Congrads to Q.C

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
reg07_large.jpg

Never thought I'd see him on a "FRONT COVER" of a "national mag".

Way to go

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
reg07_large.jpg

Never thought I'd see him on a "FRONT COVER" of a "national mag".

Way to go
Merged this into the original thread. No need for new threads stating the same tired wrong information trying to stir up even more. Apparently "regional" covers are a proclamation.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not that more proof is needed but the May 3 2004 addition of Sports Illustrated also displays Arizona on the cover. Pat Tillman to be exact.

Your original statement in reference to this subject was wrong. It happens. Be a man about it and accept it. Don't give backhand excuses trying to divert the central issue. You were wrong. Posters will have much more respect for you if you take responsability of that. This is only advice. Do with it what you will.

mcnuttz

Reaction score
RW31 said:
I loive in the south and i hear a lot of changed words to help with the accents, but nothing of what your suggesting. It is either very isolated or on the south east...

representin the southeast here....ain't never heard "ibonics" either.....but I'm sure it's something Q started at UGA.....what, with that massive tongue and all.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Do you ever give up, sauls?

Hey man, I'm just proud to see my starting QB making any kind of Front Cover. I'm not going to fuss or smack talk or what ever, I'm strickly putting this up for all the other people who are proud and happy for Q.C. If you don't like it i'm sorry but I'm not sorry that he's on the Front Cover. :)

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
good for him. wish he wasnt in the background of david carr tho =P

Looks like he's on top to me. However, there both on the cover and representing The great state of Texas. ;)

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Printing technology now allows covers to be produced on very short runs and appear only in a single city. Anyone who travels regularly will tell you about getting off a plane and seeing the same mag with a different featured player illustration andf the same set of stories in text on the cover.

Eli Manning will be on every football mag in N.Y.It's not even all that new a trick.

TheHustler

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Printing technology now allows covers to be produced on very short runs and appear only in a single city. Anyone who travels regularly will tell you about getting off a plane and seeing the same mag with a different featured player illustration andf the same set of stories in text on the cover.

Eli Manning will be on every football mag in N.Y.It's not even all that new a trick.

good call.

http://www.streetandsmiths.com/covers_nfl04.html

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:

Ohh I see, you mean something like this
reg02_mini.jpg

Yea I know we allready had that discussion, It must be nice for the top or future top dawg (E. Manning) of New York to be on the front cover huhh, well I guess we can say the same for Q.C. & D.C. for Texas ;)

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Hey man, I'm just proud to see my starting QB making any kind of Front Cover. I'm not going to fuss or smack talk or what ever, I'm strickly putting this up for all the other people who are proud and happy for Q.C. If you don't like it i'm sorry but I'm not sorry that he's on the Front Cover. :)
He's not there because of any accomplishment, sauls. He's there because he was the Cowboys' qb last season (unless you consider beating out Hutchinson or Romo an accomplishment). Surely you don't think they put him there because of his being the 24th rated qb, do you?

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
He's not there because of any accomplishment, sauls. He's there because he was the Cowboys' qb last season (unless you consider beating out Hutchinson or Romo an accomplishment). Surely you don't think they put him there because of his being the 24th rated qb, do you?

10-6, 3,000 yards is more of what I was thinking the reason why. But maybe you are right. Well humm, exactly why did they put him up there again :confused:

P.S. I just thought about something, it must be more to just being the starter because, E. Manning have not played one single game and he's on the cover. I wonder why they put him on the front cover?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is being closed. The person who started this thread knows it is being closed.

He just wanted to show QC on the cover of a Magazine and say congrats ....things went out of whack from there.

No need to fuel this fire any longer.

thor_01

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
10-6, 3,000 yards is more of what I was thinking the reason why. But maybe you are right. Well humm, exactly why did they put him up there again :confused:

P.S. I just thought about something, it must be more to just being the starter because, E. Manning have not played one single game and he's on the cover. I wonder why they put him on the front cover?

cause VT and Drew Henson weren't in town on the day that cover was made, had to have somebody from the cowboys to round out the Texas teams..........lol

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
thor_01 said:
cause VT and Drew Henson weren't in town on the day that cover was made, had to have somebody from the cowboys to round out the Texas teams..........lol
I have the mag & I'm sorry they do mention Drew Henson. Why, why is there such negativity when this is clearly a positive thing for Quincy & the Dallas Cowboys. But I will keep you in mind when this season starts because I just want to know how you are going to react or respond when Quincy has a Good year.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:

Which lends credence to the stated belief that accomplishments in the NFL are not a prerequisite when determing cover boys.

Darpagar

Reaction score
The player on the cover is generally the player who is generating the most news. In Dallas QC is a question mark and with the signing of VT there has been an influx of news coverage on the QB situatio in Dallas.

Same with Eli...he is the big story in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.