CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Rush is driving the bus and managing games but we’re going to need more than that as the season goes on. We’re simply not generating enough offense and it will catch up with us against better teams and better QBs.
I totally agree and I doubt Rush could lead us deep into the play offs.

But what matters right now is that he is doing an excellent job as the backup QB. And he's doing it with driving the bus aka working with the tools at hand. And in my opinion that is great, hence the thread. :)

Mark

Reaction score
Dak would have lost this game...full stop. He'd have had at LEAST one pick, which would have turned the tide. A great guy...just not the guy needed here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I totally agree and I doubt Rush could lead us deep into the play offs.

But what matters right now is that he is doing an excellent job as the backup QB. And he's doing it with driving the bus aka working with the tools at hand. And in my opinion that is great, hence the thread. :)

As long as the defense continues playing well and keeping opponents out of the endzone we can manage until we play a much better team and QB. Going to be hard to hold down QBs like Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. We have to start generating more offense.

zerofill

Reaction score
As long as the defense continues playing well and keeping opponents out of the endzone we can manage until we play a much better team and QB. Going to be hard to hold down QBs like Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. We have to start generating more offense.

Hard to stop Kupp no matter what...

zerofill

Reaction score
It's possible I've forgotten something, but can anyone name a single mistake he made against the Giants?

He threw a pass way high to the tight end I think it was, towards the sideline.
There was too much in his face on that throw and he tried to sail it over them... and it kept sailing lol.

GINeric

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a bus driver. People around here think you need an elite quarterback to win the superbowl....

But there are elite quarterbacks who HAVEN'T won a superbowl. But there are certainly bus driver quarterbacks who have.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hold my beer! The offense finally found a rhythm. That's what happened for sure. Rush was pretty great all game long, it just took a while for his receivers & offensive line to settle down & give him help. I think this defense is so dang aggressive & it's going to keep the Cowboys in the game more often than that.

This was just one of those examples. But a great, much needed win. Hats off to MM & the coaching staff as well.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a bus driver. People around here think you need an elite quarterback to win the superbowl....

But there are elite quarterbacks who HAVEN'T won a superbowl. But there are certainly bus driver quarterbacks who have.
True.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Feels like OP trying to label Rush as a lesser QB to prop Dak up. Some of yall make it your business to try and keep Dak relevant and it's unnecessary, just sit back and watch a student of the game work.

It's been great to see a QB throw guys open, read defenses, audible and actually look like he knows what he's doing, have really good accuracy, and is not sweating all over the place like he's nervous.

Call it what you want, but Cooper Rush is a winner so far, and he runs a smooth ship as the QB. Next week 4-0.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feels like OP trying to label Rush as a lesser QB to prop Dak up. Some of yall make it your business to try and keep Dak relevant and it's unnecessary, just sit back and watch a student of the game work.

It's been great to see a QB throw guys open, read defenses, audible and actually look like he knows what he's doing, have really good accuracy, and is not sweating all over the place like he's nervous.

Call it what you want, but Cooper Rush is a winner so far, and he runs a smooth ship as the QB. Next week 4-0.

Amen!!!!