Cooper Rush arm strength is concerning

erod

Reaction score
Rush has been in the league for 8 years and has bounced on and off practice squads most of his career. That's why when others pumped him up, it was comical.

31 other GMs and coaches didn't get the same memo as some here did.
Dak has been in the league for 9 years, and gets curb-stomped every year in the playoffs the moment he plays a legit playoff team.

Jordan Love punked him for gawd's sake.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
His lack of athleticism scares me, his arm is fine at times, he's just a STIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've just given a sound description of the exact reasoning why Cooper Rush is destined to be a backup and nothing more. Those who claim he's deserving of becoming a starter are simply farting in their undies. He's just a backup that's suited for only what his job requires. In the future meantime, Lance is improving with each outing in the preseason. I'm starting to wonder what might eventually become of their competition.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
I did watch. Maybe you need glasses or new glasses.
LOL, denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

He's doing fine...for a 3rd stringer and developmental project. But he can't read a defense or throw downfield. He's alergic to it. He has zero confidence in himself right now to do it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's doing fine...for a 3rd stringer and developmental project. But he can't read a defense or throw downfield. He's alergic to it. He has zero confidence in himself right now to do it.
Read the article I posted in another thread. Oh, wait you are on that river in Egypt.
You have no idea about his abilities to read a defense. None of us do, except maybe very few that have actually coached (for real).

erod

Reaction score
Read the article I posted in another thread. Oh, wait you are on that river in Egypt.
You have no idea about his abilities to read a defense. None of us do, except maybe very few that have actually coached (for real).
I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dude is 5-1 for his career so...He may not be the reason they won but he didn't contribute to losing a bunch of games which is what you really want from your backup.
This stat is thrown out every time Rush is called out. He got progressively worse in that stretch once DCs figured him out. Watch him play. He checks down 75% of the time, has zero arm strength, and no mobility. The guy is terrible. Please go back and watch his games.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.
The team won with Rush, in the same way they would win with Dak or Lance.
And they won’t win an SB because of the way the Jones’s run the team with or without Rush, Dak or Lance.
Shiny new toy syndrome again!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team won with Rush, in the same way they would win with Dak or Lance.
And they won’t win an SB because of the way the Jones’s run the team with or without Rush, Dak or Lance.
Shiny new toy syndrome again!
So the Jones' put this players on the field they win and can win with. And they have some talent around them.

Last I knew the Jone's are not out there on the field being embarrassed in a playoff game. Throwing INT's and a defense that was too tired to stop the other team.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Rush's arm strength is sub-threshold. He knows where to go with the ball, but there are just NFL windows that shut before he can get to them.

I think we'll see him pull a KM and resurface as an offensive coordinator down the line. Maybe even in Dallas, given how insular this culture is.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
This stat is thrown out every time Rush is called out. He got progressively worse in that stretch once DCs figured him out. Watch him play. He checks down 75% of the time, has zero arm strength, and no mobility. The guy is terrible. Please go back and watch his games.
It still doesn't discount what I said. I'm not saying he's great, a superstar, or deserves to start. He's a capable backup. I'd take him over someone like Nathan Peterman. It's better to check down than throw it to the other team.

UncleRico

Reaction score
Rush is the type of backup that’s perfect if Dak goes down for a few series or a game or 2. Lance is the perfect backup if Dak has a season ending injury.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
So the Jones' put this players on the field they win and can win with. And they have some talent around them.

Last I knew the Jone's are not out there on the field being embarrassed in a playoff game. Throwing INT's and a defense that was too tired to stop the other team.
Who builds the team, appoints the coaches, negotiates the contracts, establishes the culture etc.???
Who is the only consistent for the last 28 years???
Last I knew it was the Jones!
The fish rots from the head down!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Weird....I saw with my own eyes laser beam two long passes at vegas.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who builds the team, appoints the coaches, negotiates the contracts, establishes the culture etc.???
Who is the only consistent for the last 28 years???
Last I knew it was the Jones!
The fish rots from the head down!
Players still need held accountable. Jerry didn't throw 2 into for 14 easy points against gb.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Rush is the type of backup that’s perfect if Dak goes down for a few series or a game or 2. Lance is the perfect backup if Dak has a season ending injury.
If he can improve on his mechanics and decision making I think he has the potential to develop. I like the arm strength, just needs more accuracy and learn not to panic early in plays. Long term I don't really see him as the Cowboys starting QB. My guess is he'll be a career backup QB.