Cooper Rush arm strength is concerning

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak has been in the league for 9 years, and gets curb-stomped every year in the playoffs the moment he plays a legit playoff team.

Jordan Love punked him for gawd's sake.
1. Dak is GOING on his 9th year, was a Cowboy for 8 years, but only played 7 due to injury causing him to miss one season. So he's only played 7 seasons.....

2. The Dallas Cowboys team got curb stomped. This isn't boxing, tennis and golf. Dak didn't fail by himself, the whole team did.

3. You said Jordan Love dunked Dak.... how? I didn’t catch every play of that game due to bathroom breaks and serving myself a plate.... but maybe I missed it when Dak ran out to play defense.

Did Dak play corner, safety or line backer?? Last I checked quarterbacks aren't on the field at the same time so..... Jordan Love and their running back certainly did punk our defense..... and our offense got punked by their defense.

Our coaches got punked by their coaches.

My advice to you is to invest in a bigger tv. Apparently your tv is so small, you were only able to see one player playing bad, when Stevie Wonder can see it was more than one player playing bad. The whole team played bad.

erod

Reaction score
1. Dak is GOING on his 9th year, was a Cowboy for 8 years, but only played 7 due to injury causing him to miss one season. So he's only played 7 seasons.....

2. The Dallas Cowboys team got curb stomped. This isn't boxing, tennis and golf. Dak didn't fail by himself, the whole team did.

3. You said Jordan Love dunked Dak.... how? I didn’t catch every play of that game due to bathroom breaks and serving myself a plate.... but maybe I missed it when Dak ran out to play defense.

Did Dak play corner, safety or line backer?? Last I checked quarterbacks aren't on the field at the same time so..... Jordan Love and their running back certainly did punk our defense..... and our offense got punked by their defense.

Our coaches got punked by their coaches.

My advice to you is to invest in a bigger tv. Apparently your tv is so small, you were only able to see one player playing bad, when Stevie Wonder can see it was more than one player playing bad. The whole team played bad.
Lol, the purest definition of homeristic cluelessness I've read perhaps ever.

erod

Reaction score
Bob Sturm is trashing Trey Lance today. He's ready to cut him.

GINeric

Reaction score
Lol, the purest definition of homeristic cluelessness I've read perhaps ever.

I'm being a homer because I said our whole team and coaching staff got punked???? How is telling the truth being homeristic??

You apparently didn't watch the game.

erod

Reaction score
I'm being a homer because I said our whole team and coaching staff got punked???? How is telling the truth being homeristic??

You apparently didn't watch the game.
Yep, Isaw all the punts and pick-sixes in their full glory. Dak was gawd awful as usual in the playoffs. Then he threw for his garbage stats when the game was decided.

GINeric

Reaction score
I think Rush would take the Cowboys farther as a starter than Dak has.
Is that clear enough for you?

It's clear what YOU are saying.... but what's not clear is... if Rush was really as good as you believe he is.... you mean to tell me that 31 other highly paid coaches, GMs and scouts couldn't see what you've seen in him in 8 years?

I'm trying to be as respectful as hell, but you're coming across as EXTREMELY delusional my guy. Either that or you are just trolling/joking, or whatever you want to call it.

You can't sit here and tell me you know more about NFL talent than all the coaches, GMs and scouts in the NFL. Is that what you're telling me??

GINeric

Reaction score
Yep, Isaw all the punts and pick-sixes in their full glory. Dak was gawd awful as usual in the playoffs. Then he threw for his garbage stats when the game was decided.
I never said Dak didn't play bad. I included him in with the rest of the team being punked. So how is saying the whole team getting punked being homeristic???

Are you trying to tell me the whole team and coaching staff DIDN'T get punked? I'm confused my guy....

leeblair

Reaction score
It's clear what YOU are saying.... but what's not clear is... if Rush was really as good as you believe he is.... you mean to tell me that 31 other highly paid coaches, GMs and scouts couldn't see what you've seen in him in 8 years?

I'm trying to be as respectful as hell, but you're coming across as EXTREMELY delusional my guy. Either that or you are just trolling/joking, or whatever you want to call it.

You can't sit here and tell me you know more about NFL talent than all the coaches, GMs and scouts in the NFL. Is that what you're telling me??
Do you really think it's that simple?
How many times do the so-called professionals in the NFL get it wrong? And how many would go so far out on a limb to grab a backup quarterback to be the starter for their team?
These GM's are average men- no better-- and they fear for their jobs. They make their decisions based upon what is popular out of fear of losing their income, and then they still get it wrong most of the time.
Only a true head coach makes decisions based on his convictions, and you rarely see that in the NFL these days.
So a guy like Cooper Rush gets rejected- not because of his ability or lack thereof, but because he is not the flavor of the month.

