CFZ Conspiracy Theory Question: Was Tyron's Injury Staged?

irishline

Reaction score
No way. I respectfully disagree. The flat Earth is the worst conspiracy ever.

giphy.gif

tunahelper

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could this have been the plan all along?

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.
Watch refrees throw crazy flags and then say I don't believe in conspiracy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, Tyron Smith voluntarily sat out 3/4 of the season cause. You nailed that one.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This just might be the most ridiculous part in forum history. So the Cowboys are going to take their rt and sit him for an unproven rookie which had them scramble to add peters, risk their qb getting hurt, and no way in hell to know if you will even be in contention.

This thought process is insane.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love a good conspiracy theory...but this does not fly for me. Just because someone sits out the first 10+ games...that does not guarantee health for a playoff run. He could get hurt on his 1st play from scrimmage, so I am not buying this was a move to keep him healthy for the stretch run
Maybe change your name to PuffPuffPassPass.....good story though :D:D:D

817Gill

Reaction score
Did you watch the video of his injury? Give him an academy award if that was staged lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know I'll catch some flak for this. But I'm also curious. I understand the power of a story, and I also understand the tricky numbers game when it comes to rosters. I also understand that teams have to manipulate the roster, sometimes, in order to bring who they want to specific games. And then, we all know how being healthy in the post-season can make a break a team's chances at a run.

So, before the season, we were all predicting that Tryon Smith would be injured for at least several games during the season. And many of us were upset that not much was done to address the issue, even though Tyron was at camp and healthy.

Then, what we were all predicting would happen, of course, happened. A fluke injury where Tyron goes down, untouched, and then later we're told Tyron was fine, but giving "grunts" as a response to how he felt. Then the next day, we hear a story about how Tyron Smith's hamstring came clean off the bone during the play in which he collapsed untouched.

Could this have been the plan all along?

Could the Cowboys have had enough faith in Tyler Smith to orchestrate a sort of Wag the Dog move where, on the surface, it appeared Tyron Smith was injured during practice, but It just so happened to be during a practice in which in-house media was streaming live.

So is there any chance at all that this could have been an orchestrated "stash" move?

If it was, I'd be impressed. I know some of you will say that no way are Jerry and Stephen smart enough to pull off something like this. But I beg to differ. They've been doing this long enough to where maybe they aren't smart, overall, but they'd know how to do do something like this.

The Cowboys have cut Terrell Basham, and Beckham isn't supposed to arrive for a visit until December 5. So, it looks to me like the Basham move was to make room for Tyron Smith.

What are the chances that Tyron comes back at 100%? What are the chances his injury was a way to manipulate the roster and keep Tyron Smith healthy for the playoffs.

If he were to come back that would certainly make our line better. And having sat out for the first 11 games, would also increase his chances of staying healthy for the playoffs. He's the kind of player who I think needs very little practice.

In any case, just an idea. I'm not making any claims. Just wondering how many of you would be willing to consider that Tyron's injury was plotted. If it was, I think it's a pretty bright idea.

If it wasn't, well . . . let's just say I hope Tyron Smith can come back and make an impact anyway. I know some think that moving Tyler Smith inside is a "mistake," but I don't see it that way. And I don't think the Cowboys do either.

We're gonna keep a pro bowl LT out of games and out of practice so we can keep an extra 55th man on the roster?

No, I think you do that with other guys in the 50s.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Do I think it was staged? No. However, it would have made sense. At this point, Tyron would be on the shelf for some injury or another, and probably done for the year. Best to have him fresh for the playoffs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd venture to say it's likely anyone's guess if Tyron will prove able to maintain his health long enough to help this team get far in the playoffs.

These kinds of actions appear to be somewhat desperate attempts to appeal to this team's fanbase as legitimate attempts to attain success.

I don't doubt that there are just as many of us who are skeptical about Tyron's chances of remaining healthy enough to help us get to the SB.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Fellas, do you think Jerry has secretly wanted the team to lose the past 27 seasons to make our next Super Bowl victory that much sweeter?

No, but I guarantee he loves doing this more....

dagobert-duffy.gif

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Actually no it's not. But okay, let's not go into that...

Are you one of those people who like to argue for the sake of it? Like, obviously, I have my reasons for being curious but nowhere did I inject any claims or statements of fact.

I'm actually curious to hear what what kind of stupid reasoning you plan on using to refute that it was merely a question.

In fact, I think it's less than 50 percent possible but more than 20 percent.

So, yeah, let's here it bucko.Get into it all you want.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No.

That does not make sense from any point of view.

They started the season with Waletzko trying to recover from an injury. Why not just put him on IR?

They signed Jason Peters. Why would they do that if Tyron was not really injured?

Players are only required to be on IR for 4 games.

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

But the reason I'm curios is because they got a closer look at him in camp, so they had more Intel than you and I (and others) even though we both like the potential of the player.

Then, with everyone speculating, they could have thought, well, if we only get him for parts of the season it'd be better to be the last part and playoffs.

Then again, probably not...just thought it was an interesting and lucky scenario that could end up being best case whether they intended it or not.