CFZ Conspiracy Theory Question: Was Tyron's Injury Staged?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could this have been the plan all along?

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.
I love a good conspiracy theory myself, but this would be hard to imagine. Guys do get paid for being on IR right? He's getting paid his 10 plus million salary right?Its hard to imagine Jerry the businessman paying a guy that much to not play. There were no guarantees the rookie would be able to handle LT from the start and if he had crumbled, so too would the season. Thats a huge risk to take and pay well for on top of it. The only thing that would make sense there is if they just figured he can't play full seasons anymore, so lets stash him until late in the year. Then you have him for DEC and the playoffs. But what if we were 3-8 and not going to the playoffs anyway- then that would mean Jerry paid him well for a nice vacation while the team lost and the games in Dec mean nothing anyway. Hard to figure. Just saw - Wag the Dog again last weekend, good movie.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.
No.

That does not make sense from any point of view.

They started the season with Waletzko trying to recover from an injury. Why not just put him on IR?

They signed Jason Peters. Why would they do that if Tyron was not really injured?

Players are only required to be on IR for 4 games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Let me grab my tinfoil hat, then lets talk about it... : )

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, they play Tyler exclusively at LG through the preseason, until just before the last preseason game when they fake Tyron's injury.
They make the OL decidedly worse than it would be with Tyron and Tyler in there (no, Tyler hasn't been nearly as good as Tyron, especially in pass blocking).
They were so confident that this team, which everyone pegged before the season as about a .500 team, would make the playoffs that they decided to pull this 10-dimensional chess move.
They signed Jason Peters, taking up a roster spot that could have been Tyron's, because, well, I'm not sure how that fits.
I think you're really onto something!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They need to rename this board ComedyZone. :laugh:

Bagman

Reaction score

Next thing we'll here is that Joe Theismann's snapped leg was "staged". Okayyyy

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Jerry's been purposely sabotaging winning another SB this whole time because he's waiting for the return of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster.

plymkr

Reaction score
well thought out, you mean he needs to not drunk/high posts. that's a book written about nothing but the worst conspiracy theory EVER!
No way. I respectfully disagree. The flat Earth is the worst conspiracy ever.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes, and his footprints were fake too. All staged in the Arizona desert.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Surely this is satire... Right?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Tyrone had surgery.............so unless the doctors, nurses, and the hospital are in on the conspiracy, I would say this is way out in left field.

irishline

Reaction score
Again, I wasn't making the claim. Just posing the question.

There's a difference.

Because, truthfully, I don't know.

And thanks.

I love when people say things like this. "It wasn't me, I was just posting a question, not making a claim." No one in the world was making that claim, you made it up by posting the question.

If you are going to make the scenario up to post a question about it, honestly there is zero difference because you are the one who created it in the first place. Then the "truthfully I don't know part". Really, seriously? What your doing is saying hey I am going to make this up, then say I was just asking a question when called out on it, followed by telling people that what I made up could be plausable because you can't disprove it (despite the premise itself being out there crazy with zero information/proof to remotely support it). Stuff like your original post is literally the circular firing squad that creats conspiracies. If you are going to do it, own it, all of it.

Come on man, do better.

Last edited: