Congrads to Q.C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Everybody who is on the cover are very very very good players or have the potential to be great players

I don't think Quincy should get one 'very' much less three.

I hate the word 'potential'. It's a nice, sugar coated way of saying 'unrealized talent'. Every player in the league has potential but very few fully realize it.

IMO of course. ;)

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Avery said:
I don't think Quincy should get one 'very' much less three.

I hate the word 'potential'. It's a nice, sugar coated way of saying 'unrealized talent'. Every player in the league has potential but very few fully realize it.

IMO of course. ;)

I understand dude, but yet for them to put Q.C. considering all the other covers you gotta admit that means something and you also gotta admit that Q.C. is not that same QB you either knew or want him to be. His Good man, not average or fair Q.C. is Good, Sorry if that hurt some people

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Somebody please tell me why is it that they put all good players on the front cover but for some reason by them placing Q.C. on a cover means nothing?

Look for your self,

covers_nfl04.html

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
"You still want to shoot your mouth off? By all means put up some money that I can't go out right now, buy a football magazine with the Cardinals on the front cover, and mail it to you. Put your money where your mouth is. Name the wages and let's place the bet. We'll let someone else hold the money and deliver it to the winner, I'll mail him/her a copy as well to be the final judge. Make it worth my time though. No wussy bets.

Is ibonics anything like ebonics? By the way Solomon, the proper English still trumps ebonics in any society."

1. Ebonics, is the way "YOU" spell it but over hurr deep down south (excuse me, souf) we spell it ibonics (quick lesson, ibonics is a slang that was introduced or created by African-American/urban or what ever u wanna call us, IBONICS is a form of slang words that are spelled the way you say it (hence Dog would be spelled Dawg).

2. Notice this about the cover issue thing,
A. The cardinals are in the upper left corner of the cover, so I'm guessing you don't understand the difference between Front Cover and on the cover (big difference, the Front Cover is the person(s) taking up about 90% of the cover).

3. Another thing, think about this... Everybody who is on the cover are very very very good players or have the potential to be great players, so are you telling me that out of the regional covers they slipped up on Quincy Carter? So what does that tell you what Football Gurus think of our STARTING QUARTERBACK!!!!

P.S. Can I get a tip, cuz you have just got served!!!! :cool:
Oh goody, Solomon wants another lesson.

Learning that there were regional covers after you're "prove it" demand wasn't enough crow huh?

I noticed you didn't have the sack to take the bet. Typical.

Now, let's address the fact that a cover is supposed to mean something as far as greatness.

Region 1....Tedy Bruschi and Jeremy Shockey. Both decent players. I wouldn't put Tedy in the Ray Lewis mold, and he's a personal friend of mine. Certainly for the Patriots region a two time Super Bowl MVP should get some love. Oh the hate? The hate? It just drips.

Region 2....Eli Manning and Santana Moss. Wow, isn't Eli an unproven rookie? Holy cow, Strahan must feel the hate and what about Chad Pennington?

Region 3....Donovan McNabb, Hines Ward, and Terrell Owens. I keep reading all you guys tell me that Mcnabb sucks when I say he is better than Q. He sucks but he made the cover? Pure hate.

Region 4....Joe Gibbs. Wow, Ray Lewis should be even madder about this than Bruschi making the cover. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Region 5....Jake Delhomme, Mike Vick, and Steve McNair. Wait a minute I thought Delhomme sucks? Whew, the hate keeps on climbing.

Region 6....Ricky Williams and Byron Leftwich. Why Leftwich? It's only his 2nd year in the NFL and that system. It takes 3 or 4 years to be worth anything.

Region 7....Quincy Carter, David Carr, and Joe Horn. They must hate Aaron Brooks and Deuce McAllister. Say, isn't David Carr over rated? I swear I've heard this here. Hate.

Region 8....Marvin Harrison and Jerry Azumah. What? Nothing on the highest paid player in the NFL? Get Archie Manning on the phone they are hating on his kid.

Region 9....Ahman Green and Roy Williams. Another rookie? Does it never stop?

Region 10....Ashley Lelie, Torry Holt, and Dante Hall. Priest Holmes must feel like the is the most hated player in history. Undrafted, waived when the Ravens drafted Jamal Lewis, no cover love.

Region 11....Warren Sapp, Tim Rattay, Larry Fitzgerald and Denny Green. Okay first of all, another rookie? I feel kicked in the gut. How about you? Can you point me towards the superstardom articles about Tim Rattay? I must have missed those.

