Complaint Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I just got a plain one. I don't want anyone thinking they're welcome in my house.
Ironically you described those plain doormats as "welcome mats" in your original post. Anyway with neighbors like the ones you've previously described, I don't blame you. My doormat is almost illegible.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ironically you described those plain doormats as "welcome mats" in your original post. Anyway with neighbors like the ones you've previously described, I don't blame you. My doormat is almost illegible.
I just didn't want anyone to think it was an indoor mat. :cool:

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Sri Lankan National Anthem seems never ending, the version being played at the ICC CWC has a little pause after every verse that makes You think it's over, then, another verse starts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
....why the hell I thought 30 was old, when I was 15. Now that I'm late 40's, its like a century from 30. ..:)...
And it just keeps going faster. I've been in my "until I find a better place" house almost twice as long as I've ever lived anywhere else...same with my job. If I can afford to retire at 65, it's only 10 years away....and then sweet, sweet death can't be far beyond.

Praxit

Reaction score
....ahh.. Runny, you will be alright. You got the fundamentals down. Stick to it and keep churning. I had no dad, no older brother, no coach or mentor. That hurt my early years as experience was brutal. I keep churning though, coupled with the sense of humor mindset. Just like 30 was old when I was barely opening my eyes to life.. ..lol...

Londonboy

Reaction score
The People scheduling Major sports events in this Country don't seem to own a calendar, or talk to each other. We've managed to have The Cricket World Cup Final, The Wimbledon Men's Singles Final and The F1 British GP all taking place on the same day, thanks a lot Guys.

nobody

Reaction score
The People scheduling Major sports events in this Country don't seem to own a calendar, or talk to each other. We've managed to have The Cricket World Cup Final, The Wimbledon Men's Singles Final and The F1 British GP all taking place on the same day, thanks a lot Guys.

So...one interesting thing and two "meh" things? Easy. Watch Formula 1

Londonboy

Reaction score
So...one interesting thing and two "meh" things? Easy. Watch Formula 1
LOL, that's the exact opposite of how I feel, I wouldn't watch f1 if You offered Me money, I love Cricket & Tennis.
What I don't get is how You can't put things off a week or go a week early when scheduling, I appreciate that f1 and Tennis have to fit into a global event series so scheduling options are limited, but there's no excuse for the CWC, it's only on every 4 years, it's the pinnacle of the sport, so it has scheduling priority over other matches, to not arrange the 8 week tourney to end on a day that maximises media exposure and viewership is just dumb to Me.

nobody

Reaction score
LOL, that's the exact opposite of how I feel, I wouldn't watch f1 if You offered Me money, I love Cricket & Tennis.
What I don't get is how You can't put things off a week or go a week early when scheduling, I appreciate that f1 and Tennis have to fit into a global event series so scheduling options are limited, but there's no excuse for the CWC, it's only on every 4 years, it's the pinnacle of the sport, so it has scheduling priority over other matches, to not arrange the 8 week tourney to end on a day that maximises media exposure and viewership is just dumb to Me.

Well, I'm not really interested in watching racing, but at least it's more exciting than tennis or cricket. lol Why do I say that? Cause you have the possibility of crashes.

Now, cricket I am sure is probably fun to play, but it's like baseball.. Boring to watch. And tennis is great if you want a cure for insomnia. ;) It's another sport that is fun to play but dreadful to watch.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Well, I'm not really interested in watching racing, but at least it's more exciting than tennis or cricket. lol Why do I say that? Cause you have the possibility of crashes.

Now, cricket I am sure is probably fun to play, but it's like baseball.. Boring to watch. And tennis is great if you want a cure for insomnia. ;) It's another sport that is fun to play but dreadful to watch.
But it's short format Cricket, 50 overs a side, starts at 10.30am and finished by 7pm (unless it rains), lunch is only half an hour and there is no 20 min break for tea and scones, still can't tempt You?

At least, You can agree, that scheduling, Your sports big showcase match, on the one day of the Year, it's guaranteed, to get the least, possible, exposure, is just, ridiculous.

nobody

Reaction score
But it's short format Cricket, 50 overs a side, starts at 10.30am and finished by 7pm (unless it rains), lunch is only half an hour and there is no 20 min break for tea and scones, still can't tempt You?

At least, You can agree, that scheduling, Your sports big showcase match, on the one day of the Year, it's guaranteed, to get the least, possible, exposure, is just, ridiculous.

If I ever come to England and you buy me a couple of pints, I'll watch Cricket with you. Until then, hard pass. lol

But yeah, scheduling sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.