Content If We Get Berry, Quinn & Cobb?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys at a decent price?

Or are there still too many holes to be considered a legit contender?

Between the draft and training camp cuts, we should be able to pick up some more talent there, too.

I, myself, would feel okay with the moves.

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
Berry- Not really big on him since he's only played 3 games over the last 2 seasons. But if he's at a good price, I'd be happy.

Quinn-Only if we give up a 5th rounder or less

Cobb-Could care less. Never really thought he was great. His success was more due to Roger's and being in a pass happy offense.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Quinn is an adequate fill in for Gregory at RDE...

Berry is simply an overpaid,unreliable S at this point... just don’t see how he adds anything but another huge question mark to our D

Cobb? He is an upgrade over Beasley IMO bc he can play inside and outside. I like him more than Hurns—that’s for sure

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cobb, yes. He'd help the offense.

Quinn, I would need to see the trade. I don't know how you can be for or against adding him without knowing the cost in terms of draft picks.

Berry is a complete roll of the dice. You almost have to treat it as if you didn't add him as he may not play for you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys?

Between the draft and training camp cuts, we should be able to pick up some more talent there, too.

I'd be in the middle.

Cautiously optimistic I suppose.

Some "names" to be sure, but names from 2014 as well. And available because it's 2019.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cobb, yes. He'd help the offense.

Quinn, I would need to see the trade. I don't know how you can be for or against adding him without knowing the cost in terms of draft picks.

Berry is a complete roll of the dice. You almost have to treat it as if you didn't add him as he may not play for you.

No as high on Cobb as you, but I feel the same about the rest. If nothing else, I'd give the team some credit for trying, whether I agreed with all of their decisions or not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys?

These guys could potentially address the majority of issues, but there are real unknowns with all of them based on health. It’s unlikely any are at their peak, but if they are healthy and at least in the general neighborhood of their best they will help.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’d be fine with that. I’d take a flier on McDowell too, if his brain isn’t complete mush. I doubt the demand for his services is very big.

If Berry is healthy then he’d be a great pickup, but I’d rather go with a safer option at S. Wish they had a shot at Mathieu.

Kage

Reaction score
All of these possible signings/trades are risky.

The only one not risky is Cobb, but that signing wouldn't move the needle in either direction.

This has to be a wait and see kind of off season. No way to determine if its good or bad until after games are played due to injury history of players.

garyv

Reaction score
I was just reading that Cobb would be an upgrade from Beasley in the slot and cheaper. Do you agree ?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It would be doing something - but it still shows we don't respect the safety position enough like we don't respect the DT position.

Until I see them making big moves for both positions, nothing will change.

Swanny

Reaction score
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys at a decent price?

Pass on Cobb

Sydla

Reaction score
Depending on the price on Quinn............... I'd give an ehhh. A lot hinges on Berry staying healthy and Quinn being acquired for a crap pick.