Connecticut shooting ***Do NOT post about gun laws***

Lodeus

Reaction score
Thinking about all the parents who have Christmas presents hiding in a closet and that they will never get to give them to their kids now.

Man this is a sad and depressing thing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time knowing their little bodies are in that school and their parents and other family members cannot view them.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Lodeus;4898416 said:
Thinking about all the parents who have Christmas presents hiding in a closet and that they will never get to give them to their kids now.

jobberone;4898426 said:
I'm having a hard time knowing their little bodies are in that school and their parents and other family members cannot view them.

It is awfull. Just a heartbreaking thing. Things like this should never happen.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
jobberone;4898426 said:

Its extremely hard on the people working the scene. They know they have to do everything perfect and keep their emotions in check while working in a room of young children victims. All the while also knowing their parents are waiting. Will drive some of them from the profession.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
jobberone;4898426 said:

The worst is that since children don't carry ID's the parents will have to identify the bodies and see all of those kids. It's disgusting. It's a sad day for America.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
I watched the report of this tragedy on the news. I sat down and just cried. I love children. They didn't deserve this. This guy is a monster. I think about how frightened they must have been. Then, I saw on CNN that they haven't removed their bodies from the school yet. This is just horrific. I can't wrap my mind around this kind of pure evil. :(

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
justbob;4898434 said:
Its extremely hard on the people working the scene. They know they have to do everything perfect and keep their emotions in check while working in a room of young children victims. All the while also knowing their parents are waiting. Will drive some of them from the profession.

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't thought of them. I can't get past the children. I think of them then I have to turn away to avoid being overwhelmed.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
One can only wonder what kind of rage he had against his mother and her love for those children.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
jobberone;4898426 said:

This really bothers me too.

I tell you, most stuff in the news doesn't affect me too much, but I could cry over this. I don't think I've ever seen anything so sad in my life. I just can't imagine.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Lodeus;4898416 said:

I'm so beside myself, could hardly work tonight because of this.

:bang2:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gun laws are....

Jk.

I can't believe someone would actually shoot children. Beyond disgusting. I pray (assuming cbz allows this word) for the families involved. May whatever deity, assuming there is one (hopefully cbz allows this) , brings peace and resolution to those involved. If.there is.a deity.(extra pc for cbz).

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
When I was in the sixth grade, I went to school w/ a girl who was angry because she felt her mother, who was a pre-k teacher in our school, payed more attention to her students than her. She eventually got over it and I am not saying this was what was going on in the head of the person who murdered these innocent lives. Hard to make sense of it all, really. Sad day.

Aussie Cowboy

Reaction score
Phoenix said:
Holy God. 27 dead...14 children?

Wow.

As a father of 3 pre school kids of my own I feel for all those parents and family devestated by this senseless slaying of innocence. I would never recover if it was one of my little angels.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Some of the parents were talking about it during my son's hockey game tonight. We could just picture it being our tots.

burmafrd

Reaction score
In China one with a knife slashed 22 kids.

Its like all those that kill their kids before they kill themselves.

I hope there is a special place DOWN THERE just reserved for those like that.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;4898597 said:

I heard about that, reports initially that their were no fatalities thank god.

Although I guess those kids will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Just goes to show, it doesn't matter where you are in the world there is some nut job around the corner

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The latest from the police...

----------------------------------------

Lanza is believed to have suffered from a personality disorder and lived with his mother, said a law enforcement official who was briefed on the investigation.

Lanza shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, drove to the school in her car with at least three of her guns, and opened fire in two classrooms around 9:30 a.m. Friday, law enforcement officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The gunman forced his way into the kindergarten-through-fourth-grade school, authorities said. He took three guns into the school — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both semiautomatic pistols, and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle, according to an official who was not authorized to discuss information with reporters and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The weapons were registered to his slain mother.

A custodian ran through the halls, warning of a gunman, and someone switched on the intercom, perhaps saving many lives by letting them hear the chaos in the school office, a teacher said. Teachers locked their doors and ordered children to huddle in a corner, duck under their desks or hide in closets as shots reverberated through the building.

A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said investigators believe Lanza attended the school several years ago but appeared to have no recent connection to it. It was not clear whether he held a job.

At least one parent said Lanza's mother was a substitute teacher at the school. But her name did not appear on a staff list. And the official said investigators were unable to establish any connection so far between her and the school.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/conn-police-very-good-evidence-gunman-155817889.html

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
burmafrd;4898597 said:

Well none of those children were killed thankfully, but they were injured.