Video: Connor Williams was solid against Pats

jrumann59

Reaction score
You're dreaming if you think he Cowboys FO is likely to stand still for spending that kind of money to replace Williams. They'd elect to wait 'til the next draft to take someone to replace him for far less. They aren't in any advantageous position in their cap money at this time to make that kind of money expendable. They'll likely wait 'til next year to attend to a solution.

Otherwise, you should look for them to draft a promising rookie guard to fill that spot before considering any LG with experience to replace Williams. Someone like Connor McGovern, whom they already have, could easily be the one to get that done, rather than spending that amount.
Oh NO Dallas wont spend that. CW will be starters somewhere else like NYG,

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I did. You’ve yet to show me the 4th and 1s Zeke missed in the redzone…..
He's failed many times because he refuses to dive over the pile. That's a fact. Sorry that it bothers you, but for someone getting paid $15 million a year, asking to dive over piles to convert 4th & 1s or to get into the endzone should be standard.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think he missed four short yardage ones he should have converted.

• Zeke missed a 3rd and 1 at the 30
  • Zeke missed a 4th and 1 at the 30
  • Zeke missed a 1st and 1 at the goal line
  • Zeke missed a 2nd and 1 at the goal line
@rocyaice doesn't want to hear it. It's obvious he is protecting Zeke at all costs. Smh

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
we have redzone issues. zeke cant make a 2 yard td .

giphy.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's had 9 penalties, 7 accepted, 2 declined.

He's given up 75 yards with only five O-linemen giving up more than 35 yards in penalties, and just one of them within 25 yards of what he's given up. No lies, it's definitely a problem.
I stand corrected, even though declined or offsetting penalties don't count. You're right, though, it's definitely a problem.

Apologies @CowboyRoy .

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He's is a solid LG and can play multiple positions so definitely has a long future in the NFL. Is he the weakest link in the OL? I would say him and the Center are, but both have improved year on, but i would like to see Collins play some LG to compare.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he missed four short yardage ones he should have converted.

• Zeke missed a 3rd and 1 at the 30
  • Zeke missed a 4th and 1 at the 30
  • Zeke missed a 1st and 1 at the goal line
  • Zeke missed a 2nd and 1 at the goal line
Yeah but you listed no 4th and 1s in the redzone lol. That’s what I was asking….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's failed many times because he refuses to dive over the pile. That's a fact. Sorry that it bothers you, but for someone getting paid $15 million a year, asking to dive over piles to convert 4th & 1s or to get into the endzone should be standard.
What makes you think it “bothers” me?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, they weren’t 4th and 1’s in the RedZone. It still was a bit disappointing though IMO. I expect better from Zeke.
I mean I think offensive line are partly responsible. He was talking about the issue being Zeke not wanting to dive over guys…I don’t think the answer is diving for a whole yard on 4th and 1 is what I was trying to get him to understand.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Solid player but he won't get a new contract here unless he takes a major hometown discount. highly unlikely.

He seems like a G and T tweener. doesn't have the length for T and doesn't have the strength for G. I think if he were a viable T, he would have been playing it in some form or fashion long ago, at least as a backup option to shift to if someone went down.
The Cowboys didn't see Rashawn Slater as a tackle either. But if you have the feet you don't necessarily need the length. I don't think La'el is particularly long either.

DRella

Reaction score
Anyway we can convert Steele to a guard? Has he ever played guard before.

With Collins coming back after the bye and the rest of the line intact. The weak point is definitely Williams. He's a drive killer. Has been all season. Also, his play next to Smith has cause him to take more penalties I think. Tyrone is being asked to do his job and cover for Williams deficiencies.

Steele has been pretty good during these last 5 games. Been impressed with his development. If there is a way to convert him or make him the utility knife of the OL. That would be awesome.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's had 9 penalties, 7 accepted, 2 declined.

He's given up 75 yards with only five O-linemen giving up more than 35 yards in penalties, and just one of them within 25 yards of what he's given up. No lies, it's definitely a problem.
Four of those penalties are from this past game where they had possibly the worst officiating crew in nfl history.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Loso86

Reaction score
You beat me to it.

Big Game James nailed it.

Connor Williams was more than solid against the Patriots. He definitely showed he deserves to be starting. It looks like Connor keeps improving week by week. It's a shame because some other team in free agency is going to reap the rewards by season's end of us building Connor Williams up the past few years.
Agrer, question is what is he worth?

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is good for his size. But He's not big enough to handle the big Brahma Bulls inside. Just a fact.