News: Cooper and Byron Jones probably gone

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I’m ok with it. What have these guys ever won? The Jones’ are always enamored with players that don’t win.

the new coach won’t likely be able to change this culture, but I’m hoping against hope he does

Outside of Charles Haley, what had any of the players or coaches won in the NFL in 1992? Fact is they lost to the Lions the year before and got knocked out of the play-offs.

What a ridiculous comment.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper isnt going anywhere. Even without the tag there is a long window they can sign hin before the new league year

Unless we tag him, he can do whatever he wants. There has been no indication he preferences Dallas.
Outside of Charles Haley, what had any of the players or coaches won in the NFL in 1992? Fact is they lost to the Lions the year before and got knocked out of the play-offs.

What a ridiculous comment.

Yeah, but if you recall that time, the team was building and making progress every year. There was no backsliding and way more optimism. It is not in any way analogous to this Garret era.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I think we retain Cooper. Especially if we get a strong head coach here beforehand. He doesn’t strike me as the guy who just wants to play for any old team.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Unless we tag him, he can do whatever he wants. There has been no indication he preferences Dallas.

Yeah, but if you recall that time, the team was building and making progress every year. There was no backsliding and way more optimism. It is not in any way analogous to this Garret era.

Right, the team was three years away from 3-13 and a pocketful of draft picks due to the Walker trade.

How about the defense which has been rated pretty high the last couple of years but not before that?

The point is what have they won? What had the 92 team won? In 91 they won one play-off game and was exited from the play-offs. Garrett has done that.

So saying why keep Copper, because what has he won is an absurd comment.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not true. Rams gave 2 first rounders for Ramsey and haven’t signed him yet.
Steeelrs gave a 1st for M Fitzpatrick and haven’t signed him yet.

sorry to interfere with your self hate.

Fair response

But fyi, I dont hate myself, quite the opposite

Xeven

Reaction score
Cooper probably like to make something of himself.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Gotta sign Dak so we can franchise Amari - I've been saying it all year. Amari is a weird character, I knew this would happen.

How is he weird? Every player wants the most money that is coming to them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, the team was three years away from 3-13 and a pocketful of draft picks due to the Walker trade.

How about the defense which has been rated pretty high the last couple of years but not before that?

The point is what have they won? What had the 92 team won? In 91 they won one play-off game and was exited from the play-offs. Garrett has done that.

So saying why keep Copper, because what has he won is an absurd comment.

1-5, 3-13, 7-9, 11-5...........thats a progression. Garrets has had 10 seasons to get this right. Do you see a progression?

Cooper is an entirely different and unrelated discussion. They should have extended him BEFORE they sent the 1st round pick to Oakland. But we don't have a real GM.

superonyx

Reaction score
You think we’re going to keep Coop with the way his agent is talking?
Of course.
Would his agent be doing his job by saying we are not going to test the market? Do you think Cooper would be happy with his agent giving up negotiating power by saying “we want Jerry to make us an offer because we want to stay in Dallas”? You don’t give up your leverage like that.