Content If We Get Berry, Quinn & Cobb?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All three are stop-gaps that fill a niche. So, in that regard, yes, I would be reasonably pleased.

None, in and of themselves, would put the Cowboys over the edge with regard to a SB run. They are not the "one player away" type individuals like, for instance, Haley

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just reading that Cobb would be an upgrade from Beasley in the slot and cheaper. Do you agree ?
Hard to say if he would be an upgrade or not at this point and after missing a lot of time last season, but if he is completely healthy he should be at least as good and possibly better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would be satisfied with the effort by the FO.

I feel like adding Quinn and Covington would be solidly addressing the DL depth issues, also knowing that the draft is deep with talented DL we will probably get at least one in rounds 2-3.

Cobb I would be happy with. He would be IMO a solid replacement for Beasley.

Berry is a huge WC. He could upgrade the position. He could never see the field and basically we would be stuck with Heath starting again.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It's not enough to beat the Rams in L.A. in the playoffs, so, no. We might be able to get back to the playoffs, maybe, but all we're doing in the end is likely wasting another prime year of our studs.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They are not the "one player away" type individuals like, for instance, Haley

You can make an argument that the "one player away" was Amari Cooper and we got him at midseason.

Also Travis Frederick coming back makes our offense on par with 2016, and with the greatly improved defense you will have a team that can play with anyone. A lot of things have to come together for a team to win a Super Bowl, but if they continue to plug holes in FA and draft they way they have been, Dallas will be a contender.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Barry would have to be league minimum since he will get hurt and we'll end up playing heath again at SS anyway.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I feel like adding Quinn and Covington would be solidly addressing the DL depth issues, also knowing that the draft is deep with talented DL we will probably get at least one in rounds 2-3.

Cobb I would be happy with. He would be IMO a solid replacement for Beasley.

Berry is a huge WC. He could upgrade the position. He could never see the field and basically we would be stuck with Heath starting again.

Totally agree they will spend a high pick on DL, plus you should get improvement from Armstrong, Taco and/or Gregory.

I think Safety will work itself out with one of Geathers, Iloka or Berry but it will take time for the dust to settle.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's not enough to beat the Rams in L.A. in the playoffs, so, no. We might be able to get back to the playoffs, maybe, but all we're doing in the end is likely wasting another prime year of our studs.

The Rams went all in last year with big contracts for guys like Suh and Joyner. The contracts for Aaron Donald and Gurley take huge jumps going forward.

And every team in the NFL is going to follow what they Patriots did in the Super Bowl to force Jared Goff to make line reads next year.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I was just reading that Cobb would be an upgrade from Beasley in the slot and cheaper. Do you agree ?

I don't, The guy hasn't been productive or healthy in 3 years. How is that an upgrade over a healthy guy that fit the offense? Price is the only plus

Feel the same about Berry. The FO is using "names" as a "see we signed guys"

Quinn I'd like for less than a 4.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good point.

Because adding Quinn and Cobb and Berry means we can't sign those guys.
Not necessarily.

And quite frankly, there is no reason to extend Elliott or Smith right now other than wanting them to feel loved. And Jones? He's a cornerback and is getting overrated like mad right now.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I would feel pretty down the middle on those signings. I should say, I would have more optimism with them on the roster than with them not being added. How much is difficult to say right now. Of those "names" I'd be the most intrigued with Berry. Just for no other reason than the potential to drastically improve a neglected position for far too long. Plus still be in the market to add one in the draft for additional insurance too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to the moves. The Cowboys need to fill out their roster with vets. I’d consider these moves solid.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m happy we’re looking at all these guys lol but seriously doom and gloom from last week. It’s good what we’re doing now. Due diligence is good. Especially with berry.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys at a decent price?

Or are there still too many holes to be considered a legit contender?

Between the draft and training camp cuts, we should be able to pick up some more talent there, too.

I, myself, would feel okay with the moves.

Thanks.
Was thinking about making a thread on this earlier. But figured it would get the usual responses. As I need to read through all the post yet though.

To answer the question, yes I would feel better. Though I was not feeling horrible about the off season so far. Just wanted a bit more activity.
Throw in McDowel too with these 3 and I would feel real good about it.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The Rams went all in last year with big contracts for guys like Suh and Joyner. The contracts for Aaron Donald and Gurley take huge jumps going forward.

And every team in the NFL is going to follow what they Patriots did in the Super Bowl to force Jared Goff to make line reads next year.

I don't exactly have faith that we could beat the Rams with coaching strategy.