Region 12....Matt Hasselbeck and Julian Peterson. Hey what happened to Tim Rattay? They threw him a bone and some hate in the same year.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
I understand dude, but yet for them to put Q.C. considering all the other covers you gotta admit that means something and you also gotta admit that Q.C. is not that same QB you either knew or want him to be. His Good man, not average or fair Q.C. is Good, Sorry if that hurt some people

Quincy is a 'good' player or he wouldn't be in the NFL. However, I think he's a borderline QB talent in the NFL. I also don't see how QC 'is not that same QB'. At this early point in the season, he has yet to show deafening proof that he will retain his grip on the starting position. Also, I don't care who is starting as our QB as long as that man gets us in the endzone. That is the bottom line.

As far as being on the cover with Carr, it doesn't mean overly much either way. With so many regional covers, the editors will look for ways to incorporate those teams into a single spread. With both Carr and Carter facing pivotal years in their development, their choice on the cover was an acceptable choice and ties the two Texas teams together in a cohesive manner.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Learning that there were regional covers after you're "prove it" demand wasn't enough crow huh?

Now, let's address the fact that a cover is supposed to mean something as far as greatness.

Region 1....Tedy Bruschi and Jeremy Shockey. Both decent players. I wouldn't put Tedy in the Ray Lewis mold and he's a personal friend of mine. Certainly for the Patriots region a two time Super Bowl MVP should get some love. Oh the hate? The hate? It just drips.

Region 2....Eli Manning and Santana Moss. Wow, isn't Eli an unproven rookie? Holy cow, Strahan must feel the hate and what abotu Chad Pennington?

Region 3....Donovan McNabb, Hines Ward, and Terrell Owens. I keep reading all you guys tell me that Mcnabb sucks when I say he is better than Q. he sucks but he made the cover? Pure hate.

Region 4....Joe Gibbs. Wow, Ray Lewis should be even madder about this than Bruschi making the cover. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Region 5....Jake Delhomme, Mike Vick, and Steve McNair. Wait a minute I thought Delhomme sucks? Whew, the hate keeps on climbing.

Region 6....Ricky Williams and Byron Leftwich. Why Leftwich? It's only hsi 2nd year in the NFL and that system. It takes 3 or 4 years to be worth anything.

Region 7....Quincy Carter, David Carr, and Joe Horn. They must hate Aaron Brooks and Duce McAllister. Say, isn't David Carr over rated? I swear I've heard this here. hate.

Region 8....Marvin Harrison and Jerry Azumah. What? Nothign on the highest paid player in the NFL? Get Archie Manning on the phone they are hating on his kid.

Region 10....Ashley Lelie, Torry Holt, and Dante Hall. Priest Holmes must feel like he is the most hated player in history. Undrafted, waived when the Ravens drafted Jamal Lewis, no cover love.

Region 11....Warren Sapp, Tim Rattay, Larry Fitzgerald and Denny Green. Okay first of all, another rookie? I feel kicked in the gut. How about you? Can you point me towards the superstardom articles about Tim Rattay? I must have missed those.

Region 12....Matt Hasselbeck and Julian Peterson. Hey what happened to Tim Rattay? They threw him a bone and some hate in the same year.

Look, this will be my last response to you because I can tell that you are trying to hard but only making a fool of yourself. Dude, every player you just named are very good players which means Q.C. is a Good player (if not very good). I said front cover, show me a mag with a cardinal player who is the front cover (taking up like 90% of the page) and not on the cover. Now go and do your lil google search dawgy (good boy).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery said:
Quincy is a 'good' player or he wouldn't be in the NFL. However, I think he's a borderline QB talent in the NFL. I also don't see how QC 'is not that same QB'. At this early point in the season, he has yet to show deafening proof that he will retain his grip on the starting position. Also, I don't care who is starting as our QB as long as that man gets us in the endzone. That is the bottom line.

As far as being on the cover with Carr, it doesn't mean overly much either way. With so many regional covers, the editors will look for ways to incorporate those teams into a single spread. With both Carr and Carter facing pivotal years in their development, their choice on the cover was an acceptable choice and ties the two Texas teams together in a cohesive manner.
Dude, making sense is tantamount to hate.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Region 1....Tedy Bruschi and Jeremy Shockey. Both decent players. I wouldn't put Tedy in the Ray Lewis mold and he's a personal friend of mine. Certainly for the Patriots region a two time Super Bowl MVP should get some love. Oh the hate? The hate? It just drips.

Region 2....Eli Manning and Santana Moss. Wow, isn't Eli an unproven rookie? Holy cow, Strahan must feel the hate and what abotu Chad Pennington?

