CFZ Conspiracy Theory Question: Was Tyron's Injury Staged?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I mean, if they wanted to rest him, they could've just sat him. Seems odd you would fake an injury to one of the most important positions on the line just to rest someone. What if our younger Smith went out there and tore his ACL on the first snap? Now you don't have the older Smith able to come in and take back over because he has a hamstring that isn't really torn off the bone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could this have been the plan all along?

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.
Your conspiracy story makes zero sense. If team had faith in Tyler without a game ever played and Tyron being one of the top LTs in the league then they are stupider than I give them credit. Of the smiths make a stronger OL then why weaken it. And subsequently they signed Peter's so it wasn't even to try and keep somebody else on the roster

Plus way too many people involved and had to coordinate their stories to pull this off for and ends to no means.

The fact is smith had been injury prone. This time it happened in preseason. And it's not like preseason injuries never happen.

So no your story makes no sense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.
Umm worse conspiracy theory ever, please limit the smoking and posting. It shows.im not reading all that mess because the headline says all i need to know.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Again, I wasn't making the claim. Just posing the question.

There's a difference.

Because, truthfully, I don't know.

And thanks.
Pass2Run, You went beyond the question, You made your perceived points to back up your question. In effect you believe in the possibility. That is why some are good natured ribbing you. No one thinks you are a nut though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pass2Run, You went beyond the question, You made your perceived points to back up your question. In effect you believe in the possibility. That is why some are good natured ribbing you. No one thinks you are a nut though.
No just severely intoxicated when writing it.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Not gonna make fun of you as some have…because I don’t think it’s all that ridiculous. Roster manipulation absolutely goes on.

I just doubt they would do it with HIM, leaving Tyler to learn LT on the fly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not gonna make fun of you as some have…because I don’t think it’s all that ridiculous. Roster manipulation absolutely goes on.

I just doubt they would do it with HIM, leaving Tyler to learn LT on the fly.
Washington, for sure. those are obvious.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Everyone in here is now dumber from reading this

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
flak flak flak flak flak...
Aflak...

fd1643fc-5802-49d8-83df-6ae57291a353_750x422.jpg

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Hard to fake a clean off the bone injury.
I would think the NFL reviews medical records.
So a medical professional would have to lie in print.
Don't see this happening.
If caught the Cowboys would face major league discipline.
And the league loves to hammer the Cowboys.
Ask Zeke

ItzKelz

Reaction score

AcademicOptimisticAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

Pass2Run

Reaction score

My perceived points are all facts.

I think it's possible, sure. But I don't have anything to back it up the possibility. So, again, it's a question. Not saying it's true.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
My perceived points are all facts.

I think it's possible, sure. But I don't have anything to back it up the possibility. So, again, it's a question. Not saying it's true.
It happens on most teams, most every year. But, not with star players like Smith. If he was healthy, he was playing.