Connor McGovern drawing trade interest

HungryLion

Reaction score
You can definitely trade him as long as you are getting value back. Backup OL shouldn't be untouchable

Ok. Let me rephrase to “the offer better be out of the park, to trade him”

He is our best backup lineman and we have a bunch of starters on OL coming back from serious injury.

I agree with you he isn’t untouchable. But man. He is a valuable asset to be giving up. Would need a starter at another position of need IMO

McKDaddy

Reaction score
KC actually wanted another CB. Dallas said no, and offered Ward instead.
I can’t recall the Player they wanted, I would need to see an old TC roster.

But as usual they were wrong as that CB they kept did not stick around very long.
However he was ahead of Ward in TC at the time. I do not hold this one against the team. It was an even chance either way.

You are correct in that they did ask for another player and that they were wrong in how they had them evaluated.
I only hold it against them because I don't trade a guy showing starter potential at CB for a questionable interior OL player. At least as a general rule. I know that sometimes teams feel super exposed at a position and over reach.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
talk them into trading for the other Conner. win-win

That would be the only realistic option since Williams' contract runs out next season and McGovern is his replacement. Even if we got a second-round pick for McGovern, we'd have to spend it on a starting guard.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree that every player should be available for the right price. In this instance, McGovern was a third round pick. If memory serves me, McGovern was drafted as a "blinking light pick" meaning he wasn't a need at the time, but he was rated so much higher than everyone else available at the time that he was a clear concensus pick.

He has been developed for two years already. If he is in line to start, you don't trade him for a 3rd round pick or less. If he is in line to start/6th man, I would not part with him for less than a 2nd round pick, or a 3rd round pick, and an upgrade at another position/offload of a bad contract. McGovern and Jaylon for a second round pick? Yeah. Sign me up for that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If McGovern is clearly #3 OG with injury to Ball, then you keep him. You do not trade him, especially not now. Keep the Zach to OT option in play as well. Remember, the league is starved for OL, not even enough backups to go around. If you don’t resign Connor Williams, he Will get a contract and bring in a comp pick.

Do nothing that weakens the team for the upcoming season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hate the idea unless you get absolutely overwhelmed by an offer....You cant have enough OL depth...

If anyone ever wondered about that they learned last year, or at least they should have learned.

sbark

Reaction score
Making room for Allaracon....not sure of spelling

jnday

Reaction score
Give me a legit DT and I might be into it
There is no need to lose OL depth and make the oline weak just to add a DT that to a group that has not even had time to be properly evaluated. Both lines could end up weaker.