Region 3....Donovan McNabb, Hines Ward, and Terrell Owens. I keep reading all you guys tell me that Mcnabb sucks when I say he is better than Q. he sucks but he made the cover? Pure hate.

Region 6....Ricky Williams and Byron Leftwich. Why Leftwich? It's only hsi 2nd year in the NFL and that system. It takes 3 or 4 years to be worth anything.

Region 7....Quincy Carter, David Carr, and Joe Horn. They must hate Aaron Brooks and Duce McAllister. Say, isn't David Carr over rated? I swear I've heard this here. hate.

Region 8....Marvin Harrison and Jerry Azumah. What? Nothign on the highest paid player in the NFL? Get Archie Manning on the phone they are hating on his kid.

Region 10....Ashley Lelie, Torry Holt, and Dante Hall. Priest Holmes must feel like he is the most hated player in history. Undrafted, waived when the Ravens drafted Jamal Lewis, no cover love.

Now if they put Hambrick on the cover or Poppy Joe then it will be Bogus.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Look, this will be my last response to you because I can tell that you are trying to hard but only making a fool of yourself. Dude, every player you just named are very good players which means Q.C. is a Good player (if not very good). I said front cover, show me a mag with a cardinal player who is the front cover (taking up like 90% of the page) and not on the cover. Now go and do your lil google search dawgy (good boy).
Sack up, make a wager.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
kidcrook said:
I live in the south, never heard of Ibonics.

Tell me something, do you stay in the Hollywood or the Hollyhood part of your area?

Also have you ever heard of, clickin, slab, zu-zus & wam wams, ridin dirty, h20, sticky sticks etc... Probably not huhh???

You know what is funny, how do think you can take something we created and then tell us whats wrong or right about what we creadted?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kidcrook said:
I live in the south, never heard of Ibonics.

Probably a case of the guy trying to cover his mistake instead of just admitting he was wrong....I have lived in the south as well and never heard it called that either....yet who knows...maybe it is just him and a few friends that use it in that manner.

I know there are some names and silly inside jokes that I have with friends that others would not understand unless I explained.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Probably a case of the guy trying to cover his mistake instead of just admitting he was wrong....I have lived in the south as well and never heard it called that either....yet who knows...maybe it is just him and a few friends that use it in that manner.

I know there are some names and silly inside jokes that I have with friends that others would not understand unless I explained.

prime example, you spell "south" south but in the south we say and spell it "SOUF", now does help you understand me a lil bit better my friend.

You can't tell me how to spell or say something that is apart of my culture, you just can't do that. Now lets drop this subject befor it get nasty, I'm not racist and don't want to meet anyone who is so lets drop it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S.B. Bound said:
prime example, you spell "south" south but in the south we say and spell it "SOUF", now does help you understand me a lil bit better my friend.

You can't tell me how to spell or say something that is apart of my culture, you just can't do that. Now lets drop this subject befor it get nasty, I'm not racist and don't want to meet anyone who is so lets drop it.

Psss....read my post and you will see I said that it could be what you or your friends say....in other words I just said what you just went on to say...so settle your jets and quit acting all mad because someone called you out after you basically called them a liar.

I could care less if you call spell it south or souf....hey that is your trip.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Psss....read my post and you will see I said that it could be what you or your friends say....in other words I just said what you just went on to say...so settle your jets and quit acting all mad because someone called you out after you basically called them a liar.

I could care less if you call spell it south or souf....hey that is your trip.

Naw dude I ain't just gone sit back and say nothing while you acuse me of trying to cover up something I know damn well what i'm talking about. So I had to put you in yo place since you wanted to jump in with that non-sense. If you really care less how and what I do then why did you waist your time responding to my so called 'TRIP' :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Naw dude I ain't just gone sit back and say nothing while you acuse me of trying to cover up something I know damn well what i'm talking about. So I had to put you in yo place since you wanted to jump in with that non-sense. If you really care less how and what I do then why did you waist your time responding to my so called 'TRIP' :confused:
Yeah you just knew he was on the cover of a national magazine. You just needed to be taught it was regional.

Take a lesson from the whale. He only gets harpooned when he comes up to spout.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S.B. Bound said:

I covered my bases in case I was wrong....but by your previous actions of calling out others as basically making things up...THEN once you are proven wrong you start changing the details that were never there to begin with......well what do you expect people to think?

Once again I still said that may be what you are your friends say in your area...just as I have my inside jokes and sayings.

Problem is you got busted on something and then starting acting like a nipple head with banana pants who can't find a release.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
I loive in the south and i hear a lot of changed words to help with the accents, but nothing of what your suggesting. It is either very isolated or on the south east...

Status
Not open for further replies.