have my windows down.

Because I was curious what they're made of, I read the tag and all they have is "coir", along with "Outdoor use only" and "Keep away from water"........Huh???
I believe coir is part of a coconut. Kind of bizarre that a welcome mat would stay "keep away from water". That's kinda the point.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

Bought this doormat from Target and it hasn't looked the same since the first rain:
sKUrDxD.jpg
https://www.target.com/welcome-rubber-coir-doormat-1-7-x2-7-threshold/

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
That the car show female models from Import Tuner don't live next to me

Status
Not open for further replies.