Content If We Get Berry, Quinn & Cobb?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Yes. It would be the most we've done in years. If this does happen, I can finally tell we want to win now and we're not BSing. They weren't my first choice when it came to FA's but it's a start in the right direction. And it will make us a little better.

But.. I doubt we sign any of them.. Haha. (or trade)

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys at a decent price?

Or are there still too many holes to be considered a legit contender?

Between the draft and training camp cuts, we should be able to pick up some more talent there, too.

I, myself, would feel okay with the moves.
Great no but def would consider the three an improvement over who is there.

RamziD

Reaction score
Dont care about Cobb. Rather get McDowell.

That guy apparently has crazy injuries to his head/eye. An early 2nd round pick that was cut 2 years into his rookie deal. Doesn’t sound very promising.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Would you guys feel good with the early part of FA if we were to get those guys at a decent price?

Or are there still too many holes to be considered a legit contender?

Between the draft and training camp cuts, we should be able to pick up some more talent there, too.

I, myself, would feel okay with the moves.

If we got Quinn and Berry, I'd be ecstatic that we actually made an attempt to improve this team. Plus, we added some other pieces that could turn out to be complimentary.

That doesn't mean I expect to land either. With the Joneses, I'll believe it when I see it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm ok with those three additions as long as we don't give up too much draft capital.

aria

Reaction score
They all seem like another bottom tier reach, typical of Jerrah.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Would be fine. Just would want a safety to be drafted too cause I don't trust Berry staying healthy.

I have to think the either the contract for Berry will be very light on guaranteed money or they have good medical reports on him. It doesn't make sense to give him a lot of money, so there has to be more to the picture.

Cobb is an upgrade from Beasley, he was my second choice after Golden Tate and it seems like the team didn't want Beasley back at all.

Quinn is a good fit if he comes cheap, he could be a Jeremy Mincey that gives you one last good season, but if you get a breakout from Armstrong, Taco or Gregory and Quinn becomes a rotation guy then you haven't really lost anything.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If we got Quinn and Berry, I'd be ecstatic that we actually made an attempt to improve this team. Plus, we added some other pieces that could turn out to be complimentary.

That doesn't mean I expect to land either. With the Joneses, I'll believe it when I see it.

This, Cobb would be icing on the cake BUT I can eat plain cake too.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Cobb, yes. He'd help the offense.

Quinn, I would need to see the trade. I don't know how you can be for or against adding him without knowing the cost in terms of draft picks.

Berry is a complete roll of the dice. You almost have to treat it as if you didn't add him as he may not play for you.
I agree with you. Also the thing about Quinn is his contract which i would think we would rework it. If I'm not mistaken is around 12 million or so

Kaiser

Reaction score
That guy apparently has crazy injuries to his head/eye. An early 2nd round pick that was cut 2 years into his rookie deal. Doesn’t sound very promising.

But it doesn't cost anything to find out. If he is a camp body it costs us nothing. But once in a blue moon you hit the lotto on guys like this, WR Jimmy Smith was hurt his first two years in Dallas and cut, then went to five Pro Bowls with Jacksonville.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And McDowell...can’t forget McDowell...he’s essential for a successful off season.