Completely a rumor, but...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2156832 said:
There is nothing that I can see to support that position. However, you are certainly entitled you your opinion, bias as it may be.

Ellis and Henry for any top rated receiver in the NFL with no legal, charachter or substance issues in the NFL is a no brainer IMO.

Ellis and Henry for Boldin? Yes.

I would even do that trade for Chad Johnson.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2156838 said:
No character issues? Didn't I just say he doesn't tip pizza delivery guys?

That my friend, is a clear warning sign! :lmao2:

OK, so maybe one. Still, if that's the only thing that tips the scale, I would hire a guy to just stand outside his door with a pocket full of 5 dollar bills and make sure the Pizza Guy gets taken care of.

Not a hard fix.

;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Alexander;2156845 said:
Ellis and Henry for Boldin? Yes.

I would even do that trade for Chad Johnson.

Any top WR. In fact, it would keep me up nights wondering what I had inadvertintly promised the Devil in return and how long I had to live before he showed up to collect.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
If I was a Detriot fan, I'd kill Millen for making this trade.

In my Fantasy Football league we have a fail safe in place to prevent poor trades. Trades that aren't in the best interest of both teams to preserve the integrity of the league.

This trade would never make through our committee. :rolleyes:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I would not make this trade if it came up. D wins championships. I would not sacrifice depth on defense to enhance a offense that has already proven itself. This would be a bad decision IMO.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2156941 said:
I would not make this trade if it came up. D wins championships. I would not sacrifice depth on defense to enhance a offense that has already proven itself. This would be a bad decision IMO.

2 aging vets..1 with maybe 2 years left and is a complainer and whiner and the other has talk about him moving to safety for a proven WR.

Everyone knows WRs are hard to come by in the draft, they have like the highest bust rate. Your best option is to get one via trade or FA.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
ajk23az;2156951 said:
2 aging vets..1 with maybe 2 years left and is a complainer and whiner and the other has talk about him moving to safety for a proven WR.

Everyone knows WRs are hard to come by in the draft, they have like the highest bust rate. Your best option is to get one via trade or FA.
This is true. However, the secondary proved last year that it had a hard time staying healthy. It is hard to justify trading away a starting corner. They don't come too easy either. Another problem we ended up having was getting pressure on the QB. This trade just does not make too much sense to me.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2156711 said:
Oh no, I think I see things clearly! Who cares if they've tried? They won 3 SBs with exactly DICK at the WR position. They did so because they have a top-notch QB who is extremely accurate.

We gots one of those! As a result, we can focus on other areas of need, particularly since we have a guy like Owens. Yes, we'll eventually need to replace Owens, but not yet!

As another poster astutely pointed out, in the 90's we had Irvin and Novacek and Harper, who was not nearly as good without the Cowboys. And we had a strong running game, a dominant offensive line and a top-notch defense.

In this day and age, you need to count your blessings to have one of the top two receivers in the game, not worried because we don't have a top-notch receiver opposite him. Teams should be so lucky to have what we have.
I think you should compare Romo to Favre and not Brady.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ellis, Henry to Detroit for Shaun McDonald and Dan Orlovski.

Roy Williams on trade block why? Because Furrey and Lil Mac are better.........

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2156269 said:
People have no conception of value. I don't think that I would do Ellis for RW straight up. Ellis was top 5 in sacks last year which makes him a premier pass rusher which is one of the most coveted things in the NFL. Compounding that is the fact that he is signed to a VERY good deal for us. Thats why he whines every offseason. And adding onto that is that if you deal him then you basically kill your OLB depth. Spencer is not proven by any stretch of the imgination.

RW has one year left on his deal and then hes going to want a huge payday. And while hes a good WR he is not a premier WR despite how much people want to overvalue him. Lets not forget hes hurt every year.

I have to agree w/ fuzzy on this one

WRs don't win championships, the pass-rush does

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;2157172 said:

FURREY & McDONALD CATCHES LAST YEAR or 2?

Mac 79-943
Furrey 98-1086

Why is the great Roy Williams getting traded again?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Nors;2157200 said:
FURREY & McDONALD CATCHES LAST YEAR or 2?

