congresswoman gabrielle giffords shot in tucson

rkell87

Reaction score
he says toward the end of the video, "i could say something sound right now, but i don't feel like it"

i also don't think he knows what genocide means

burmafrd

Reaction score
family's used to be able to go to a judge and have someone committed for evaluation even if they were adults. You cannot do that anymore. And people die because of it.

kristie

Reaction score
rkell87;3815176 said:
gabby has been moved to memorial herman in houston

i heard that. hopefully things go well so that she can continue to get better. i mean, she's made so much progress as it is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rkell87;3815176 said:
gabby has been moved to memorial herman in houston
There were at least 5 news helicopters in the air hovering over the hospital and the path from the hospital to the Air Force Base was a freaking zoo. I got a haircut this morning and I was in a rush to get home before I had to take a long detour around that route.

This town will explode in joy the day she makes it back.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hostile;3815244 said:
There were at least 5 news helicopters in the air hovering over the hospital and the path from the hospital to the Air Force Base was a freaking zoo. I got a haircut this morning and I was in a rush to get home before I had to take a long detour around that route.

This town will explode in joy the day she makes it back.
did you see the 20/20 interview with mark kelly?

rkell87

Reaction score
Hostile;3815248 said:
I missed it. I hope to find it online to watch it at some point.
i recommend watching it, it was very cool hearing mark talk about her and the progress she is making.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
News today saying that the scumbag entered a not guilty plea.

Hang 'em out to dry, AZ.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
casmith07;3819268 said:
News today saying that the scumbag entered a not guilty plea.

Hang 'em out to dry, AZ.
Not surprising this early on.

Looks like March 9 will be a big day with the Court set to hear the first motions in this case.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
peplaw06;3819285 said:
Not surprising this early on.

Looks like March 9 will be a big day with the Court set to hear the first motions in this case.

Summary Judgment.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
What an utter waste of resources. It's not like he wasn't witnessed and caught in the act and news shows calling him 'alleged' is supremely ridiculous.

What's the confusion? Punish the *******.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile;3819360 said:
He's going to fry.

Naa...they will lay him down, give him a sleeping pill, then poision him in his sleep. No pain...like the pain that he caused. Unless AZ has the chair?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
casmith07;3819288 said:
Summary Judgment.
:laugh2:

That would be greatness. Government moves for summary judgment. Judge grants. Defendant sentenced to be hung at high noon.

rkell87

Reaction score
kristie;3819496 said:
As of 2010, electrocution is an optional form of execution in the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia, though they allow the prisoner to choose lethal injection as an alternative method. In the states of Kentucky and Tennessee, the electric chair has been retired except for those whose capital crimes were committed prior to legislated dates in 1998 (Kentucky: March 31, 1998; Tennessee: December 31, 1998) and who choose electrocution. In both states, inmates who do not choose electrocution or inmates who committed their crimes after the designated date are killed by lethal injection. The electric chair is an alternate form of execution approved for potential use in Arkansas, Illinois, and Oklahoma if other forms of execution are found unconstitutional in the state at the time of execution. On February 8, 2008, the Nebraska Supreme Court determined that execution via the electric chair was a "cruel and unusual punishment" under the State's constitution. This brought executions of this type to an end in Nebraska, the only remaining state to retain electrocution as its sole method of execution.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
rkell87;3819566 said:
As of 2010, electrocution is an optional form of execution in the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia, though they allow the prisoner to choose lethal injection as an alternative method. In the states of Kentucky and Tennessee, the electric chair has been retired except for those whose capital crimes were committed prior to legislated dates in 1998 (Kentucky: March 31, 1998; Tennessee: December 31, 1998) and who choose electrocution. In both states, inmates who do not choose electrocution or inmates who committed their crimes after the designated date are killed by lethal injection. The electric chair is an alternate form of execution approved for potential use in Arkansas, Illinois, and Oklahoma if other forms of execution are found unconstitutional in the state at the time of execution. On February 8, 2008, the Nebraska Supreme Court determined that execution via the electric chair was a "cruel and unusual punishment" under the State's constitution. This brought executions of this type to an end in Nebraska, the only remaining state to retain electrocution as its sole method of execution.
Loughner is facing federal charges. If he's convicted and sentenced to death it will be lethal injection and will take place in Terra Haute, Indiana.