CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak would have lost this game...full stop. He'd have had at LEAST one pick, which would have turned the tide. A great guy...just not the guy needed here.

I loved how Rush played but come on if you've ever played a down of football in your life you would have cringed like I did every time he threw those soft wobbly floaters into coverage. Dak is the better qb by a country mile.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If Rush is bus driver, Dak drives a horse buggy.
What Dak fans See;
latest

What the Rest of Us See:
donkey-cart-in-mindiyada-near-anjaar-kutch-gujarat-india-ET159A.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you care about wins because that is what matters and Rush has a 3-0 record when he has started.

The thing people aren’t taking into account is Rush is going to get better with more experience. That’s just his 3rd start vs Dak who has started and got 1st team reps for years.

Of course Dak is a better player but I think Rush can close the gap enough to not warrant paying Dak his stupid salary that he isn’t worth.

At this point I’d rather have Amari Cooper back.

NotForLong

Reaction score
As long as the defense continues playing well and keeping opponents out of the endzone we can manage until we play a much better team and QB. Going to be hard to hold down QBs like Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. We have to start generating more offense.
Maybe and Yes . . . just Maybe this defense could impose their will upon the Entire NFL & yes more Offense would be much appreciated

visionary

Reaction score
Rush is driving the bus and managing games but we’re going to need more than that as the season goes on. We’re simply not generating enough offense and it will catch up with us against better teams and better QBs.

that may be true but he was much better this week than last week. Looks like he’s improving and gaining confidence

what if he plays good against skins and we win?

I would start him against Rams to see what he dies against a really good defense

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He typically has big scoring games against the giants

2nd game against the NYG last season Dak had the following stats:

28 of 37 217 yards 75.7% Comp % 1 td 0 int's Dallas won 21-6

Cooper Rush last night vs NYG

21 of 31 215 yards 67.7% Comp % 1 td 0 int's Dallas won 23-16

USArmyVet

Reaction score
that may be true but he was much better this week than last week. Looks like he’s improving and gaining confidence

what if he plays good against skins and we win?

I would start him against Rams to see what he dies against a really good defense

Cooper Rush stats by game for 2022

vs. TB 7 of 13 64 yards 53.85% Comp % QB rating 67.5

vs. CINN 19 of 31 235 yards 61.3% Comp % 1 td 0 int's QB rating 95.5

vs. NYG 21 of 31 215 yards 67.7% Comp % 1 td 0 int's QB rating 98.2

Important to note that Cooper Rush led Dallas to game winning drives against CINN and NYG.

Yes, he is improving and yes, the offense is different with him at the helm.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Feels like OP trying to label Rush as a lesser QB to prop Dak up. Some of yall make it your business to try and keep Dak relevant and it's unnecessary, just sit back and watch a student of the game work.

It's been great to see a QB throw guys open, read defenses, audible and actually look like he knows what he's doing, have really good accuracy, and is not sweating all over the place like he's nervous.

Call it what you want, but Cooper Rush is a winner so far, and he runs a smooth ship as the QB. Next week 4-0.
:yourock:

NotForLong

Reaction score
The thing people aren’t taking into account is Rush is going to get better with more experience. That’s just his 3rd start vs Dak who has started and got 1st team reps for years.

Of course Dak is a better player but I think Rush can close the gap enough to not warrant paying Dak his stupid salary that he isn’t worth.

At this point I’d rather have Amari Cooper back.
Basically this is what we have been saying for years . . . His price tag Didn't warrant the Quality they were paying. . . we always said the Da k was a dime a dozen and we should allocate those resources else where

Gaede

Reaction score
I’ll take the bus driver that throw dimes over the bus driver that throws 4 yards behind the receivers

This is funny to me. I see just as many high and low throws from Rush as I do Dak.

I actually agree with the premise of the thread. Rush plays within the system and that is working for us. Moore is also more conservative in his playcalling, which helps. But let's not pretend Rush is Tom Brady here.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I loved how Rush played but come on if you've ever played a down of football in your life you would have cringed like I did every time he threw those soft wobbly floaters into coverage. Dak is the better qb by a country mile.
I held my breath on a lot of them until I realized that's His Game. . . he has a great feel for time and space that He is able to drop thise passes in there

Soft "With Touch" but I would not say Wobbly.