CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.
He’s a very good bus driver.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As long as the defense continues playing well and keeping opponents out of the endzone we can manage until we play a much better team and QB. Going to be hard to hold down QBs like Stafford and Aaron Rodgers. We have to start generating more offense.
Whilst we will need to "generate more offense", the options will be, a) continue the incremental improvements which we're seeing from Rush, a bus driver who can keep Defenses honest with a ball over the top, or b) hope that Dak can find his form and confidence (to run and find receivers in coverage).
We will (I imagine) gamble on plan B, but what these couple of games have shown is that there's an alternative to Dak and as such he's going to be on a short leash (added pressure) situation... which hasn't, as yet, been condussive to getting the best out of him....he needs to rise to the challenge.

Swagger

Reaction score
I would hope Dak would have put up 45 on NY
Well Rush should have had at least 34 points but incidents out of his control - the Lamb drop and the officials not calling defensive PI/Holding on Brown in the Endzone. This Giants team isn't as bad as recent seasons either - they came into it 2-0.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's possible I've forgotten something, but can anyone name a single mistake he made against the Giants?
Don't worry Ronnie will find something before the week is out he must have overthrown somebody or thrown the ball behind somebody.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah Rush is a bus driver all right like the one in the movie SPEED.

With the way the officials were calling that game like the movie there was no margin for error.
Good decision making all night getting rid of the ball on time not making his offensive line block too long and get a bunch of unnecessary holding penalties knew what the play was where the ball had to go and got it there.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Right. Justin Herbert has a career losing record in 34 starts. Guessing you wouldn’t want his empty stats on this team? Stats are not everything, but they’re definitely something. Rush hardly passes the stats or eyeball test.

You guys have this stodgy, 1950s view where the only thing that matters is wins. Any baseball fans here? Take the standings after 40 games. Run differential is a much better predictor of future record/playoff success than the actual win count itself. That’s the paradox going on with Rush right now. Don’t fall in love with the 3-0 record.

First you say you don't care about salaries, but apparently you are a Dak fan. So just admit it. You seem to be bitter that the Cowboys have been winning with Rush at the helm and still pissed how bad Dak looked prior to getting injured again. Your team is doing fine and you can't accept it. You got a problem. What real fans want is the TEAM to win. Cheer up. Turn that frown upside down.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.
What would happen if Dak was given the same game plan?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just remember how good this O Line has looked the past 2 weeks with Rush. He reads defenses, processes quickly, and gets the ball out fast. 1 sack in 2 full games played. I've been calling him a bum, I was wrong, he may be a bus driver...so what. That's what this team needs. Honestly, I think he keeps Kellen Moore in check. Niners went to the nfccg last year with this blueprint.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just remember how good this O Line has looked the past 2 weeks with Rush. He reads defenses, processes quickly, and gets the ball out fast. 1 sack in 2 full games played. I've been calling him a bum, I was wrong, he may be a bus driver...so what. That's what this team needs. Honestly, I think he keeps Kellen Moore in check. Niners went to the nfccg last year with this blueprint.
:huh: he keeps Moore in Check

Is that what we are doing? . . . Still throwing shade on Moore

Instead of commenting something to the effect like . . . Moore is doing a great job dividing a winning game plan for Rush . . No You comment "He is keeping Moore in Check"

:facepalm:"Unbelievable"

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:huh: he keeps Moore in Check

Is that what we are doing? . . . Still throwing shade on Moore

Instead of commenting something to the effect like . . . Moore is doing a great job dividing a winning game plan for Rush . . No You comment "He is keeping Moore in Check"

:facepalm:"Unbelievable"
By keeping him in check I mean he is forcing him to remain committed to the running game. Kellen seems to lose the script when Dak is in there because he abandons the run and just has Dak start flinging it, whether it's working or not.