FEATURED Conference Championship Game Thread

Alweezy

Reaction score
True, but they are a good, solid team that got this far in their first playoff appearance since any of these guys have been Lions. That’s an amazing year. Sometimes it takes getting there and seeing what it takes.
I dunno, this really was their opportunity. They were up big and 30 minutes away from the SB and in complete control. This is what you work for, and you go to the Super Bowl this year, not next year which is not promised.

It's going to take a tremendous speech to get the team rallied back from this.

J12B

Reaction score
Missed passes are a natural part of the game and expected. Stupid coaching isn't.
Nah, that was a catch an NFL Wide Receiver is expected to make.

But I will say, he should've kicked the field goal to make it a 3 possession game.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
This is the second time the 49ers have come back from a 17 point deficit to win an NFCCG. Beat Atlanta in 2012.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lions won't recover from this. They are going to lose coordinators and Goff will not be this good going forward.
agree. This was their best chance. DC will get fired in 2 years time. That act works when u win games but soon as u lose a few big games, it wears thin fast.

J12B

Reaction score
No - no way, you take the points for the EXACT reasons we just saw.

You have to analyze the WHOLE situation - your on the road in a championship game - you have the crowd out of the game and SF on the ropes - you dont give them any hope.

Momentum is a real thing and we just saw it.
I agree for the reason that the points would've made it a 3 possession game.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Not me. I’d like to see another Championship game in my lifetime.
The Wild card is the pick for me. I think the further along you go the higher the reward, but the greater the dissapointment in losing.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I dunno, this really was their opportunity. They were up big and 30 minutes away from the SB and in complete control. This is what you work for, and you go to the Super Bowl this year, not next year which is not promised.

It's going to take a tremendous speech to get the team rallied back from this.
The Cowboys did it. They came up short for years to even get to the Championship game. After losing to the Browns and later the Packers twice and finally getting to the big game, they lost to the Colts in the Blunder Bowl. Came back the very next year and won. If you look at the first years of the SB, there was actually a decent series of teams losing one year and winning the next. Even the Colts lost to the Jets the year before beating us. We came back and beat Miami. The next year Miami won, and so on.

visionary

Reaction score
No - no way, you take the points for the EXACT reasons we just saw.

You have to analyze the WHOLE situation - your on the road in a championship game - you have the crowd out of the game and SF on the ropes - you dont give them any hope.

Momentum is a real thing and we just saw it.
Campbell lost them this game just as much as Reynolds
What a maroon