Convince me that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just stop. Convince me after one game Is cherry picking. He has played well for the most part. His refusal to run with the ball is confusing to me.. He would rather stand there and have the ball stripped from his hand than take off. He did it twice tonight and got first downs. He used to make teams fear he runs with it. When he don’t do this and plays like this then he looks like wentz...

Nav22

Reaction score
He isnt top-10 in passer rating a.t.m

But you are going to point to the “qbr” metric that no one has the forumla to
QBR is a better source than passer rating, unless you think QB runs and fumbles are completely irrelevant to the position.

By just about any other metric, Dak’s been top 10 easily.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Convince me, based off this game, that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now.

This was embarrassing honestly.
Better than average, I say top Ten. He has a big heart and a good leader. He should not be payed more than $30 million. I would sign Cooper and franchise Dak. If I was Jerry and received a good offer on Dak; make the deal.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Convince me, based off this game, that Dak Prescott is a top shelf QB and worth signing right now.

This was embarrassing honestly.

Dak will be in the top 5 MVP voting when all is said and done this year. Guy has had a very good season. My biggest point would be how can any player be judged when they work with the worst coaching staff in the league.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
QBR is a better source than passer rating, unless you think QB runs and fumbles are completely irrelevant to the position.

Go ahead and explain to us how ESPN determines their QBR - then give me the names of the people who put it together.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s good enough to win with and certainly good enough to be the long-term QB.

Nothing else matters to me.

Those who keep slamming Dak (not you) are just hoping that reality will somehow change and he’ll magically be a bad QB who we cut or trade. It’s adorable.

Dak’s kicking their teeth in at life and ruining their fan experience.

Did you know you're considered a Joke here?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
355 passing yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int, 65% completions, 4 sacks, 92 passer rating today against a very good D.

Just like Packers game where a lot of yards after the game was decided and the other D giving up the underneath and the score all of sudden looks respectable. If you did not see the game you are like Dak was killing it. So stats do lie.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Nah

On Sunday, Jimmy G put up this stat-line:
14/20 completions
70%
253 yards
2 tds
0 ints
145.8 passer rating

His QBR was 18.2

its a stupid metric