Conner Williams, Super Sub?

817Gill

Reaction score
And how much T did he play this camp and PS?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Lol camp didn’t happen when the news came out bud. The “end of season interviews” happen at the end of the season. So when Connor himself said that’s what he was told, most people believed him because why wouldn’t you? Do you not remember every Cowboy media outlet reporting and echoing the same thing?

Also Mcgovern was drafted which changed the available puzzle pieces.

I get fans speculate and make things up but this wasn’t an idea that came outta thin air. Connor himself said it, no speculation there

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lael Collins resigning (on a team friendly deal) really surprised me. So what happens with our OL next year? Has any team ever had six starting OL where the odd man out was a former 2nd round pick?

The plan was for McGovern to start at OG and Conner Williams to replace Collins at RT. So what do you do now?

Make Williams a super sub backing up multiple positions? Trade McGovern? Keep Williams on the bench and groom him to replace Tyron Smith down the line?

IMO the Super Sub plan is the way to go.

Super Sub, make him a blocking TE too. He's too good to be on the bench come short yardage. And while we're keeping Collins, I'd like to see him at FB some too. I wanted to see that back in the Leary days.

I'd think about getting all 6 on the field in between the 20s too. The defense's 4th or 5th dlineman is going to be worse than Williams. We can wear out the defense faster with 6.

If we've got them, put them to use. Could do some of that with Looney and McGovern this year.

Last edited:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Williams to LT is the one I like, assuming he's at least good at it. Otherwise you wait until their contract's almost up then trade either Williams or McGovern (not sure what I'd want in return; probably a pick or two because I doubt we'd get a good TE or S in return).

This team likes stacking and clinging to o-line talent, we aren’t trading anybody. And considering the type of offense we run, it’s a wise decision...

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think cowboys are hedging their bets. if neither Williams or McGovern play much (one will, the other may not), then resigning them will be cheap

It doesn't work that way. Jeremy Parnell started 7 games for Dallas and then got a 32 Million dollar contract in free agency. Cameron Fleming started 14 games over 3 years in NE and Dallas signed him to a contract as a swing tackle that paid him 4 Million but could have paid him 8 if he had played more.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And how much T did he play this camp and PS?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Why would they do that? Williams is slotted to start at Guard and the contingency is if Collins leaves in FA, which was a year away during training camp.