Mac 79-943
Furrey 98-1086

Why is the great Roy Williams getting traded again?
1) Roy Williams hasn't gotten traded yet.

2) Wes Welker 112-1175 = best WR evazzzz!!11!!!!11111

thewivil

Reaction score
I'd do this deal without any second thoughts. Sure, it'd suck to lose Henry, especially considering there are no guarantees that Jones will be reinstated to begin the season, and Ellis plays an important role, too.

However, Ellis is a baby who's always complaining about something, and Henry has been injury prone and hasn't played as well as his first season in Dallas.

If we can swing that deal and pick up Williams, I'd be a very happy Cowboys fan.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2156803 said:
Reggie Wayne Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards after this year, Colston after 2 years is killing him in the progression, Boldin, Andre johnson, Plaxico Burress, so on and so forth.
Here's the yearly averages for those players over their first 4 years.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][B]Player             Catches Yards    YPC     TDs    TD/Catch
[/B]Roy Williams       61.3    913      14.9    7.0    0.114
Reggie Wayne       55.3    777.25   14.1    5.8    0.104
Larry Fitzgerald   82.5    1136     13.8    8.5    0.103
Braylon Edwards    57.7    895      15.5    8.3    0.145
Marques Colston    84.0    1120     13.3    9.5    0.113
Anquan Boldin      85.5    1151.25  13.5    5.0    0.058
Andre Johnson      77.0    988.25   12.8    4.3    0.055
Plaxico Burress    56.5    866.5    15.3    4.3    0.075
[/FONT]
So let's recap. Of the 7 or so receivers drafted since 2000 that you think are better than Roy Williams, he is 4th in total yardage, 3rd in YPA, and 3rd in TDs, and 2nd in TDs per catch.

Yup, clearly the guy is overrated. I mean, I thought he was the 2nd best WR drafted since 2000, but obviously he's only the 3rd.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;2157545 said:
Here's the yearly averages for those players over their first 4 years.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New][B]Player             Catches Yards    YPC     TDs    TD/Catch[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Roy Williams       61.3    913      14.9    7.0    0.114[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Reggie Wayne       55.3    777.25   14.1    5.8    0.104[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Larry Fitzgerald   82.5    1136     13.8    8.5    0.103[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Braylon Edwards    57.7    895      15.5    8.3    0.145[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Marques Colston    84.0    1120     13.3    9.5    0.113[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Anquan Boldin      85.5    1151.25  13.5    5.0    0.058[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Andre Johnson      77.0    988.25   12.8    4.3    0.055[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Plaxico Burress    56.5    866.5    15.3    4.3    0.075[/FONT]
So let's recap. Of the 7 or so receivers drafted since 2000 that you think are better than Roy Williams, he is 4th in total yardage, 3rd in YPA, and 3rd in TDs, and 2nd in TDs per catch.

Yup, clearly the guy is overrated. I mean, I thought he was the 2nd best WR drafted since 2000, but obviously he's only the 3rd.

You know who really stands out? Anquan Boldin. :LOL

Any stats generated whilst playing for the Detroit Lions should be thrown out immediately. They are so pathetic, that it's not even comparing apples to apples at that point. Getting blown out and picking up cheap receptions and yardage does not make a great receiver. I would suggest that RW disappears in the most important games, but since Detroit hasn't been involved in any important games since RW got there, it's hard to say.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2157636 said:
You know who really stands out? Anquan Boldin. :LOL
I'd certainly take either player. But of the 5 stats, Roy beats him in 3.

Any stats generated whilst playing for the Detroit Lions should be thrown out immediately. They are so pathetic, that it's not even comparing apples to apples at that point. Getting blown out and picking up cheap receptions and yardage does not make a great receiver. I would suggest that RW disappears in the most important games, but since Detroit hasn't been involved in any important games since RW got there, it's hard to say.
Of course the Cardinals have not exactly been powerhouses either. What you're arguing for is to include attempts in the stats. You can look those up yourself at footballoutsiders.com. I was just too lazy to include them this morning.

For example, in 2006 it took Boldin 152 pass attempts to amass 1203 yards. But it only took Roy Williams 151 attempts to amass 1310 yards.