Quit using that argument that "why didn't anyone else want him?".
I am telling you why.
The nepotism and ignorance in the NFL has reached a fever pitch, which is why the circus has come to town in so many franchises.
But make no mistake; for the one with the guts to stand on his convictions, there are more Cooper Rushes to be found and success to be had.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
Do you really think it's that simple?
How many times do the so-called professionals in the NFL get it wrong? And how many would go so far out on a limb to grab a backup quarterback to be the starter for their team?
These GM's are average men- no better-- and they fear for their jobs. They make their decisions based upon what is popular out of fear of losing their income, and then they still get it wrong most of the time.
Only a true head coach makes decisions based on his convictions, and you rarely see that in the NFL these days.
So a guy like Cooper Rush gets rejected- not because of his ability or lack thereof, but because he is not the flavor of the month.

Quit using that argument that "why didn't anyone else want him?".
I am telling you why.
The nepotism and ignorance in the NFL has reached a fever pitch, which is why the circus has come to town in so many franchises.
But make no mistake; for the one with the guts to stand on his convictions, there are more Cooper Rushes to be found and success to be had.

My guy Lee.... I respect you fam. I respect you bro. Any man or woman who watches football and believe that a backup quarterback who spent half of his career on practice squads and backup duty, with a noodle arm is better than a perennial top 10, All Pro, MVP candidate...

You won man.... you won.

Well let me ask you this one last question and then I'll leave it alone....

What other top 10 quarterback besides Dak that you believe Cooper Rush is better than?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Against actual NFL players and a real NFL defense with real NFL disguises and schemes, Trey Lance would struggle mightily to manage some first downs and 100 yards of passing in a game.

I'm intrigued by the kid, but he is MILES away from being a starting NFL quarterback.

Rush knows where the ball should go, but he's limited by his lack of arm talent. He can still win a game against a mediocre team. Lance can't.

That's just where it stands currently.
No one says that he WON'T struggle. He has a long ways to go. But given the current situation with Dak and Rush being nothing more than a backup with severe lack of arm talent, I would take a flyer on Lance.

Rush is a backup for life dime-a-dozen QB. While Lance has tremendous upside. I also think he can win us games against mediocre teams, just like Rush. Probably even do better than Rush.

I would take a chance on Lance as our 2nd stringer. It won't hurt and we can find ways to use him on various situations too. Heck, he's a better runner than Zeke in short yardage.

leeblair

Reaction score
My guy Lee.... I respect you fam. I respect you bro. Any man or woman who watches football and believe that a backup quarterback who spent half of his career on practice squads and backup duty, with a noodle arm is better than a perennial top 10, All Pro, MVP candidate...

You won man.... you won.

Well let me ask you this one last question and then I'll leave it alone....

What other top 10 quarterback besides Dak that you believe Cooper Rush is better than?
I don't know.
I am not worried about the others and don't study them.
I know Rush is better than Dak and I care because it's the Cowboys.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He’s always been a noodle arm. What doo doo covered Eagle’s nest have you been living under?

erod

Reaction score
No one says that he WON'T struggle. He has a long ways to go. But given the current situation with Dak and Rush being nothing more than a backup with severe lack of arm talent, I would take a flyer on Lance.

Rush is a backup for life dime-a-dozen QB. While Lance has tremendous upside. I also think he can win us games against mediocre teams, just like Rush. Probably even do better than Rush.

I would take a chance on Lance as our 2nd stringer. It won't hurt and we can find ways to use him on various situations too. Heck, he's a better runner than Zeke in short yardage.
It's a silly thing to worry about. Carry all 3. Rush knows the offense better than Dak and Lance combined, but he has the least physical ability. Lance has the most physical ability, but he's got a high school understanding of the offense. Dak is the best combo of physical ability and offensive knowledge, but he's in decline and already peaked.

Basically, Dallas has three backup quarterbacks as it relates to championship potential.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's a silly thing to worry about. Carry all 3. Rush knows the offense better than Dak and Lance combined, but he has the least physical ability. Lance has the most physical ability, but he's got a high school understanding of the offense. Dak is the best combo of physical ability and offensive knowledge, but he's in decline and already peaked.

Basically, Dallas has three backup quarterbacks as it relates to championship potential.
Big Mike said Lance knows the offense.

Lance will be QB2 soon.

The kid earned it.

kskboys

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.
Concerning? You did mean absent, correct?

1time4urMind

Reaction score
So Rush, a practice squad and career backup quarterback is better than Dak, a perennial top 10, All-Pro and MVP candidate quarterback??

1. Based on what?

2. Why haven't the other 31 GMs, scouts and coaches seen what you saw in Rush yet in 8 whole years?

3. If Rush was better than Dak, that means he's top 10. If he's top 10, why haven't he gotten a starting job and a max contract from ANY of the 32 teams yet?

4. What dispensary do you go to?
I don't know.
I am not worried about the others and don't study them.
I know Rush is better than Dak and I care because it's the Cowboys.

Lol.
When you find, literally, every other human being wrong, you most likely have a faulty opinion.
But, I've been chuckling over your posts for days. Just now realizing that you are serious.
Get out of your house. Go for a walk. Order Football for Dummies. Amazon can have it delivered by the time you return.