CFZ Conspiracy Theory Question: Was Tyron's Injury Staged?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

But the reason I'm curios is because they got a closer look at him in camp, so they had more Intel than you and I (and others) even though we both like the potential of the player.

Then, with everyone speculating, they could have thought, well, if we only get him for parts of the season it'd be better to be the last part and playoffs.

Then again, probably not...just thought it was an interesting and lucky scenario that could end up being best case whether they intended it or not.
They had Tyler practicing only at LG prior to Tyron's injury...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the only conspiracy theory is the shank in Wade's back from Garrett. It turned out to be true.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could this have been the plan all along?

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.

"Brother, you may be on to something." -- AmericasCowboy

nathanlt

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.

Um... well, it's not the playoffs yet, so no guarantee that Tyron will be ready for the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Players play football. They've been playing it their entire lives, and they all know their professional careers will be relatively short. The notion that they'd agree to a ploy to sit out one of their remaining seasons to play football, in the hope that their team will earn a playoff berth without them, is something straight out of a video game.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Well, we are facing massive shortage of conspiracy theories as most of them have come true.

We could use a few more

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Man Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is not that football smart. He got rid of Jimmy Johnson's stash player, Jimmy Smith, WR, and has been chasing WRs ever since.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry can barely make a coherent sentence, yet he is this great mastermind pulling the levers behind the curtain:huh:

Even the guys who think Goddel is out to get us because Jerry tired to get him fired aint buying this, LOL